The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmm...

I got nothing then, maybe the rules I listed dont apply because of Tommernes age

Edit: i found the article you were refering to... I guess due to his age the rules that Bob said dont apply

If you are talking about the Wolves logo, then no it doesn't need to be changed.

It was once rated (and still is most likely) the most favorable logo in the AHL.

Wolves are a well known jersey and I believe they sell in the top tier of the most jersey merchandise ever year.

Is this the Tim Gruber covering the Wolves on The Instigator?

Welcome to CDC, and all other Wolves fans too! I guess a lot of Atlanta fans never really took much time to found out more about how things were going with the Wolves?

That list has grown to 4 players (with Wolves contracts). In addition to Darren Haydar and Mark Matheson (who I'm assuming were the two players you were alluding to), the Wolves have signed centreman Kevin Doell (see: http://www.chicagowo...ring-back-doell) and appear to have also recently signed Tim Miller (see: http://www.chicagono...miller-returns/).

Doell is returning to Chicago (last played with Wolves in 2009-10) after playing in Finland (Tapara Tampere--SM-Liiga) in 2010-11 and Miller impressed during the latter part of last season (33 GP, 11 G, 9 A) after joining the team on a PTO in February 2011.

In the limited sources I've read (including those linked), some Wolves followers have suggested that Doell and Miller might play well together, especially on the PK.

EDIT: errors corrected

it won't be up until after the preseason.

The Expected lineup would be something like this:

Bill Sweatt		Jordan Schroeder	Anton Rodin

Steven Anthony		Kevin Doell		Tim Miller

Darren Archibald	Prab Rai		Stefan Schneider

Aaron Volpatti		Mike Duco		Darren Haydar

Nolan Baumgartner	Kevin Connauton

Ryan Parent		Adam Polasek

Yann Sauve		Chris Tanev

Mark Matheson

Eddie Lack

Matt Climie

Last year the Moose looked like they were going to be a deep club with scoring on 3 different lines, but then that scoring depth gradually dissipated as the season wore on, due to a variety of reasons. I hope the Wolves don't suffer the same thing, as the Moose were hurting for goals towards the end, until Jaffray joined the team and other guys came back from injury.

thanks for this...you forgot defender alexander sulzer though

he had 96 points and +22 in 145 games for the admirals in the ahl

if he dont make the canucks roster he will be set on the 1. or 2. pairing for the wolves i guess

the d-pairings were just me listing players, not really suggested pairings or rankings :P

Tanev-Sauve is just a foolish pairing, as they are both shutdown guys, and you should pair one rusher with one shut down guy.

I wasn't a fan of Connauton being paired with Baumgartner at the beginning of last season, but that was when Baumer was unmotivated and was pretty much pissed off at getting cut (not knowing his role of the aging vet that was supposed to show our young guys how to do it). i might feel more comfortable with him paired with Kevin this season, but I'd rather Kevin be paired with Tanev (if he doesn't make the nucks) or Sauve. let him get some chemistry with a potential partnet on the canucks in the future, not someone who he will be leaving in the minors in a year or 2 with no hope of being reunited.

taking tanev out, I'd make the pairings more like:

Nolan Baumgartner       Ryan Parent

Kevin Connauton         Yann Sauve

Adam Polasek            Sebastian Erixon

Mark Matheson

at least to start the year, and see where it goes from there.

Is Tommernes going to stay in Sweden for another year?

I really liked the look of the Connauton Tanev pairing (even though I have only seen them play in last year's young stars tournament). They seemed to have good chemistry between them.

Archived