The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

The way our forwards stand without Miller is that we have a core of young wildcards with sporadic performances. Bringing in a veteran to anchor things would be great. I hope they're looking at a DP during the transfer window.

• Upvote 1

Solid game by the Whitecaps for the large part, but it feels more like Columbus lost this one rather than the Whitecaps won it. It could have been an insane rout if the Whitecaps finished on a margin of their wide open chances. Was about as frustrating to watch as a clean shut-out win could possibly be, lol.

Felt really bad for Salgado when he just missed on his break away chance, but I'm sure he's happy to even be out there at this point. I know I would like to see more of him, so I hope they extend that opportunity past this road trip. It's not like they have many bodies to even go around at this point.

Hurtado this season has been so much better than he was last year. Last year, the only positive I had to share about him was that he was fast. Now he's carrying the ball, and generating chances well. He needs more confidence in his finishing (meaning he needs to stop hesitating at taking the shot when he first can), but I'm sure this first goal will help.

Having Laba and Koffie anchor the mid is great. Especially Laba. The guy is a work horse, and a beast.

All in all, I have a lot of good things to say about a lot of players at this point. Things are not looking too bad. As long as the offence doesn't dry up with all the inconsistencies at hand, the team should be able to keep this run going.

An amazing strike from Hurtado, although I thought Salgado showed enough skill against Toronto to deserve the start. I really like the defensive-mid pairing of Laba and Koffie, they played a key role in shutting out a dangerous Crew attack. Not a particulalry fantastic game, obviously not a game for the ages, but three points is three points.

Solid game by the Whitecaps for the large part, but it feels more like Columbus lost this one rather than the Whitecaps won it. It could have been an insane rout if the Whitecaps finished on a margin of their wide open chances. Was about as frustrating to watch as a clean shut-out win could possibly be, lol.

Felt really bad for Salgado when he just missed on his break away chance, but I'm sure he's happy to even be out there at this point. I know I would like to see more of him, so I hope they extend that opportunity past this road trip. It's not like they have many bodies to even go around at this point.

Hurtado this season has been so much better than he was last year. Last year, the only positive I had to share about him was that he was fast. Now he's carrying the ball, and generating chances well. He needs more confidence in his finishing (meaning he needs to stop hesitating at taking the shot when he first can), but I'm sure this first goal will help.

Having Laba and Koffie anchor the mid is great. Especially Laba. The guy is a work horse, and a beast.

All in all, I have a lot of good things to say about a lot of players at this point. Things are not looking too bad. As long as the offence doesn't dry up with all the inconsistencies at hand, the team should be able to keep this run going.

The lack of finish can be frustrating. But it's a young team. And I think (hope) they're going to learn. And if/when they do they are going to obliterate some teams. I really think there's a lot of scoring potential on the team.

As far as Hurtado goes, I thought one of the tv announcers nailed it: he always looks like he's out of control. But again, with game experience, I think he can put it together and he should be fun to watch. That goal he scored was a beauty - that little back kick to himself then POW!

I would also like to see more of Salgado. Yet another young player with lots of potential.