The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Modern Warfare 3

Madness

You probably haven't hit the sweet spot.

I always thought the MW games offered some of the best online experience for a shooter...until today. I spent the afternoon playing some MW2 TDM and found it absolutely bland. The only thing that kept me playing was the thought that I would get a better K/D ratio in the next match. I did eventually but the feeling had not changed .Granted I haven't been playing MW2 as much as MW, but there is something missing from the game - INTENSITY.

Playing MW2 after playing BF3 makes me claustrophobic. The maps in MW2 make you feel like you're fighting a gang war rather than a real war. The huge, open space in BF3 (on PC anyway) and the destructible environment really make your whole experience INTENSE, especially if you are playing TDM.

I've had some of the greatest gaming moments playing BF3 TDM that just couldn't be found in MW2. For instance, I have many times pissed off the enemy so bad with my sniping skill that the entire enemy team came after me and got owned as I smartly maneuvered around in my sniping spot. I did die a lot as a result but I reclaimed my sniping spot right away from a cleverly hidden spawning beacon. The adrenalin rush I got from the angry mob as they were pinning me down just couldn't be replicated in MW2. And that's just from playing Team Deathmatch. I've got other intense BF3 moments too numerous to list here.

As for Skyrim...I've spent too way many hours in Oblivion that I can tell Skyrim hasn't been improved that much to warrant a day-one purchase for me. But, that's just me. I hope you enjoy it though.

I was playing BF3 at a buddies place, it was pretty cool, but I just didn't think it was as fluid and graphically intense as MW3. I will be going to the Best Buy in Langley tonight, if anyone is down for meeting up and smoking a j before the opening, I will be there with my Lamb of God hoodie on.

I was playing BF3 at a buddies place, it was pretty cool, but I just didn't think it was as fluid and graphically intense as MW3. I will be going to the Best Buy in Langley tonight, if anyone is down for meeting up and smoking a j before the opening, I will be there with my Lamb of God hoodie on.

Archived