The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeremy Price Talk

Gnickers87

I don't think we will sign him. he had a fairly undistinguished collegiate career from what I gather. Kellen tochkin doesn't need company in Podunk Kentucky or wherever it is that he plays.

I thought he handled himself well in his short stint in the AHL last season. Couple that with the fact that this organization has a severe lack of right handed dmen and I think it would be foolish to let him walk.

He doesn't appear to have top-4 potential, but he could develop into a jack-of-all-trades bottom pairing guy that makes the right decisions while not wowing you with any one part of his game.

I hope they sign him

If teams like the Oilers and the Islanders still have Teubert and Hickey with all the depth they have, you better believe the Canucks are gonna re-sign Sauve.

It's almost laughable to think that they wouldn't.

I didn't mean that I didn't want them to re-sign Sauve. I agree with you that he still has some potential in him. Had they let him go to another team and end up a solid defensive bottom pairing dman it would have been a waste.

As for Price I hope they get on signing him. He looked great in his time with the Wolves and would be great depth.

• 3 weeks later...

i just don't understand what the waiting is for? could it be cause they want to get a few more nhl guys signed? possibly waiting to see if they can just get him on a Utica contract? i don't see any situation where price plays in the majors this year, so if he would accept an AHL deal that would be ideal. but that still could lead to him being signed by another team.. i'm confused.

i just don't understand what the waiting is for? could it be cause they want to get a few more nhl guys signed? possibly waiting to see if they can just get him on a Utica contract? i don't see any situation where price plays in the majors this year, so if he would accept an AHL deal that would be ideal. but that still could lead to him being signed by another team.. i'm confused.

probably waiting to see if they can give him a nhl contract (if they have the room) or if they need to just give him a AHL contract. and while under contract with the comets i believe he's not allowed to sign with another NHL team, though i could be wrong.

He pretty much signed, I saw a tweet from a creditable source that a canucks prospects retweeted(kellen lain)

i found the tweet i think you are referring to, but it doesn't say Price signed. it was from a training center that lain, price, and defazio are working out at and it said defazio has signed, joining lain and price in the canucks organization. price is still technically apart of the organization as an RFA.

2 days later he posted the same thing, with prices twitter handle taken out. (could have been because of character limit on the post but still, doesn't report price has signed).

i can't post the tweets at the moment cause i'm at work but if i'm referring to the wrong tweets, please correct me.

I believe this is the tweet. Doesn't say he's signed though....

Wes Clark@theATCcanada 10 Jul

Confirmed another #ATC athlete will be signing w/ @VanCanucks & joining @klain19 @jeremyprice20 in the organization #IMPACT @TakahashiRoger

Thanks person above confirming date these players need to be signed by.

Also, saw this tweet/vid of Price training this summer:

Richard Clark@RichardATC 11 Jul

@jeremyprice20 finishing @theATCcanada training session with 24 sec shifts on the reaction lights #IMPACT 10IN!10OUT! http://yfrog.us/mxmt...pljkgenrhoz …

• 2 weeks later...

Archived