The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

I posted this in the PGT as well but:

Have the fans in Nashville always been that vocal?!

I don't recall Luongo being taunted like that ever before. Sounds like the fans are really getting in on the rivalry between the two teams. It sounded like it was a great atmosphere in that game yesterday!

And as a sidebar, can we please trade for Mike Fisher. He's the newest Canuck killer :(

I'm sure there's a market here for country music stars no?

:(

I posted this in the PGT as well but:

Have the fans in Nashville always been that vocal?!

I don't recall Luongo being taunted like that ever before. Sounds like the fans are really getting in on the rivalry between the two teams. It sounded like it was a great atmosphere in that game

I am more concerned at the prospect of playing Nashville now that you guys have acquired Hal Gill then if you would've added a bonified 1st line forward.

Preds now have a legitimate way to shut down the top two lines of any team with their D and steady goaltending.

It shouldn't be understated that the requirements in order to have a penalty called, go way up in the playoffs. So a guy like Hal Gill can lay and drag people down with his huge frame and long stick.

Detroit and St Louis are the only other teams that I think have a good chance to beat the Canucks in a 7 game series.

This is exactly what Poole is trying to do without a doubt. The problem being every team still thinks they're in the race, lol. We have two pretty good pieces to offer for a good forward. A good young puck mover in John Blum and a 23 year old goalie with real potential in lindbach, both sort of redundant because of what we already have. I'm afraid we'll have to overpay in this environment for some rental like hemsky (which is one rumor).

Have confidnce in our management though.

Oh and let me correct myself we're actually only 3-1 against CHI and 4-0 against STL.

Always glad to talk real hockey with true, knowledgeable fans.

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention).

in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know.

but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1).

you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill.

anyway, best of luck from a former opponent.

This is exactly what Poole is trying to do without a doubt. The problem being every team still thinks they're in the race, lol. We have two pretty good pieces to offer for a good forward. A good young puck mover in John Blum and a 23 year old goalie with real potential in lindbach, both sort of redundant because of what we already have. I'm afraid we'll have to overpay in this environment for some rental like hemsky (which is one rumor).

Have confidnce in our management though.

Oh and let me correct myself we're actually only 3-1 against CHI and 4-0 against STL.

Always glad to talk real hockey with true, knowledgeable fans.

Sutter suppossedly pressuring Poole to get an impact player in order to resign? They say he wants to test the free agent market. Nashville needs him for the playoff run but is the risk keeping him and getting nothing in return for him in the offseason worth it? Canucks keep a star defence in the past Jovonaski and lost him to free agency after the season for nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Well. Here we both are again. As I knew we would both be. Looks like we're predestined to play the wings in round one. Who do you guys think you'll catch round one out of the smozzle around 7-8? Really it's more of a question of which do you want/don't want I guess.

Best of luck. Maybe we see each other round two again.

Too many teams in the 7/8 mix to make anything but a guess, predguy, I personally am hoping for the Sharks...

FWIW, I think you guys have a good shot at knocking off the Wings. Better goaltending, and if what we hear is true, you're about to add that offensive player without having to trade anything for him.

Better tell Trotz to watch out for high-sticking though....

Archived