The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Okay, granted it was a nice come-back.

But still - it was a draw. On home field. Against Chivas.

Not good. Not good at all.

Looking around for someone to blame for the Caps recent woes, it occurred to me that the only major change they've made recently is to put Ousted in goal. And his record is no great shakes - in five games he's 1 - 2 - 2. And yet he's only let in six goals in those five games. The Caps ability to score simply seems to have vanished.

BTW: I also notice that Sebastian Le Toux is leading the MLS in assists with twelve.

Okay, granted it was a nice come-back.

But still - it was a draw. On home field. Against Chivas.

Not good. Not good at all.

Looking around for someone to blame for the Caps recent woes, it occurred to me that the only major change they've made recently is to put Ousted in goal. And his record is no great shakes - in five games he's 1 - 2 - 2. And yet he's only let in six goals in those five games. The Caps ability to score simply seems to have vanished.

BTW: I also notice that Sebastian Le Toux is leading the MLS in assists with twelve.

i wish they'd move kobayashi back to his natural rw rather than keep hi stuck in the middle. I could see a 4-3-3 like this

mattocks

camilo kobayashi

koffie reo coker

davidson

harvey obrien leveron lee

i think the top 3 would be great. i never liked how they got rid of le toux, he would have been awesome with camilo and teibert. he had good speed and ball control.

It's as if the management didn't learn from last season, you shouldn't mess with a good thing midseason. Knighton was doing a superb job.

We are not losing directly because of Ousted because he's stopping shots but indirectly his attitude has got to be affecting everyone's psyche. He needs to tone it down a few notches before he's run out of town. Kinda reminds me of Robson with his hotheadedness.

It's as if the management didn't learn from last season, you shouldn't mess with a good thing midseason. Knighton was doing a superb job.

We are not losing directly because of Ousted because he's stopping shots but indirectly his attitude has got to be affecting everyone's psyche. He needs to tone it down a few notches before he's run out of town. Kinda reminds me of Robson with his hotheadedness.

Im not exactly that in tune with Soccer but its appears pretty much common place from what ive seen to see the goalies screaming, waving their arms and pointing fingers almost every game. I doubt that is an issue whatsoever.

I think we had a nice little hot streak there where everything was going right but that probably wasn't a true indication of where this team is. I don't think the results are any different with Knighton in net these past few games, altho i don't think the difference between him and Ousted is that wide a gap.

Well, Ousted has reasons to blast his team most of the time. It's a competitive world. The team has to respond..

It's been a while since Miller-Camillo-Teibert produced regularly. Need Reo in the midfield. Too bad we couldn't even grab a point from such a pivotal match. And Colorado and Portland both win later that night.

Go Caps! I want to see them in the POs. Probably the last hurrah for YP Lee.

Anyone else watch the Seattle/RSL game on TSN2 tonight?

An entertaining game, I thought. The outcome didn't really have any impact on the Whitecaps, so I could just sit back and enjoy it.

The Sounders are looking awfully good.

But how do they manage to get these huge crowds? Around 55,000 (!) for tonight's game. Whatever special things they're doing, the rest of the league has to start copying them.

Anyone else watch the Seattle/RSL game on TSN2 tonight?

An entertaining game, I thought. The outcome didn't really have any impact on the Whitecaps, so I could just sit back and enjoy it.

The Sounders are looking awfully good.

But how do they manage to get these huge crowds? Around 55,000 (!) for tonight's game. Whatever special things they're doing, the rest of the league has to start copying them.

I watched it last night holy cow they had so many chances, this team looks deadly even without dempsy and johnsson it was a very thrilling game I hope our boys can do that tonight its a must win game tonight

Wow, did Demerit look good against Wando and the Quakes. It goes to show how much the team missed him all season.

That being said, 1 point against San Jose doesn't help much in the standings. Yes, it was an away game against a pretty good opponent, but the 'Caps need wins...

So who thinks the Caps squeak in to the playoffs? They have to string some wins together or they could find themselves in a pretty bad position.

Well, the Caps are five points out of the playoff picture with only six games left in the season. And those six games are against tough opponents. Away at Montreal who are second in the east. Home to RSL who are second in the west. Home to Portland who are fifth in the west. Away to Seattle who are first in the west. And then back-to-back games against Colorado who are third in the west.

If I was betting, I would bet they are cooked.

But I'm not betting, and I'm a fan, so I'll hope for the unexpected best.

3-0 miller and CAMILO with 2.

H= home game A= away

5. Colorado 45 points 4 games remaining: Seattle H, SJ A, VAN H, VAN A

---------------------------------------------------------

6. Vancouver 41 points 5 games remaining: RSL H, POR H, SEA A, COL A, COL H

7 Dallas 40 points 6 games remaining: NY A, Columbus H, RSL A, CHI H, SEA H, SJ A

Could the last home and home series against Colorado be the deciding factor of the playoff picture?

Vancouver has the tie break advantage over Colorado but not against Dallas.

Edited by bolt

If there is such thing as a fortunate 3 nil win, that was it. The referee's reversal of the penalty decision was the turning point. Add to that a couple of shots off the woodwork by the Impact and a couple of big saves by Ousted, and you have a game that could have turned out much differently.

But a win is a win and this one helps make of for some of those games where the bounces didn't go the Caps' way...

Great to see Camilo with the two late strikes. The Caps need goals and his scoring slump leading up to that game was starting to get worrisome.