I'm pretty jacked up about the Canucks being up 2-0, but the last time I checked, it takes 4 to win a series and 16 to win the cup. So, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done (that's the obvious statement).
Here's some good and bad things about the Canucks that I've noticed about the last couple of games:
- Overall team play. Boys are backing each other up in all three zones, banging hard, and winning 70% of the puck battles. So far, they've shown great discipline and composure, which was one of my biggest concerns about the team going into 2010-11.
- Sami Salo's play. When did he become such a killer? He's been phenomenal.
- Dan Hamhuis...still not noticeable on the ice, which is a very good thing.
- Alex Edler...aside from a couple of miscues (see next section), my opinion is that he's been the best defenceman in the series so far.
- Cody Hodgson....there's something special about this kid. He's calm, sees the ice well and faster than I thought he was. He's also mature beyond his years and possesses what appears to be a steadfast way about him, refusing (in a good and respectful way) to give in to the external demands around him...good on him. He just needs a little puck luck around the net.
- Sedins getting in on the offensive side of the scoresheet last night.
- Luongo's play in Game 1 and his ability to fight through what was a sub par performance (for his standards) in Game 2.
- Jannek Hansen...his speed and complete two way play has been something to behold. I've been a big Hansen fan for the past few years and I really hope that this is the break through for him that we've been waiting for. He should have been playing with Kes and Higgins on the second line last night. But, given that he's been the heart and soul of the third line for the past couple of weeks, it does make sense to keep him in his role as third line RW.
- Killer PK.
- The near shut down of that punk from Buffalo, Patrick Kane. He is a puke and a punk and I hope the boys keep banging and tossing him (did you see his "run from behind" on Oreskovich in the first period last night?). I hate this cabbie beating, shirtless, mulleted punk and would love to see Torres put him out of commission for the rest of his playing career. Why is it that pukes like Kane escape injuries that affect guys like Crosby?
- Henrik's momentary brain fart on his back check on the Hawks first goal.
- Edler's momentary brain fart on the Stahlberg's goal.
- Luongo's big rebound on the Hawks third goal.
- Luongo's weak glove hand exposed on Hawks first goal.
Canucks in 5.