The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I hate playing the "blame the ref" card, but seriously, fuck this ref, lol. I hate when they determine the outcome like that. Foolish handball by Laba, but the double yellow and the initial non-call on the foul were complete bullshit.

That's a bad one.

Granted the second yellow on Laba was controversial, but that's still no excuse for the team to fall apart like that. (And, btw, why didn't some other Cap warn Laba that the Colorado player was coming on behind him? Laba seemed totally unaware the Colorado player was coming.)

Now the Caps have to play a home and home against the Galaxy. Let's hope they can rebound from this. Otherwise we might be looking back at this game as the beginning of a downward spiral.

That's a bad one.

Granted the second yellow on Laba was controversial, but that's still no excuse for the team to fall apart like that. (And, btw, why didn't some other Cap warn Laba that the Colorado player was coming on behind him? Laba seemed totally unaware the Colorado player was coming.)

Now the Caps have to play a home and home against the Galaxy. Let's hope they can rebound from this. Otherwise we might be looking back at this game as the beginning of a downward spiral.

It was a terrible missed call that led to Laba's second yellow, (really unfortunate, since I thought the referee had done a very good job up to that point) but he has to realize that he can't assume a foul being called. There was obviously no whistle on the play and he made a huge mistake handling the ball in that situation, especially since he was well aware that he was already on a yellow.

His dismissal aside, that strike by Mari on the first Rapids' goal was pure quality.....

Frustrating.

With the speed on their team and a midfielder like Morales, I'd expect the Caps to score a bushel of goals. And they don't.

And yet I'm still expecting them to explode one of these games. Maybe then they'll be off to the races.

If Manneh could finish like Keano...

I think/expect he will. He's only 19(!). I think he'll learn to finish and then....watch out.

And I expect the same of Mattocks. He's 23 which, I guess, isn't young for an athlete. But he still has time to develop another dimension (finishing) to his game.