The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeremy Price Talk

Gnickers87

Price assisted on Colgate's only goal of the game - a powerplay goal - in a 2-1 loss to Rensselaer today. He finished with 2 shots on goal and a -1 rating.

Also of note, it was Colgate's first game in two weeks.

I gotta say, I've been very impressed by this kid. Not bad at all for a 4th-rounder. The general consensus is he'll play in the AHL/ECHL next year?

I gotta say, I've been very impressed by this kid. Not bad at all for a 4th-rounder. The general consensus is he'll play in the AHL/ECHL next year?

With the general lack of righty D-men in the system, he should be able to step into the Wolves lineup next year.

13 points (5g, 8a) in 22 GP. +11 too!

Price logged an assist, 1 shot on goal and a +1 rating for Colgate in a 2-1 win over Brown this evening.

I like the fact that Price is usually a difference maker for Colgate in what seem to always be low scoring, 2-1 type games. He's constantly scoring or getting an assist on a goal and Colgate rarely scores more than two in a game.

Price: 5 goals, 17 points in 27 games.

Most points of any defensemen on his team.

Diff. thought: Wonder if GMMG would give any thought to signing his defensive partner.. Spiro Goulakas.

They're the same age, Spiro has 1 more goal. He's 6'2 and is nearly 200 pounds. Seems like he's a tougher guy judging by his stats.. lead his Jr. A team in PIMs before going to college and has 33 PIMs this year compared to Price's 8 (he also wore the A in those years).

15 points/21 games for Spiro.

Plus his name is Spiro.

Price: 5 goals, 17 points in 27 games.

Most points of any defensemen on his team.

Diff. thought: Wonder if GMMG would give any thought to signing his defensive partner.. Spiro Goulakas.

They're the same age, Spiro has 1 more goal. He's 6'2 and is nearly 200 pounds. Seems like he's a tougher guy judging by his stats.. lead his Jr. A team in PIMs before going to college and has 33 PIMs this year compared to Price's 8 (he also wore the A in those years).

15 points/21 games for Spiro.

Plus his name is Spiro.

I have watched quite a few Colgate games in the last 2 years, and you are right to have an interest in Spiro. He is very noticable on the ice with his skating and mobility. He is solid defensively but also very dynamic on the PP. He was very high on my free agent radar.

However, he has just been diagnosed with cancer and has left Colgate to begin his treatments. So he has not played for about a month. He likely won't be signed this season because of that. But maybe he can come back next season if everything goes well.

I have watched quite a few Colgate games in the last 2 years, and you are right to have an interest in Spiro. He is very noticable on the ice with his skating and mobility. He is solid defensively but also very dynamic on the PP. He was very high on my free agent radar.

However, he has just been diagnosed with cancer and has left Colgate to begin his treatments. So he has not played for about a month. He likely won't be signed this season because of that. But maybe he can come back next season if everything goes well.

Oh man.

Thanks for the information although it is sad.

What a tragedy. I also have noticed this player while trying to follow Price. I sincerely hope his treatment and recovery are completely successful and he can return to what seems like a promising hockey career.

The ECAC regular season is over.

Jeremy Price's regular season stats:

34 GP, 6 goals, 14 assists, 20 points, +10, 10 PIMS

Colgate finished 11th in the league and is facing #6 St. Lawrence in the first round of the ECAC tournament. They played Game 1 today and lost 4-2. Price finished with no points, 2 PIMS and a -2 rating.

Game 2 goes tomorrow. These are best of 3 series so Colgate has to win tomorrow to stay alive. If they lose, it'll be Price's last game of his college career and if he gets signed by the Canucks he'll likely join the Wolves or be assigned to the ECHL. Don't want to put the cart before the horse though. Price still has an important game to play tomorrow for Colgate.

Archived