The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

How can he enter a major-league draft having signed elsewhere & those particulars un-registered.

Seems like the NY Cosmos as pulling a fast one in partnership with the player & feel that the White Caps won't have the stomach or the pocket-book for any legal challenge.

Lewis is a fan of Mattocks. Didnt that particular Whitecaps' striker recently diss his home club in the media back home, over his handling last season. The Whitecaps bear a lot of responsibility in all of this. Communications are a mess! Managemnt & the over-seeing of their human resources...is apparently dismal! Yet - if the MLS cannot properly conduct a drafting event,...the MLS deserves some scrutiny in this regard - too.

lmao at people who think it's the Whitecaps fault that Camilo didn't want to play for whitecaps anymore.

He had his mind set to play for the mexican club and not for Whitecaps. Why would you want someone to play on your team when THEY don't want to play for your team? Might as well sit him right? But that'd be a wasted roster spot. No?

Glad they got rid of Camilo. Gives up when he doesn't have the ball and can't play defense. Wanted him out last year even though he was doing well.

OT: Would rather have NBA than MLS tbh.

Edited by Hamhuis Hipcheck

I think your jealousy is showing to some level lol. If you're acquiring two amazing players who will help bring some skill to TFC, it's going to be great.

Watching the raps game right now, they put up a video on the board. They're talking about it in the game right now. Everyone's excited about it. If we brought in Defoe, everyone would be super excited. Of course it sells tickets, but it's not like it's going to make their team worse with the signing lmao..

Toronto teams on the rise dude. Used to be the hellhole, but now they have some assets/players in every city. Argos won in 2012. Raps have done an amazing job this season. Leafs would have been in the semis last year although struggling this year. The Blue Jays were a team that should have won the world series, but didn't. Now TFC doing their part. It's great to see improvement in these cities..

not at all jealous I'm hoping for all three Canadian teams to do well but I doubt whitecaps would be having commercials if we bring a player like Defoe or Bradley, I agree with Tim Lekikeau when he said they haven't done anything yet this may become like the bluejays team that doesn't click, I hope it doesn't for that team's sake

The Lewis problem has been put to bed by mls and the whitecaps. He will attend training camp and will only report to the Cosmos on a loan If he doesn't make Vancouvers roster. There will be a few sugnificant signings coming in the next month. Demerit's deal is almost done and coach Robinson has a pipeline of players he can move over from europe.

Finally re-signed DeMerit. I loved his play when he came back from injury. He's a total beast, and he puts it out there every game. Amid every single negative this off season, it's great to finally have a clear, positive thing to go on. Also liking the news that Salgado is done healing, and finally ready to compete for a spot. I'm not liking Mattocks at all, so if Salgado can serve as a solid backup coming off the bench, I'm content with that.

Either way, this team isn't going to be scoring a lot of goals. Mattocks is flakey at best, and nobody else is a proven finisher. The midfield is fairly balanced but not very creative. Could be a long year.

Either way, this team isn't going to be scoring a lot of goals. Mattocks is flakey at best, and nobody else is a proven finisher. The midfield is fairly balanced but not very creative. Could be a long year.

I would imagine they either try and sign a creative mid, or a finisher. I don't know how well of a player they'll pick up, especially considering their horrible DP track record, but my guess is they'll at least try.

How many international roster spots does this team have open now?

I would imagine they either try and sign a creative mid, or a finisher. I don't know how well of a player they'll pick up, especially considering their horrible DP track record, but my guess is they'll at least try.

How many international roster spots does this team have open now?

according to the article in the province today, 1/11. Wikipedia says these are the players:

Abdallah, Diouf , Leverón, Lewis,Mattocks, Miller, Mitchell, O'Brien,Ousted, Reo-Coker

These DP's in the past have turned out to be terrible moves. How was Ousted an upgrade over Knighton? I'm still screaming at that little red headed Scot and his arrogance. I'm still curious as well how Lenarduzzi is still employed by this team.

I'd give him a full season before writing him off.