The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Presidents Trophy Presentation

Cigano

So the presidents trophy will be presented on Thursday to the Canucks. We all know the superstition of not touching the trophy because thats not the trophy we want to hoist. Do you guys think Henrik will touch it or just stick to the norm and not touch it like everyone in the years past. I personally think he should just pick up to break the superstition. This superstition is the same for the conference champions during the playoffs but last year Toews broke the superstition and picked up the trophy for being the Western Conference Champions and they went on to win the cup. So i say Henrik lift that trophy up and break the superstition. But I think Henrik will just stick to the tradition of not touching it because he probally does not want to do anything different and does not want any potential criticism or needless comments from the fans or media. What you guys think he will do?

Neither Jonanthan Toews or Mike Richards touched the Campbell or Wales Trophies.

Ovechkin didn't touch and got eliminated in the first round.

I guess don't touch it, then we don't have the idiotic fans that say we lost because Henrik touched the President's Trophy. <_<

Don't even look at it. Pretend it's not there!

Seriously, I don't buy the superstition BS around these trophies. Both Philly and Chicago didn't touch their trophies last playoffs, yet both didn't win the Cup. If Hank touches it, that's fine. We know they won't be silly enough to parade it around and drink champagne out of it.

<br />ummm... you do know it has nothing to do with the President of the USA... its the trophy that the President of NHL presented to the top team.... the NHL no longer has a prez but a commissioner... they just never changed the name of the trophy to the Commissioner's Cup or something else<br />

Archived