The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Captain Bob

They've already clearly explained why. A photo of a dead Bin Laden would be used as propaganda and a recruiting tool for Islamic extremists. Releasing it will very likely result in the violent deaths of many more people.

One of them looks Kuwaiti to me. One looks like ObL son, the other two...one is slim-faced while the other is round?

Which race/location displays more round vs slim facial features?

Compliments to you being able to distinguish between them. Just glad they're gone. Wonder if they saw where they were going?

I'm surprised gunfire was heard. I'd figure SEAL's would've used silencers. What a mess!!!

Pakistan can deny all they want but its no win for them. Their intelligence services look completely incompetent if they were ignorant and if they did have knowledge then that would be much worse. My guess is that rogue elements of the ISI were involved.

Pakistan can deny all they want but its no win for them. Their intelligence services look completely incompetent if they were ignorant and if they did have knowledge then that would be much worse. My guess is that rogue elements of the ISI were involved.

First of all, I can't take the credit for my assertion that the other two may be Pakistani. The article attached to the photos states this. But the dress (the pajama style clothing) is rather prevelant in Pakistan and Afghanistan. I've always thought that Arabs had a more slender, graceful face, but I have no real reference for that. I could be right out of 'er on that one.

As far as 'silencers', and I don't mean to get too technical, (but, well, I'm gonna) they're called 'supressors'. They reduce the speed of the bullet to sub-sonic and quiet the gasses coming out of the barrel from the chamber. However, the result is a less accurate and softer-hitting bullet. Heck, maybe they did use them? I have no clue. But they came in by helocopter...something tells me that all inside were well aware of their presence prior to any shots being fired.

I believe that those 'pyjamas' are popular and prevalent garb all across the Middle East and Indian sub-continent. And the Arabs and Indian facial structure are of a Caucasoid nature for the most part, so they'll come in many shapes and sizes, that are very similar to Europeans. Skeletally, they're almost indistinguishable.

Other than that I agree with 95% of your posts' intention.tongue.gif

My somewhat educated impression is that the pj's are visible elsewhere, but they are particularly popular in Afghanistan/Pakisatn/India...that area. Not so much in Saudi, where they go more for the robe...again, this is my impression.

As far as the skeletal makeup, I agree. I am familiar with the 3 base types of human forms (caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid). Agree with you there.

First of all, I can't take the credit for my assertion that the other two may be Pakistani. The article attached to the photos states this. But the dress (the pajama style clothing) is rather prevelant in Pakistan and Afghanistan. I've always thought that Arabs had a more slender, graceful face, but I have no real reference for that. I could be right out of 'er on that one.

As far as 'silencers', and I don't mean to get too technical, (but, well, I'm gonna) they're called 'supressors'. They reduce the speed of the bullet to sub-sonic and quiet the gasses coming out of the barrel from the chamber. However, the result is a less accurate and softer-hitting bullet. Heck, maybe they did use them? I have no clue. But they came in by helocopter...something tells me that all inside were well aware of their presence prior to any shots being fired.

don't silencers only work for like 8 shots? I doubt they would bother with them if they expected to fire off many more rounds than that (which they would have, given the compound and they type of mission)

Archived