Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Modern Warfare 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#31 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,509 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Ya it sucks that Zombies aren't Infinity Ward. Zombies would be way cooler with Modern Warfare.

Maybe they should make their own and just call it Undead or something. :lol:

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#32 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

This game better be more like MW2 than Black Ops, MW2 was the best game ever. I don't even care about the hacks and stuff, that game was never boring. Black Ops got boring the first week, however Zombies is always fun.

Are there Zombies in MW3?

I wouldn't go as far as to say "MW2 was the best game ever" but you're right about it not really ever getting boring. There was a lot of annoying stuff that came with it (like the early Models, the knifing, heartbeat, hacks, etc.) but it was still always enjoyable.

Posted Image

#33 Tenacious

Tenacious

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

MW2 had the POTENTIAL to be the best game ever. It was never really fixed as problems kept piling on. I have never played a game as much as MW2 (Bad Company 2 is probably tied). It sucks that BF3 and MW3 are coming out at almost the same time.

Posted Image

#34 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

I actually didn't mind the Noobtubers...

I mean, whenever there was a noobtuber in my game and almost had a nuke, i'd bring out my sprinting class with blast shield and hunt that mofo down and kill him. Always fun killing people before getting their nuke, and the knifing was always easy kills, you just gonna be quick, and the models were, meh. Models were rigged, but i had a hell of a time using them LOL.

Hacks were stupid, but i mean you can only get hacked if you're stupid. If you're in a hacked lobby, leave asap, don't even start the game, not that hard.

Posted Image

#35 ғʀᴇsϟᴘʀıɴcᴇ

ғʀᴇsϟᴘʀıɴcᴇ

Mel Gibson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

I didnt even get to use the models when they were super crazy :(. But mw2 was really fun even with all the glitches. Id always compalin and i would still play. If someone noobtoobed me id bring out my nootube class and own the other team. Only thing that would get me was the speed class but i guess it was a tradeoff if i was camping so i didnt compalin too much. i cant wait for this game, all i want is the ak47 and rpgs and im happy :)

Posted Image

#36 Moonwalker

Moonwalker

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

This game better be more like MW2 than Black Ops, MW2 was the best game ever. I don't even care about the hacks and stuff, that game was never boring. Black Ops got boring the first week, however Zombies is always fun.

Are there Zombies in MW3?

Best...game..ever?? Maybe if it wasn't broken.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

I like how it looks so far. Other than the hacks and problems I've always liked MW1 and MW2.

I'll add to the first post as more information is released.

Edited by Madness, 15 May 2011 - 10:20 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#38 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Best...game..ever?? Maybe if it wasn't broken.

Ok fine, maybe not best game ever, i got carried away. You can't tell me you got bored from this game, at any point you were playing it. It was a type of game that would never get boring, even after a year of playing it almost every day for at least an hour, the game never ever got boring for me.

Posted Image

#39 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

Mw2 was hectic. Black ops was more slow and tactical. In the end, I didn't really like the guns in Black Ops either. They felt even more the same than they did in MW2.

I didn't mind Black Ops. If you were on a good streak and owning it was great, but because of the slow pacing, it got so boring and frustrating if you were sucking or in a laggy lobby.

I liked the pace/level/tag thing in MW2. And the maps. Sure, there was some awful maps, but I remember all of them, I played Black Ops more recently and don't remember half of them because they don't stand out like at all.

MW2 sucked because of exploits. Some of the guns were way too good. Noob tubes were crazy, model's were crazy at first, most of the shotties in general were cheap. Grip = one shot before SMG can kill you in medium distance since it's one shot. If they make better maps in MW3, and make sure that there's no wtfstrong weapons or cheap kills, I'd love something more like MW2.

Also, I hope they have more co-op challenge stuff. Spec ops was amazing. Me and Kanucks25 played those for hours and had a blast.

Although I hope they make it harder to get killstreaks, especially with how powerful they are. Harriers and pavelows were so easy to get, and they got way too many kills for how easy it was.

#40 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

The thing I really liked about Mw2 was the addition of older favorite COD4 maps to the game.

Strike, Overgrown, Crash, etc. I loved these maps on COD4.

cookie.png

#41 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

i'd probably get it but unfortunately it comes out 7 days after uncharted 3, and i'll be playing that for a looong while.

#42 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Also, I hope they have more co-op challenge stuff. Spec ops was amazing. Me and Kanucks25 played those for hours and had a blast.

Although I hope they make it harder to get killstreaks, especially with how powerful they are. Harriers and pavelows were so easy to get, and they got way too many kills for how easy it was.

Yup, that was fun. Personally I much rather have Spec Ops than Zombies (which I don't understand the appeal of, but that's just me).

Posted Image

#43 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

Yup, that was fun. Personally I much rather have Spec Ops than Zombies (which I don't understand the appeal of, but that's just me).

Yep. Spec Ops was awesome. Zombies seems more like a novelty if anything. It looks like zombie mode got as much thought/consideration as the multiplayer and singleplayer gameplay. Maybe if they scrapped it Black Ops wouldn't have been as meh and unpolished seeming.

We should totally try to do another round of spec ops one day. Maybe we can get back into MW2 before 3 comes out.

#44 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yep. Spec Ops was awesome. Zombies seems more like a novelty if anything. It looks like zombie mode got as much thought/consideration as the multiplayer and singleplayer gameplay. Maybe if they scrapped it Black Ops wouldn't have been as meh and unpolished seeming.

We should totally try to do another round of spec ops one day. Maybe we can get back into MW2 before 3 comes out.

I'm playing MW2 already, but I don't wanna do the spec ops again. :P

When PSN was down I trophy hunted, got platinum for MW2.

Posted Image

#45 Moonwalker

Moonwalker

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

The thing I really liked about Mw2 was the addition of older favorite COD4 maps to the game.

Strike, Overgrown, Crash, etc. I loved these maps on COD4.

And you had to pay for those maps that you already owned. Activison will probably pull bs like that again.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 Aaron Rome's Elbow

Aaron Rome's Elbow

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

I really would prefer if there wasn't a new Call of Duty game every single year. That being said, I can't wait for MW3 and BF3, both look like they are going to be amazing. Upgrading my PC just to play BF3.

Really hate the AK-47 in MW2, I don't know why, it just looks really clunky to me. The Blackops one was pretty nice. Also hoping for Combat Training :P

Edited by Larry the Cable Guy, 18 May 2011 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image

Toews gave Kane 20 cents to do the interview for him.

#47 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

so i saw a commercial for it today and it said it comes out may 24...not november 8.

#48 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,456 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

so i saw a commercial for it today and it said it comes out may 24...not november 8.

Pipe dream commercial.Posted Image

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#49 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

Pipe dream commercial.Posted Image

so...the commercial was wrong?

#50 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,456 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

so...the commercial was wrong?

Pretty sure it would come out in November, like all the other COD's. Wiki says November 8th, 2011.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#51 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,509 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:53 AM

There was a commercial for it during the Canucks game. It didn't say the game was out May 24, it said there was a premiere or something for it. I forget the exact words. Something along the lines of a gameplay trailer.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#52 StealthCanuck.

StealthCanuck.

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:05 AM

I actually like zombies, I hope they have it for this one. It's only fun when you have a group of buddies playing, communicating and working together.

The one thing I hope they get rid of is the commando crap, hated it. Also noob tubes need to be nerfed, so that way less people use them because it gets really annoying. I'm a huge FPS fan and MW2 was the only cod game that I actually prestiged all the way... definately looking forward to see what they're gonna change.

As of right now I'm actually not sure which of the three to get: cod MW3, battlefield 3, or uncharted 3... :S Being a cod fanboy i'll probably get MW3, and I might pick up battlefield 3 as well.
Posted Image

#53 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

World premier is May 24th or whenever. The game is released November 8th.

cookie.png

#54 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Can't wait for that world premier on the 24th.

Posted Image

#55 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

There was a commercial for it during the Canucks game. It didn't say the game was out May 24, it said there was a premiere or something for it. I forget the exact words. Something along the lines of a gameplay trailer.

oohh. hahaha, my friend is gonna be mighty disappointed then. he freaked out when he saw the may 24th thing.

I actually like zombies, I hope they have it for this one. It's only fun when you have a group of buddies playing, communicating and working together.

The one thing I hope they get rid of is the commando crap, hated it. Also noob tubes need to be nerfed, so that way less people use them because it gets really annoying. I'm a huge FPS fan and MW2 was the only cod game that I actually prestiged all the way... definately looking forward to see what they're gonna change.

As of right now I'm actually not sure which of the three to get: cod MW3, battlefield 3, or uncharted 3... :S Being a cod fanboy i'll probably get MW3, and I might pick up battlefield 3 as well.

uncharted 3 all the way.

Edited by edler rocks, 19 May 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#56 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread.

Edited by kanucks25, 19 May 2011 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Zach Parise

Zach Parise

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

What channel and what time is the world Premier ?

and battlefield 3 is looking like a good game to buy

#58 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

What channel and what time is the world Premier ?

and battlefield 3 is looking like a good game to buy

During an intermission or commercial during the Canucks game.

Posted Image

#59 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

There MUST be an ACR or the game is not worth it...its my favourite gun..of all time..in any shooter.

Also some creative killstreaks would be nice.. B-ops killsteaks are terrible and the levels are terrible.

come to think of it... the guns are terrible in B ops too..like 10 SMG's and they were pitiful.

Com'on make me proud IW

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#60 Captain Vietnam

Captain Vietnam

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Has anyone heard if there is going to be destructible environment? Can't stand those campers and would love to blowup the wall behind them for an easy kill.

This is where Battlefield 3 has a clear advantage over MW 3 IMO.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.