The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

Well. Here we both are again. As I knew we would both be. Looks like we're predestined to play the wings in round one. Who do you guys think you'll catch round one out of the smozzle around 7-8? Really it's more of a question of which do you want/don't want I guess.

Best of luck. Maybe we see each other round two again.

Well you guys gave us a run for our money last year. Both of our beloved teams played an all out hard fought series last year. I've got to say, I never could hate any of the players on your team (well, except Smithson and his playoff beard)last year.

Weber, Suter, Tootoo, Spaling, Rinne, and now Gaustad? So many of my favorites on your team.

Good luck

Every organisation has classy and unclassy fans, and its almost impossible to say who has more unclassy fans than classy fans so lets just leave it alone.

From a Canuck fan to a Predator fan - you guys are probably the Cup favourites right now, up there with Pittsburgh, so hopefully we don't have to go through you guys because I honestly don't think we'd come out on top. You have better depth up front, better defensive stars and a better goalie right now.

I certainly wouldn't call us the favorites, you guys STL and Detroit are all in a mix as favorites as far as I'm concerned and any road to the finals has to go straight thru VAN. Just going to be who stays healthy and who gets hot at the right time. Are we better than last year? We certainly are, especially offensively. If we can get these guys fully integrated into the system defensively we should be a tough out.

As far as tootoo, he's odd man out right now. We have two kids outplaying him in all aspects (bourque, halischuk). After having his best year, he's really struggling to find an spot after these new guys.

Fully healthy, our lineup would be;

S. kostitsyn-fisher-erat

Radulov-legwand-hornqvist

Wilson-gaustad-a.kostitsyn

Bourque-spaling-halischuk

Suter-weber

Josi-Gill

Klein-Bouillon

With smith, yip, tootoo, Hillen, Ellis the scratches.

Welcome back pred303guy!

It was a refreshing series last year's playoffs vs. the Preds, having a wonderful fanbase to banter with. As opposed to the biased drivel from most fans, including many of our own. From Nashville's perspective, why have the Canucks become villified in the league?

- How do you feel about your date with Detroit? I think if you can take care of business there, the next opponent should very much fear and respect the Predators.

- As a former Winnipegger who rallied in vain to save the Jets, I haved mixed (but overall very positive) feelings about Jets 2.0. I saw clips of the "Thrash the Jets" jersey protest... obviously Atlanta doesn't feel the same. I wonder what the climate is there regarding the Jets/Thrashers move, and realignment politics?

Yeah, it's a three-parter. Thanks for representing with class, mate!

Nashville scares me out of the west, they're a deep, well-built team, that has defensive studs, an ace goalie, and now is receiving some epic scoring help.

There's a chance the Canucks play the preds in the WCF, gotta get through Detroit though in the first round from the looks of things :S

Welcome back pred303guy!

It was a refreshing series last year's playoffs vs. the Preds, having a wonderful fanbase to banter with. As opposed to the biased drivel from most fans, including many of our own. From Nashville's perspective, why have the Canucks become villified in the league?

- How do you feel about your date with Detroit? I think if you can take care of business there, the next opponent should very much fear and respect the Predators.

- As a former Winnipegger who rallied in vain to save the Jets, I haved mixed (but overall very positive) feelings about Jets 2.0. I saw clips of the "Thrash the Jets" jersey protest... obviously Atlanta doesn't feel the same. I wonder what the climate is there regarding the Jets/Thrashers move, and realignment politics?

Yeah, it's a three-parter. Thanks for representing with class, mate!

i think that's actually the prime conisderation here. suter has made it know publicly and privately that he wants to see the team improved. the way it has come across is that if it's done he'll re-sign. than on the tail of that weber has hinted he'd re-sign if he saw the team trying to improve itself and also hinted that if suter stays. so tons of pressure on poile to make an offensive acquisition. everyone realizes what a risk it all is, you might go out and do that and trade away some of the young guys you would need and then suter leaves anyway. and then lose weber the next year possibly because of that.

If poile didn't feel we were close to being able to truly compete or if we were sitting in 10th right now, it'd be a no brainer situation, you'd trade suter now and get a boatload in return.. but of course it's not. we're the youngest overall team in the league and young guys are improving dramatically and will be top notch players in this league soon (wilson,smith,ellis,halischuk,josi to name 5, plus the forlorn hope radulov actually returns to the NHL) and obviously only an offensive piece or two from being a true top tier team right now, much less when wilson and smith grow into 25-30 goal scorers or if radulov comes back. We all know all it takes is for us to re-sign these two guys and we're going to be a force. But.

So poile is really in a tough spot. A high risk spot. It's why we'll almost surely hear some deal for some forward soon. at almost whatever the cost.

Nothing but respect for the Preds and their fans; Great team, great pieces with ALOT of pieces I WISH the Canucks had. Nothing but the best of luck to you and the Preds; I hope to see you guys in the western finals; though I think its going to be one helluva battle between VAN, STL & NSH this year.

• 2 weeks later...

another congrats to you Canucks on your second straight President's Trophy. A great team accomplishment, that won't get the credit it deserves from around the league (because it happened on the last day, and because we're in the West). In these days of so much parity, it's quite the feat to do this back-to-back.

Well, now the real fun begins for both of us. Best of luck, hope we see you guys in the finals this time. We (the Preds) have a mighty tough road to get there though.

Really? I don't agree. Granted, getting Radulov gives them a scoring dynamic they were lacking... but I don't see them as a favorite to win the cup at all - though they will certainly be no pushover.

Archived