The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

OFFICIAL RELEASE: Wolves Sign Alexandre Grenier:

GRENIER skated in 25 games with Salzburg EC of the Austrian League during his professional debut this season, posting 5 goals, 13 points, and 21 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning pro, the 21-year-old forward played two seasons in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts and the Halifax Mooseheads. Last season, he ranked second on Halifax with 39 assists and 64 points in 64 games. He also ranked third on the Mooseheads with 25 goals.

The Laval, Quebec, native spent the 2010-11 campaign with Quebec and recorded 15 assists and 24 points in 31 contests. Overall, he registered 34 goals, 54 assists, and 88 points in 95 career QMJHL tilts from 2010-12.

In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://chicagowolves.com/news/releases/item/3429-wolves-sign-alexandre-grenier

Wolves have recalled Polasek and signed Eric Kattelus (a forward also from Kalamazoo). Grenier gets sent down to the K-wings, maybe conditioning and evaluation first?

Chicago Makes Roster Moves

The Chicago Wolves have signed forward Eric Kattelus and defenseman Adam Polasek has been reassigned from the ECHL’s Kalamazoo Wings to the Wolves. In addition, Chicago has assigned right wing Alexandre Grenier to the K-Wings.

KATTELUS shares first on Kalamazoo with 13 goals and leads the team with 32 points in 34 games this season during his third professional campaign. His 32 points this season already has matched his point output in 68 contests with the K-Wings last year.

Overall, the 25-year-old forward has amassed 24 goals, 47 assists, and 71 points in 127 ECHL tilts with Kalamazoo and the Cincinnati Cyclones from 2010-present.

POLASEK has registered 4 goals, 8 points, and 37 penalty minutes in 34 games with the K-Wings this year during his second professional season.

The 21-year-old defenseman collected 9 points (G, 8A) and a +8 plus/minus rating in 46 games with the Wolves as a rookie during the 2011-12 campaign.

GRENIER, who was signed by Chicago on Jan. 5, skated in 25 games with Salzburg EC of the Austrian League during his professional debut this season, posting 5 goals, 13 points, and 21 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning pro, the 21-year-old forward played two seasons in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts and the Halifax Mooseheads. Last season, he ranked second on Halifax with 39 assists and 64 points in 64 games. He also ranked third on the Mooseheads with 25 goals.

The Wolves travel to British Columbia for two games against the Abbotsford Heat beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11. For more information or to buy tickets to Wolves home games, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.

Bad and good for me... Glad the NHL is back but I'm going to the Wolves game tomorrow and not sure who's going to still be down there that's interesting to watch now... LOL

On a side note, I guess I get to see Lack play for the first time...

Bad and good for me... Glad the NHL is back but I'm going to the Wolves game tomorrow and not sure who's going to still be down there that's interesting to watch now... LOL

On a side note, I guess I get to see Lack play for the first time...

Some recalls for at least the Wednesday game while a number of players are up with the Canucks:

theshaves The Wolves have recalled reinforcements Forwards Alex Mallet & Alexandre Grenier along w/ Dman John Negrin from Kzoo ECHL join the team.

the Wolves also recall Goalie Mathieu Corbeil from Missouri of the CHL. He attended Wolves camp & was originally a Blue Jackets draft pick

The Chicago Wolves have reassigned right wing Alexandre Grenier and defenseman John Negrin to the ECHL’s Kalamazoo Wings and goaltender Mathieu Corbeil to the Central Hockey League’s Missouri Mavericks. In addition, the Vancouver Canucks have reassigned centerAlex Mallet from the Wolves to Kalamazoo. Forward Trent Daavettila was released from his Professional Tryout Contract (PTO).

Archived