The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeremy Price Talk

Gnickers87

There is a Jeremy Price thread somewhere, but it rarely ever gets used anyway, so we can just make this the new thread.

Anyway, his season finished recently with Colgate getting knocked out the ECAC Semi-Finals and losing in the 3rd place game to Dartmouth. This is actually quite the accomplishment for Colgate as they were last in the Conference during the regular season posting a record of 4-15-3. (11-28-3 including non-conference games)

In the 1st Round of the playoffs they upset RPI in 3 games, winning game 3 in Double Overtime. In the Quarterfinals they knocked off top ranked Union, winning game 3 in OT. They then lost to Yale 4-0 in Semi-Finals of the ECAC Final 4, before losing to Dartmouth in the aforementioned 3rd place game.

He finished the season with 5 goals and 14 assists for 19 points in 42 games. (In his Freshman season he had 14 points in 35 games) While those are not gaudy numbers, he led all defenseman in scoring and was 6th on the team points. (Team leader only had 34) Price played in all situations including the #1 PP and PK.

I'd say it was a pretty good season for Price considering he played for such a poor team. Hopefully the team can improve next season for Price's Junior year and he can get his numbers into the mid to high 20's.

Ahh I wondered what happened to this guy. Sounds like he had a good season. :)

That's what's fun about college prospects. You draft them and then sort of forget about them for a couple years, and then all of sudden they come back on the radar and they're actually really good players.

Sure its easy to see improvement when you look at the stats and some of the circumstances. Its good he managed to put up some more points on such a bad team. But its when you watch him in either highlights or in person, that you see he still has a glaring hole in his game.

That hole is defense. I've watched him on a PK and several times, i've scratched my head at the things he does, questioned his hockey sense, his decision making, and perhaps what the coaching staff is teaching these guys. On more than one occasion, he has gone chasing above the circles on a PK, leaving the front of the net wide open with an opposing forward there waiting for an easy rebound or tip. On other plays, i've seen him lose his man on the faceoff, letting them drive to the net uncontested. And i've seen him have trouble handling guys behind the net as well as in front of the net, despite the size of the forwards.

Price was the main guy on the PP - which was the worst in the conference at 10.5%. It struggled big time and Price is not exempt from that. The Seniors didn't score much and didn't pick up their game until the playoffs. And it wasn't until the playoffs that Price started to use his skating ability to move the puck up the ice. Hopefully he carries where he left off, because he'll again be depended on next season.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I forgot about this guy too... Sounds like he will be a stellar addition to the Manitoba Moo... err, Chicago Wol... err.... whatever the Nucks next AHL affiliate is called.

I doubt he will ever play at Roger's Arena, but it's always good to have skilled guys in the organization. maybe he will step up and be the rare gem who breaks through and becomes a productive NHLer. Mike Gillis has done a good job of signing/drafting NCAA players in his time here. Who knows if any will pay off for the big club, but he is bringing in solid depth to the farm system. Competition at the minor league level will only push guys to improve.

• 6 months later...

| Overall                             | Conf Only                           |      Career

## Player                    POS YR | GP   G   A PTS PEN/MIN  PP SH GW GT | GP   G   A PTS PEN/MIN  PP SH GW GT |  GP   G   A PTS

20 Jeremy Price (VAN)          D JR | 20   2  13  15   6/ 15   2  0  0  0 | 11   2   9  11   4/ 11   2  0  0  0 |  97  13  35  48

Got an assist in his game against Harvard today.

## Player                    POS YR | GP   G   A PTS PEN/MIN  PP SH GW GT | GP   G   A PTS PEN/MIN  PP SH GW GT |  GP   G   A PTS

20 Jeremy Price (VAN)          D JR | 20   2  13  15   6/ 15   2  0  0  0 | 11   2   9  11   4/ 11   2  0  0  0 |  97  13  35  48

Got an assist in his game against Harvard today.

Heh. Him 'n' McNally head to head eh? I wish I could've watched that game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Most underrated of the Canucks' prospects.

22 points in 31 games. Most of any Colgate defensemen (by 4 points and that guy played 3 more games) & 3rd on the team in points. He's also 4th youngest on the team.

Compared to 19 points in 42 games last season.

6'1/190 pounds. Right-handed.

Hope he jumps to the Wolves next year and plays some PP with K-Conn.

Archived