The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

So nice to hear from a fan with class. For what it is worth, I think your Preds gave our Canucks one hell of a run, and another wake up call. Preds have nothing to be sad about; they played their hearts and bodies out and fully deserved to be in the second round. If you can find a top line forward, I expect you will go much further in future seasons. The Canucks and us fans thank you for your kind words and hope you can continue to help cheer our team on to its first ever championship (that we SO crave!). 40 years of nadda is getting old!

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention).

in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know.

but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1).

you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill.

anyway, best of luck from a former opponent.

Another classy Preds fan! Wow you guys are awesome :)

Getting to interact with such cool fans in Nashville via the forums has, so far, been a huge highlight for me during these playoffs. You have taken us by surprise with how classy and also how passionate you all are about your team. The Preds have a bright future ahead and I'm sure our two teams will be meeting again down the road.

Thanks for the support!

i do have another sentimental connection to vancouver. my son is a MMA fighter that was on that Ultimate Fighter show a few years ago. he had several televised UFC fights and a group of vancouver guys sort of became his 'fan' club, traveling to see all his fights. always appreciated that.

Glad to have you on board! Sure hope that Hawk and Flames fans take notes from you guys, you are some of the best fans around. Sorry it had to be us that took you guys out but I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get revenge on us at some point in the near future.

Classy Pred's fans! This is exactly the reason I couldn't build up that "hate you" feeling during the 2nd round match-up with Predators. Berry Trotz is also a classy coach. His post game comments were genuine and made me like the Preds even more.

On the other hand, I live in this prestigious Bay Area where I am surrounded by the Sharks fans. And the ONLY thing I heard after game 1 was: Canucks diving, ref sucks, you guys embellishing so on and so forth. I just chuckle and offer one word to them -- "LOSER". If they keep running around like dogs chasing cars on freeway, I am afraid it's going to be a *short* series, much like the one last year when they went down against the Blackhawks. And I agree with the OP, Nashville's defense is *much* stronger (if not night and day stronger) than the Sharks' and we will have plenty scoring chances with all of our 4 lines (yes, all of our four lines) plus our D-men against their beaten up D.

Let's go Canucks! It's time to show what we really are to those Sharks!

Archived