The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention).

in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know.

but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1).

you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill.

anyway, best of luck from a former opponent.

Keep your head up and be proud. Predators took the Canucks to six games and each one was a battle.

Nashville is definately a team on the rise and alot of other clubs are going to have to start being more vigilant when they play you guys in the future. I think once the Predators have a gamebreaking centre or winger in your stable it will be off to the races and passing the second round will be but a step in what you will want to accomplish in coming years.

Best of luck in the off-season and don't let Weber go for anything (although i'd love to see him in a Canucks uni :P ).

It was so touching when preds fan cheer so loud (sounds like you actually win the series) for their team after they lost in game 6. You guys are great fans.

I personally don't like the defensive style preds play. But this series was so tight and was really nerve-intensive games. Great series and much more fun to play classy team & fan. Hope we will meet deep in playoff next season. :)

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention).

in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know.

but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1).

you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill.

<br />Its guys like you that made the Predators series a bore because you guys are TOO DAMN NICE!! It was difficult to really get into it against the Preds, because its really hard to hate on guys like Weber, Suter, Ward (maybe Tootoo), not to mention Barry Trotz is just absolute class all around, just a solid team that plays a respectable way without the usual clowns we see from the Hawks like Bolland, Scott and those other maggots<br />

The predators will be the reason we win the cup. We struggled past their goaltender and defence and 3 grinding lines and somehow put the puck in the net. This is not the problem with San Jose / Tampa Bay so i think we will do just fine and i have Nashville to thank

I'll add my love to the Nashville fans, and thanks for the well wishes :) There are plenty of Canuck fans so there is a vocal minority that tend to give us a bad name but I'm glad to see the better class of fans showed up on your territory.

I am going to guess Nashville will find themselves with a cup before they are 40 years old so I refuse to feel bad about the Canucks eliminating the Preds no matter how classy their fans are :D

Its really just a handful of canucks fans that make us look bad.

After Vancouver won game 6 against Nashville, and Nashville fans applauded and cheered their team I was surprised how awesome they were.

That series gave me a real appreciation and I was honestly oblivious to how classy and passionate Nashville fans are! Always nice to see a hard working team do well!

Archived