The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

<br />home town boy, danny hamhuis, says that the fans in nashville were special....i can see why he said that.....if you guys can pick up a couple of scorers, you'll be hard to beat...good luck lad.<br />

Frack, stop it. :(

You Nashville fans are too great and if Canucks were out, I'm pretty sure I would be rooting for you guys as well.

I remember watching Game 6 between our teams and seeing your crowd stand up and cheering while your team came out on the ice to acknowledge you guys. It was actually a really heart-warming moment that you guys were all still in your seats cheering despite the fact being eliminated. I'd guarantee you if that happened in Rogers Arena, half the building would be empty and maybe we'd hear a little bit of cheering but after I can imagine everyone wanting Luongo's, AV's, Sedin's heads off..

Welcome to the Canucks fan base, we need more people like you cheering for our team.

Thank you. You're making it really hard to get a rivalry going when the fans and posters have fairly mutual respect for the play of both teams.

But then again, I'm a fan of sportsmanship and athleticism and have no problem cheering for good plays and hard working players on different teams.

It's a virtue I want my kids to learn too. That said, I bleed Blue and Green and will always cheer Vancouver. But I agree with the OP's assessment, and Nashville, you would beat the Sharks too.

Thanks Mr. Primm! Glad to have such a classy guy on board. There is no one to hate on your team, and Trotz deserves coach of the decade. I suggest you post on a Nashville board that your team needs some speed and more offense to go along with their tight D and world class goalie. How about trading for Shirokov?

The Preds are now my second favourite team.

Sorry I was so focused on giving you are + I gave you are - instead. :( So whatever +/- you got just +2 to in. Anyways Nashville fans are by far some of the classiest fans I have met. Thanks for your support. :towel:

Even the Nashville team is very classy and clean. I hasn't seen any attempts to injure our players during this series. GG to everyone!

Okay, I like you now that you are not a threat to our run anymore. Thank you for your kind words.

This only lasts until we play each other again in the playoffs next year. And since it will be the Conference Finals, you'll understand why I will hate you again.

But for now - it's all Good!!!

really appreciate the warm welcome and kind words..

glad you guys got to see the atmosphere in nashville. it's actually been like that for the last several years, but unfortunately we've never gotten to play a Canadian team in the playoffs before so many up your way have never been able to see what it was like thanks to the awful tv scheduling..

for those that 'hate' the defensive style of hockey nashville plays against you guys, i completely understand, but you're not getting to see the entire picture of predator hockey. trotz knows the only way for us to have a chance against a team like the canucks is to play things very close to the vest and shorten the game, hoping that the more skilled teams like vancouver will make mistakes trying to force things. we have to play that way against the canucks and wings of the west, but against other teams we can open things up a little more. note that we actually scored goals against the ducks in the series prior, lol. i know this is hard to believe, but take the last 20 games of the season, and we actually scored quite a few more goals than the canucks did their last 20 games.

but of course i agree, to move from a good team to a great team, the preds have to add some top line offensive talent. tough for a team on a very tight budget to do. i know the way poile has built the team, from the net out, is the hockey smart way though. budget troubles cost us hamhuis, would have been the ideal 3rd dman on our team, but poile simply couldn't afford his 3 mil+ and re-sign both suter and weber. i've been to many arenas over the years, and nashville has one of the best atmospheres you'll ever see. the reason is simple. it's like older franchises used to be before they went 'corporate'. once tickets get so high, teams at some point sell primarily to corporate suits. who typically care or even know much about hockey honestly. while most teams are roughly 70/30 corporate to hard core fan, nashville is still at about 30/70. makes for an atmosphere like it 'used to be' in most places. if you get a chance you should come to a game here someday.

won't take up any more of your time, because i know you guys are focused on looking ahead, as you should be. you guys easily have the best, deepest team left among these four. you should win this thing. i'll certainly be pulling for you as will many nashville people i'm sure. the last two times before you guys, we've been put out by the eventual stanley cup champs, so we should know what it takes,lol. and your team has 'it', they just have to want it enough and get a little puck luck. now go out and represent the west.

best of luck to a group of dedicated fans, maybe we see you guys again next year in the finals.

Archived