The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeremy Price Talk

Gnickers87

I really love what MG has done drafting within last 5 year's he's been with the canucks. So far I love what we drafted in the 2011 draft with Jensen headlining it for that draft year. We have many prospects that look like NHLers for our team in many positions that doesn't have to be a superstar.

The 2009 draftees are starting to looking pretty good so far can't wait for them to find some chemistry and just rip it up.

Good, Chicago has been craving a right hand dman since Tanev was called up. Price will be a nice addition to the backend.

Now slide out Joslin and you have a nice mobile group going

Matheson-Anderson

Connauton- Price

Vandemeer-Hunt

Joslin in over Vandermeer for me. He hasn't been playing well from what I've heard.

Oh and this now means that 6/7 of our draft picks of 2009 have played in the AHL, and are available for call up. Not a bad draft year.

I can see the 2011 draft having similar success.

Everyone outside of Honzik and Westerholm have a good shot at playing in the AHL in the next few years. And Honzik still has a chance to turn it around.

That`s 6 out of 8 pretty solid prospects though. Jensen, Corrado, and Grenier should be playing there next year. And Labate, Tommernes, and Blomstrand should be there in a couple years if development continues to go well.

Classic, stuck on the semantics. I worded it that way to make it sound good. Having 6 out of 7 from a draft year in our farm certainly makes our drafting/development sector look that much better.

I am stuck on the fact that you said that 6 of 7 are 'available for call up'

Oh and this now means that 6/7 of our draft picks of 2009 have played in the AHL, and are available for call up. Not a bad draft year.

Which they are not.

It's not semantics when you are incorrect.

Semantics would've been me arguing '6/7 of our draft picks of 2009 have played in the AHL'. (as Price has n't played yet)

Unfortunately, I don't see how Price gets much, if any, playing time. He'll probably get the same treatment as Corrado did last year. He'll get subbed in every once in awhile for the Wolves worst - or least important - defeseman at any given time. In all likelihood, that will be Connauton/Polasek. The top 5 on defense seems set with Joslin, Matheson, Vandermeer, Hunt and Andersson.

Archived