The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Still some kinks to be worked out but I thought as the game progressed, the Whitecaps got better. The goal was a thing of beauty....great setup and great finish. So happy the season has finally begun!

Agreed. The second half was better.

TBH, I was a bit concerned about the performance against what I saw as an inferior Toronto squad in the 1st half...

Daigo in his first game seems 100 times better than Robson.

Manneh and Hurtado are speedy and explosive players. They'll have to take better touches and make better decisions overall. But it's their first game and their futures look bright.

YP Lee seemed more involved with the additions of Daigo & Reo Coker. He was solid last season. But I thought the Caps could have used him more.

Reo-Coker seems like he'll be a good addition too. Versatile.

This is all based on one game. And against TFC. But things look encouraging.

I'm not certain of the exact rules, but I'm pretty certain it's not as simple as that. I don't think he can play for Canada right away.

2015 he will be eligible. It is very convoluded. Even moreso if he ends up going to europe in the next couple years.

mattocks_zpsc7756b98.jpg

lmao nice pic!!!!

It's a DAM shame we didn't get out of the first half up 3 or 4 zip. But I am certainly happy with what I am seeing so far. Miller was a beast, Kobayashi with an unreal strike, Hurtado was unlucky they called it offside(probably was though), Camillo looked dangerous in the little amount he played. And other than the crew goal, Joe Cannon looked really solid. I'm feeling good about this season so far. Hope they can keep building!

Is every kit in the MLS manufactured by adidas?

A little more variety would be nice. With the exception of colour every kit looks pretty much the same.

Adidas does supply every kit, Scottish. Huge sponsorship deal with MLS. I personally love Adidas gear. I wish Reds had kept their affiliation with the Three Stripes. It's a Classic footy look. Beckenbauer wore it the best for Germany.

Franz-Beckenbauer-%E2%80%93-B.-Munchen-1972-1976.jpg