The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Damn, with all the craziness of this season they're actually very much alive. Just need to do the business against Colorado in their last two matches and they'll actually make it. Just insane.

They also have to pass San Jose, who are two points up on 'em. I am pretty amazed they're still in the race though.

They also have to pass San Jose, who are two points up on 'em. I am pretty amazed they're still in the race though.

Theoretically, I think both LA and Colorado could be knocked out, having both us and San José go through. Not gonna happen though, obviously.

That's Vancouver's first win in Seattle, is it not?

That's right. Wileman and DeVos mentioned it a few times on the broadcast.

Obviously a huge game from Manneh, but the 'Caps were over all very good. Demerit and Watson looked good at the back, especially at 3-1 and the Sounders pressing....Daigo was as good as he's ever been since he got to Vancouver and despite not scoring, Camilo was great yet again.

I agree with g_bassi; Seattle's 'keeping was atrocious, but I think that the 'Caps deserved the win based on the run of play anyway. If they can put two more matches like this together against Colorado they'll be in pretty good shape.

Surprise surprise, Kobayashi was put in his most natural position and he plays his best game in a Whitecaps shirt. Sad that it took 31 games for Rennie to figure this out.

Also, can we please get rid of Mitchell? I get that he has good aerial ability, but his positioning and decision making is beyond terrible, and the amount of times he has given the ball away this season... well I lost count already. Bring O'Brien back to the starting 11 please.

Surprise surprise, Kobayashi was put in his most natural position and he plays his best game in a Whitecaps shirt. Sad that it took 31 games for Rennie to figure this out.

Also, can we please get rid of Mitchell? I get that he has good aerial ability, but his positioning and decision making is beyond terrible, and the amount of times he has given the ball away this season... well I lost count already. Bring O'Brien back to the starting 11 please.

You may get your wish, I believe with that yellow he got on Wednesday he's suspended for one game. We may need O'Brien to play some heavy minutes against the Rapids

So the scenario for the last 2 games... A caps win gives them the tiebreaker over both teams (SJ and Colorado), so all the Caps need to get ahead of Colorado is a win and draw. A rapids win in either game eliminates Vancouver. The Earthquakes play the Galaxy (like a loss) and Dallas (unlikely a loss).

Need some help from LA, otherwise they gotta win out.

So the scenario for the last 2 games... A caps win gives them the tiebreaker over both teams (SJ and Colorado), so all the Caps need to get ahead of Colorado is a win and draw. A rapids win in either game eliminates Vancouver. The Earthquakes play the Galaxy (like a loss) and Dallas (unlikely a loss).

Need some help from LA, otherwise they gotta win out.

I like the way the Caps have been playing lately, but it's a tall order.

I could see the Rapids employing the Italian national team strategy of packing the box and hoping for a draw. If I was Rennie, I'd see what the game looks like on Saturday and load up the front end in the 2nd half if needed.