The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeremy Price Talk

Gnickers87

It's semantics when you're stuck on it going on 2 days now.

huh?

Seeing as I posted the news of his ATO yesterday at 1156AM and it is now 122PM...... that is one day.

You SAID he was available for call up - which he is not. If someone who didn't know the contract rules very well, came and read that, they would have incorrect information... there is no semantics here. You were incorrect... and want to argue that I am just playing semantics.

I gave you an example of semantics...

Unfortunately, I don't see how Price gets much, if any, playing time. He'll probably get the same treatment as Corrado did last year. He'll get subbed in every once in awhile for the Wolves worst - or least important - defeseman at any given time. In all likelihood, that will be Connauton/Polasek. The top 5 on defense seems set with Joslin, Matheson, Vandermeer, Hunt and Andersson.

Well the one thing price will have going for him is being a RH D in an organization that is lacking depth at this position.

I sure hope the Wolves start focusing on our prospects more, it seems Chicago is haven for career AHLers.

Well the one thing price will have going for him is being a RH D in an organization that is lacking depth at this position.

I sure hope the Wolves start focusing on our prospects more, it seems Chicago is haven for career AHLers.

That will never happen with Chicago; their owners goal is to win the Calder Cup at all costs - this is part of the reason why Sauve, Grenier, Mallet, Friesen, Myron, Cannata, Polasek, Rai and Archibald have spent significant time in the ECHL this season.

That will never happen with Chicago; their owners goal is to win the Calder Cup at all costs - this is part of the reason why Sauve, Grenier, Mallet, Friesen, Myron, Cannata, Polasek, Rai and Archibald have spent significant time in the ECHL this season.

Yep. As I mentioned in the ECHL thread, the Wolves have a ridiculous number of guys on AHL only contracts right now. That kind of a situation is not conducive to healthy prospect development. Haydar, Sterling, Miller, Desbiens, Davies, Kattelus, Matheson, Hunt and Climie are all Wolves property and guys like Ebbett, Joslin, Vandermeer and Pinizzotto are AHL veterans signed by the Canucks. That leaves little room for Canucks prospects to shine. That's why Peter Andersson deserves a ton of credit. He has managed to climb to the top of a pile of AHL vets and regulars.

Yep. As I mentioned in the ECHL thread, the Wolves have a ridiculous number of guys on AHL only contracts right now. That kind of a situation is not conducive to healthy prospect development. Haydar, Sterling, Miller, Desbiens, Davies, Kattelus, Matheson, Hunt and Climie are all Wolves property and guys like Ebbett, Joslin, Vandermeer and Pinizzotto are AHL veterans signed by the Canucks. That leaves little room for Canucks prospects to shine. That's why Peter Andersson deserves a ton of credit. He has managed to climb to the top of a pile of AHL vets and regulars.

Desbiens is signed by the Canucks not the wolves

To be honest, none of those players should be in the AHL. Please don't be hating, except for maybe Sauve, and Mallet. The rest should be in the ECHL.

To be honest, none of those players should be in the AHL. Please don't be hating, except for maybe Sauve, and Mallet. The rest should be in the ECHL.

Without a doubt - Cannata should be in the AHL and playing a ton more then he currently is (he is riding the pine in the AHL right now)

While Polasek and Archibald are currently in the AHL; with Archibald playing quite well.

Sauve has fallen off the map, and I seriously doubt will get another contract from the Canucks.

I do agree with Mallet - all the games that I have seen him in the AHL, hes looked really good.

Also - Myron and Grenier are not signed by the Canucks, so I can understand why they are in the ECHL, rather then the AHL, as Chicago has no reason to give them a spot over a player of their choice.

Chicago was another gaff, reminds me of the days Vcr used to share a farm team in Frederickton...their players were always sucking the hind t!t. I suspect the Canucks will have a different farm club next season

Wolves Record 29-19-5-4. It's not bad as Canucks fans think. You guys just hating because Arniel is not giving ice time to Canucks prospects? Give me a break guys.

Wolves Record 29-19-5-4. It's not bad as Canucks fans think. You guys just hating because Arniel is not giving ice time to Canucks prospects? Give me a break guys.

It's not that Arniel isn't just handing ice time to Canucks prospects, it's that he's not using them properly. Giving Cannata a start or two somewhere in between Climie's 13 straight starts is not asking a lot. Giving Andersson some PP time on the 2nd unit ahead of a defensive journeyman in Vandermeer isn't asking a lot either.

I've already mentioned in the past that I think Arniel is generally doing the best with what he has but in SOME cases he uses Canucks prospects much too sparingly. All that being said, though, I have no problem with Price not dressing tonight. He has a grand total of ZERO pro experience and he's signed to an ATO with several more qualified defensemen ahead of him. He'll get subbed in as the 6th defenseman here and there until the end of the season and I'm fine with that. Price is an example of a prospect that has to start from the bottom and work his way up.

• 2 weeks later...

Any coach that uses Jim freaking Vandermeer on the PP over Price - who's shown very well thus far - deserves a :picard: . And it wouldn't even be the first time this year he's misused players.

nothing wrong with that move, as the Wolves has lost 3 straight. At this point, Vandermeeer is probably a much more proven player then someone like Price who only has 5 professional games. I think next year when we move to Abbotsford, and gain full control of the team, we will start to allocate ice time to the players they want to develop.

nothing wrong with that move, as the Wolves has lost 3 straight. At this point, Vandermeeer is probably a much more proven player then someone like Price who only has 5 professional games. I think next year when we move to Abbotsford, and gain full control of the team, we will start to allocate ice time to the players they want to develop.

They've lost 3 straight with Vandermeer on the powerplay.

Seems like Arniel is like AV. He just keeps doing the same thing and hopes it eventually works.

He may have experience on Price, but he's been terrible this year in Chicago, which kind of negates that advantage anyway. Add that to the fact he has little offensive ability, poor skating and it doesn't help the team when they're already hurting for goals. Makes very little sense.

Archived