The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing is not just Hockey Futures thinks this way. Every source I turn to, and that's over 5 thinks this way. People that are scouts, that get paid to evaluate. we can be biassed as fans and cheer fr players to succeed, that's a tainted view.

The top line is 31 going on 32. At the rate our high 20's picks are going with 2-3 year development schedules, there is going to be a gap between the drop off of the top line and the next top liners. scroder will be a #2 center, Labate a #3, in my opinion.

We have a couple of guys that will be impact players in the minors and then alot of depth guys. Left wing needs to be addressed, and center, and 1 more guy to be a top pairing D-man.

This seemed like a temporary arrangement from day 1.

I would love to see the Canucks farm team in Abbotsford, and the Flames find a new AHL squad.

The brutal attendance at Heat games last year could help move this process along.

I can't see the Wolves going without an NHL affiliate though. It would be hard to compete without NHL prospects on their roster. So unless another team wants to swap affiliates (hopefully Abbotsford) I just don't see anything changing yet.

makes sense for everyone involved. especially if the owner of the wolves gets an NHL franchise in Seattle, like he wants.

the heat have a 10 year agreement with the flames, with 7 more years to play. it's not impossible to dissolve the contract, but it may be pricey.

Well Tampa just moved their farm team because they didn't like how much travel their prospects were involved in. We know the Canucks are highly concerned with travel as well. Abbotsford would seem to be the worst place to have your affiliate. The one benefit would be the Canucks brass getting to watch their farm team fairly often, not sure if that would really help development or if it would just be a luxury for AV and the like.

It would be a smart move financially and for the fans, but possibly the worst option for our prospect's.

Well Tampa just moved their farm team because they didn't like how much travel their prospects were involved in. We know the Canucks are highly concerned with travel as well. Abbotsford would seem to be the worst place to have your affiliate. The one benefit would be the Canucks brass getting to watch their farm team fairly often, not sure if that would really help development or if it would just be a luxury for AV and the like.

It would be a smart move financially and for the fans, but possibly the worst option for our prospect's.

I get that to an extent, but at the same time the entire purpose for your farm team is to prepare your prospects for eventually playing on your NHL team. Why not prepare them for the brutal Canucks travel schedule as well? It would only help their adjustment in theory.

Abbotsford, as much as fans would like it to be there, would be a poor choice. All that travel means less practice time on the ice for our prospects meaning less time to develop their skills. They can get used to the brutal travel schedule of the Canucks when they're good enough to actually become Canucks. Till then, it would only be an extra burden.

keep dreaming about a "swap" with calgary for farm teams to get the baby nucks in abbotsford. im pretty sure next season is only year 3/4 out of the 10 year agreement they signed. at 5 years their's some wiggle room but not alot cause both sides have to agree to any changes. The deal the city signed with the flames guarantee's that they can't loose a cent. Their guaranteed a top up from the city coffers unless they break even. $3 million and counting later, the flames brass laughed at the idea when media asked them last year.Wish my business could be topped up from city coffers if I wasn't gonna break even.Abby resident huge hockey fan but can't send anymore of my hard earned money to the flames then I already do.

Archived