The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Killing

G.K. Chesterton

Did anyone watch the series premiere of AMC's new show The Killing this past Sunday? It's set in Seattle but filmed in Vancouver. Like all of AMC's television series, production was top-notch and the quality was excellent. It might just be my favourite AMC series next to Breaking Bad.

Did anyone watch the series premiere of AMC's new show The Killing this past Sunday? It's set in Seattle but filmed in Vancouver. Like all of AMC's television series, production was top-notch and the quality was excellent. It might just be my favourite AMC series next to Breaking Bad.

Saw the first few episodes of The Walking Dead and it was good but when they got to the people camping out with motor homes it got stupid fast. Lost interest in Mad Med when it turned into a time period soap opera. Only Breaking bad kept its high quality level going.

Only way to watch AMC and stay sane is to record it so you can skip the ridiculous amount of commercials they jam in there. Every movie those bastards show is half an hour longer than on any other channel because they add so many commercials.

AMC usually has some great series. Breaking bad topping all and special mini series Prisoner (remake of classic) was interesting. The Killing looks good, i'll make sure to check it out!

Another show I hear is supposed to be good is "The Borgia's" anyone who has played Assassins Creed should be familiar with the characters. Here's a trailer for that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hmD2sGV7Q

I thought it was an outstanding beginning to a series I've been waiting to watch. I thought the actor whp portrays the cop is creepy as hell, but, coming from vice, his actions are realistic. It's taking a while for the main character to grow on me, but, again, I think it's consistent with the circumstance. She has to be cold and calculating in her line of work, and the actress portrays that well.......she's just very strange.

I don't think we can compare the two (TWD and The Killing) in the sense that they are really different genres. That said, I love The Walking Dead, but agree that The Killing was better acted (I'm such a hypocrite!). I was so sucked in to this. It is very intense and intelligent and subtle all in one. Good writing. I can't wait to see how it goes.

Watching it right now. I really want to like it but I'm finding that it's not holding my attention well. It's really distracting me how much Billy Campbell has aged too. It's weird to think 10 years ago I thought he was the best looking guy on TV after David James Elliot and Dylan McDermott.

I thought it was an outstanding beginning to a series I've been waiting to watch. I thought the actor whp portrays the cop is creepy as hell, but, coming from vice, his actions are realistic. It's taking a while for the main character to grow on me, but, again, I think it's consistent with the circumstance. She has to be cold and calculating in her line of work, and the actress portrays that well.......she's just very strange.

All in all, I loved this show and can't wait for Sunday.

Archived