The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Captain Bob

Just heard that Obama said on 60 minutes that they won't reveal Osama's body, cause it's glorified, and because it may cause danger.

Question 1:

If Obama doesn't want pic's of Osama's supposedly dead body out in the world, then howcome the DEATH VIDEO of Sadam Husein was released? Heck, its worse than seeing a person's dead body cause we actually got to see how he died. And wasn't that dangerous too, and somewhat glorified?

Question 2:

Didn't Obama say that they were going to do a DNA test on Osama's dead body to make sure it was him, but then, someone said his body was 'buried at sea'. How could they get test results if they never had the body?

.....I don't know, but I don't believe this thing at all, unless if a picture or video of Osama's supposedly dead body is released by the USA. Until, its 100% fake.......they have no proven support/evidence that shows they did kill him and do have his body.

Just heard that Obama said on 60 minutes that they won't reveal Osama's body, cause it's glorified, and because it may cause danger.

Question 1:

If Obama doesn't want pic's of Osama's supposedly dead body out in the world, then howcome the DEATH VIDEO of Sadam Husein was released? Heck, its worse than seeing a person's dead body cause we actually got to see how he died. And wasn't that dangerous too, and somewhat glorified?

Question 2:

Didn't Obama say that they were going to do a DNA test on Osama's dead body to make sure it was him, but then, someone said his body was 'buried at sea'. How could they get test results if they never had the body?

.....I don't know, but I don't believe this thing at all, unless if a picture or video of Osama's supposedly dead body is released by the USA. Until, its 100% fake.......they have no proven support/evidence that shows they did kill him and do have his body.

<br />aaaaaaand nobody said anything why? Don't give me the line about Obama's approval rating, economy, etc. Bush's approval rating was lower, the economy was worse, etc. and he would have EASILY benefited more by announcing that OBL was killed under HIS watch rather then Obama's watch.<br />

aaaaaaand nobody said anything why? Don't give me the line about Obama's approval rating, economy, etc. Bush's approval rating was lower, the economy was worse, etc. and he would have EASILY benefited more by announcing that OBL was killed under HIS watch rather then Obama's watch.

and? You think he wouldn't just LOVE to prove that he's alive and well after Obama states that he's dead? Imagine the damage he could do to the US government with a video like that! It would do more damage to the government then any attack he's ever carried out or thought of (because it would prove beyond all doubt that the US government lied about his death.)

<br /><br /><br />

You forget Bush was not running for a 3rd term, which is not allowed in the US. Since he was not running for re-election, a rise in approval ratings would give him NO BENEFIT at all.

Obama IS running for re-eection in 2012 and the polls already show a massive increase in his popularity.

To address your points:

1) Since they're militarily engaged on 4 fronts in muslim countries. Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya. Common sense would dictate in this situation among many others, that the U.S. not rile up or inflame muslims any more than this targeted killing may have. Respecting muslim practices and beliefs may mean less U.S/Western military and civilian deaths when it comes to potential backlashes, as we've seen in the past.

2) Parading his body around would unite every muslim radical from here to Saudi Arabia in violence against the U.S. for desecrating his dead body, and would only cause more violence towards the U.S. and its allies, everywhere in the world. It's a stupid thing to do. Burial at sea is an accepted muslim burial practice. Burial at sea is better than land because then there's no shrine for his radical followers to pilgrimage to and use as a rallying point....again, a tactically smart thing to do.

3)Photos at this particular stage could and most likely would enrage his folloers even moreso, which would then put American military and civilian lives at risk. As POTUS, Obama's job is to mitigate that risk. Not showing OBL's gruesome photos, mitigates that risk to his people.

4)The compound, the location in the vids has been confirmed by every news agency that has sent people there to cover the story, as well, as locals, the U.S. gov't and the Pakistani gov't, albeit reluctantly. It's where it happened....for realz.

Your reasons for faking his death are not based in reality:

1) If Bin Laden was already dead and buried...then that news would have just as welcomed after DNA confirmation that it is really him.

2) Obama's poll numbers while down, have not dropped significantly to where he would have to go to these lengths to bring back up.....that would have been more needed for Bush who was hovering around the low to mid 30% favourable rating, as opposed to Obama's 40ish% approval rating. Nice try.

3) The public wants the troops home even moreso now than before because the public feels it's 'mission accomplished'...so that flies completely opposite to your rationale.

4) The economy is turning around....the unemployment % numbers are falling from its high of 10% to around 8-9%. Jobs are being created moreso than last year, the markets are enjoying quite the rebound....the economy while still slowly recovering...is recovering.

Again, contrary to your conspiratorial views.

5)NATO is in the lead in Libya...not the U.S....and in fact it's getting less play now than it did when the U.S. backed from command and control....so this point doesn't make any sense.

6)The markets were doing fine anyways....they didn't need this to help them that much....even if it did slightly. Thinking that Obama went to all these lengths just for the market just shows that your 'looney' is even stronger than Canada's.

Hope that helps.

Question 1:

Question 2:

I don't think the USA had much say in the Hussein video. If memory serves, it was taked by an Iraqi on a camera phone. The Iraqi's were mostly in charge of his execution, and it didn't take place in a chaotic/gory gunfight.

They had his body...it was dumped off a US ship. All you need for a DNA test is a swab from inside his mouth, or any small piece of him.

<br />I really don't like how they cheer for someones death and I don't usually like conpiracy theries but isn't this a convienent time for obama ( 2 years from election) to gain popularity and it's funny how no country wanted his body so they dumped it in water....<br />

Thank you for a decent rebuttal Sharpshooter. I appreciate your points but I will have to respectfully disagree with you.

The U,S's penchant for violence and fear mongering,installing puppet leaders, and outright lying have been proven

over and over again down through the sordid history that is the United States. They will do anything to protect America's

interests all over the world. By they, I mean the U.S govt and military. I like the folks across the border. Nice people,

just like us. Like us, they have a corrupt govt that started a huge ball rolling which, if it stops will spell disaster to the

U.S economy. Remember that there is approximately on twenty years of oil left. Who wants it the worst? Also has

any body thought about what will happen when Canadians, the U,S, Russia and a few other countries butt heads over

the North Pole, which has the last untapped viable source of crude oil? I see some major word events happening soon, and none of them look good. I'm sorry my Friend, but we will have to agree to disagree. Well met!:)

I don't think the USA had much say in the Hussein video. If memory serves, it was taked by an Iraqi on a camera phone. The Iraqi's were mostly in charge of his execution, and it didn't take place in a chaotic/gory gunfight.

They had his body...it was dumped off a US ship. All you need for a DNA test is a swab from inside his mouth, or any small piece of him.

Archived