The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't make a GDT but figured I'm sum up today's game against the Rockford IceHogs here. The Wolves defeated the IceHogs 3-2. Cannata finally got the nod in net and had an excellent game, stopping 36 of 38 shots for the win. Mike Davies scored 2 goals and Connauton scored the other, which ended up being the game winner. Cannata was the 1st star, Davies was the 2nd star, Connauton was the 3rd star.

Jensen picked up 2 PIMS and had 1 shot on net.

now that friesen has been sent down i have to say i really hope there is a move in the near future for the canucks affiliate. Next season could be great with all the AHL aged and ready prospects in the system if a new city was found. Could be a fun season in that regard now, but there just doesnt seem to be any desire to play canucks prospects.

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere already. Got this from HFBoards:

@TheSportMarket

Still lots of moving parts b4 March 23rd timeline but watch for Calgary Flames to take on Utica for their AHL affiliation while...(Cont'd)

@TheSportMarket

(Part 2)...St. Louis Blues to affiliate with Chicago Wolves and @VanCanucks to buy Peoria to move to Abbotsford. #ahlcarousel @TEAM1040

Looks like us fans might get our wish. Not only would the Canucks have a new farm team that's close by, but it would be their own. This is NOT CONFIRMED, but obviously somebody has some kind of a scoop.

Archived