The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like the potential of Ville Pokka contains...

sounds like another version of Sami Salo but without the injury proness.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45222

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/ville-pokka/17149/

I dont see him going in the first round but definetly will be taken in the second round...hope the Canucks can move up to get him. He also had a fairly good WJC and was solid when i watched him.

Not sure why any of you are disagreeing with these rankings besides Kassian, Jensen and Shroeder which one of our current prospect have a top 6 forward potiential? Our defensive prospects pool is even weaker. Look at Anahiem Ducks's drafting history in the past 6 or so year and see how they are able to find gems in the 2nd round and late first and look at us. We suck at scouting and Ron Delrome needs to fired ASAP.

This is a big draft for Gillis. Four drafts and the only sure fire NHLers he's drafted appear to be Hodgson and Jensen. Not very good, especially coming from a guy who complained that there were "no impact players" in the Canucks system when he arrived and vowed to revamp scouting and player development.

A colossal disappointment.

K-Con could use another season in Chicago alongside Nolan Baumgartner to fine tune his attributes...i wouldn't be surprised to see him as the first call up if injuries would occur.

Give Gragnani sometime, still very new and learning the system in Vancouver and is still realitively young, still has room to make changes and improvement.

But potential wise K-Conn has a bigger window than Gragnani.

Schroeder will get the chance to play while Kesler's out, unless he gets injured or really stinks in training camp. I think AV was impressed with his improvement in defensive side of the game last training camp as well. I think Schroeder will make the team, but his production in the first handful of games will decide how long he stays.

Jensen was one of the last cuts last year and he would likely be one of the last cuts again. I think a season of AHL will do him a lot more good than rushing him to the NHL. Maybe even half a season before a call up.

Rodin is also another year or two away if he succeeds in adapting to NA hockey and develops more physically.

Connauton I hear is also about a year away because of his defensive game. Connauton has more upside than any of the Wolves Defensemen so it may be a good idea to develop him more to round out his game.

Sauve might be a dark horse to be a replacement for Rome/Albert's job next season. Depends what happens with the Canucks depth Dmen mostly.

Duco, Pinizzotto, Volpatti, Ebbett and Bitz will fight it out for a contract/spot on the roster as well. Depends if Malhotra and/or Raymond is traded/signed or not too. If Raymond isn't qualified or if we decide to trade his rights, then look for Sweatt to make a strong push for the job as well.

Eddie Lack has a good chance to make the team as a back-up, but won't be surprised if he doesn't either. If Schneider is traded (probably not), then yes, definitely. If Luongo's traded, then MG might want to go with a veteran backup, and keep Lack in Chicago and have him develop a little more. But Lack really has dominated AHL for two seasons.

Schroeder will get the chance to play while Kesler's out, unless he gets injured or really stinks in training camp. I think AV was impressed with his improvement in defensive side of the game last training camp as well. I think Schroeder will make the team, but his production in the first handful of games will decide how long he stays.

Jensen was one of the last cuts last year and he would likely be one of the last cuts again. I think a season of AHL will do him a lot more good than rushing him to the NHL. Maybe even half a season before a call up.

Rodin is also another year or two away if he succeeds in adapting to NA hockey and develops more physically.

Connauton I hear is also about a year away because of his defensive game. Connauton has more upside than any of the Wolves Defensemen so it may be a good idea to develop him more to round out his game.

Sauve might be a dark horse to be a replacement for Rome/Albert's job next season. Depends what happens with the Canucks depth Dmen mostly.

Duco, Pinizzotto, Volpatti, Ebbett and Bitz will fight it out for a contract/spot on the roster as well. Depends if Malhotra and/or Raymond is traded/signed or not too. If Raymond isn't qualified or if we decide to trade his rights, then look for Sweatt to make a strong push for the job as well.

Eddie Lack has a good chance to make the team as a back-up, but won't be surprised if he doesn't either. If Schneider is traded (probably not), then yes, definitely. If Luongo's traded, then MG might want to go with a veteran backup, and keep Lack in Chicago and have him develop a little more. But Lack really has dominated AHL for two seasons.

What I have seen of MAG is a lack of defensive awareness. He loses position a lot. He is focussed on his strong suit, which is natural, being offence. In that effort he often takes big risks with passes coming out of the zone or in the neutral zone. Turns the puck a lot as a result. Ballard, while much older, does not take anywhere near the risks. Playing on the left side MAG will have to beat out a number of options to get any ice, Ballard being #1 on the list. That said I am sure Ballard will be moved if at all possible. MG simply cannot carry his salary on a 3rd pairing.

Very odd, last night I dreamt that the Canucks selected Daniil Zharkov, even though all that I've heard about him is his name. I can't remember what pick we got him at but it seems he's ranked 33rd amongst NA skaters and has high risk/high reward but is big and fast with skill like Gillis wants so I really dont know what to make of this.

Anyways, I want us to go hard after Bystrom, as usual.

Samuelsson, Koekkoek, Lindholm, Gaunce, Collberg, Faska, Bystrom, Girgensons, Hertl, Sissons, Di Giusppe, Zharkov, and Nieves are all players I am interested in. Some may be ranked a little to high for us at the 26 spot.

Archived