The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Whitecaps 2 Montreal 2

Yet another game where the Caps played well, had their chances, but just couldn't get the job done.

This seems to be a recurring theme with this team.

It's a shame - an entertaining game but a very disappointing result, again.

I can't believe that Canadian players count as imports on Canadian rosters in this league. I have no interest in paying to watch American soccer, personally.

We really need a cross Canada CFL-type of league to develop Canadian soccer players. This UScentric league won't help.

I can't believe that Canadian players count as imports on Canadian rosters in this league. I have no interest in paying to watch American soccer, personally.

We really need a cross Canada CFL-type of league to develop Canadian soccer players. This UScentric league won't help.

um, they don't.

Domestic/International:

• In 2012, a total of 152 international slots are divided among the 19 clubs. Each club began with eight international slots, which are tradable. There is no limit on the number of international slots on each club’s roster.
    • The remaining roster slots must belong to domestic players. For clubs based in the United States, a domestic player is either a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident (green card holder) or the holder of other special status (e.g., refugee or asylum status).

[*]The three MLS clubs based in Canada – Montreal Impact, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC – began with eight international slots, but their domestic slots may be filled with either Canadian or U.S. domestic players.

• MLS clubs based in Canada are required to have a minimum of three Canadian domestic players on their rosters.
    • Players with the legal right to work in Canada are considered Canadian domestic players (i.e., Canadian citizen, permanent resident, part of a protected class).