The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Geroy Simon watch

Captain Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Geroy's got that fire in his eye...was hard to see the team struggle knowing that he puts his all into every game. Glad they're turning things around and he's inching closer....always on "Geroy watch". :)

Love that the team has some versatility and the "focus" isn't just on Geroy, allowing him more space to do his thing. :)

(Interesting...he now needs to average about 81 yards per game to make it)

Geroy has the big play ability and I could see him hitting the record. With how Gore/Bruce are playing so well, it'll only be 1 play where Geroy will get a 60+ yard play and help him push that record even closer. Hell he almost had a 30+ yarder yesterday in the second but just barely couldn't hold onto it.

6 games left, 4 at home. I would love to see it happen here. It would be great if it happened in the last game of the season vs Montreal. AC will likely have the record for passing yards by then but if not it would be amazing to see both of them get the respective milestones that game.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that he would have passed Allen (my pits reek) Pitts last game but Reid got flagged on an 8 yard completion.

I guess Angus owes him an AYCE at Memphis Blues for that...

Angus owes him nothing. I'm pretty sure Lulay would have been sacked in the play had be not held. Besides, how many of Geroy's yards are thanks to a key Reid block?

Archived