The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I am not very good at research, but I have heard about how small the MLS is in contrast to other, global leagues. Which makes me happy that we have 2 6'4" strikers.

If we can have them both on the field at the same time, we will be very dangerous to deal with on crosses into the box.

Also the Caps picked up a new defender Kevin Harmse today, he will probably slot in for JD.

Well I don't think he will slot into the starting lineup. He's developed more into a depth player and with his ability to play multiple positions and him being from Vancouver it was probably fairly easy to sign him if his trial was good. You never know with Boxall with NZ too. I think with Knight and Janicki, Harmse still won't get the start in philly.

There's some soccer club that puts on UNICEF from the front.

Corporate sponsorship helps pay off expenses.

The soccer club wearing UNICEF is currently having financial difficulties...

It seems inevitable.

The entire Spanish league is a joke right now. Going into 3 weeks I believe? of no football because of tv contracts issues.

The game next Wednesday at 7pm will be tough to sell out. I have no issue going to Empire on the weekend, but going through all that traffic will be an issue for myself.

Where do you live?

A lot of people park on various side streets along hastings then walk/bus the rest of the way, while others skytrain to Renfrew then bus up.

I'm in Burnaby right next to Brentwood Mall, so getting there is really easy for me.

Where do you live?

A lot of people park on various side streets along hastings then walk/bus the rest of the way, while others skytrain to Renfrew then bus up.

I'm in Burnaby right next to Brentwood Mall, so getting there is really easy for me.

Fraser Valley, so it's either drive to the stadium in rush hour, or drive to Surrey, take a train, and then a bus. Although I love the experience at Empire, it will be way easier once they are at BC Place. Last week when I went, me and my friends just took a taxi, from chinatown to the stadium, and it was only $20 split 4 ways. They did have buses that would take you to the stadium, but they were all full, and passing us up.

Wheres the best place to buy jerseys in person?

Is empire the only place to currently get them?

They're at most sport/soccer stores. There used to be a Whitecaps store at Metro but a friend told me they closed it.

I think they're the same price everywhere you go, though.

golly.. we made it like, 45min into the season healthy? I am not excited what our team will look like come late October...

Thorrington is practicing and so is Nanchoff. Salinas is getting closer to coming back. Demerit's injury seems minor, but just being careful with him. Same with Harris.

We are without Hassli for one game and Teibert and Salgado are away at U-20.

It is well known in the MLS that depth is important, but we will have players returning soon from whatever reason. By October, we might have a very solid squad.

How often during the season do these call-ups happen and/or about how many games should we expect players worthy of a national team call-up to miss?

The problem is that the MLS schedule doesn't respect FIFA's international calendar and continues play during these dates, whereas pretty much every other league stops play