The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reinprecht has a lot of experience on LW, too. I doubt they put JS and him together since they're both kinda small.

I really think Mancari and Schroeder should be playing together...

Sweatt - Longpre/Miller - Haydar

Rodin - Schroeder - Mancari

Reinprecht - Doell/Longpre - Oreskovich

Archibald - Miller/Doell - Duco

Anyway, the team looks stacked on paper.. they just gotta get it together..

On paper the forward corps looks pretty deep, but then I thought the Wolves were pretty deep too at the beginning of the season. I just don't get what's wrong with their offense. I've read on WK (WolfKeeper.org) that the D just isn't that good, and turn a lot of pucks over hurting their transition. Maybe the 50 ft. stretch passes we're accustomed to seeing with the big club just aren't working on the farm team.

SUPER early game going on right now. Wolves leadin 3-1 after 2 periods. Sweatt has a goal.

Climie in net - 17 saves so far.

roster/stats:

C/A 	#	 PLAYERS		Pos.	G	A	+/-	SH	PIM

2 	 Erixon, Sebastian	D	0	0	+2	2	0

4 	 Sauve, Yann		D	0	0	0	0	0

C	5 	 Baumgartner, Nolan	D	0	0	0	0	0

6 	 Connauton, Kevin	D	0	0	0	3	2

9 	 Longpre, Nathan	F	0	2	+2	6	0

10 	 Friesen, Dustin	D	0	0	0	0	0

13 	 Davies, Michael	F	0	0	0	1	0

14 	 Miller, Tim		F	2	0	+2	2	0

15 	 Rodin, Anton		F	0	0	-1	3	0

17 	 Duco, Mike		LW	0	0	-1	0	0

18 	 Schroeder, Jordan	C	0	0	-1	2	0

A	20 	 Haydar, Darren		RW	0	3	+2	2	0

A	21 	 Doell, Kevin		C	0	0	0	1	2

22 	 Archibald, Darren	LW	0	0	0	1	0

23 	 Sweatt, Bill		LW	1	0	0	2	0

24 	 Mancari, Mark		RW	0	0	-1	2	0

25 	 Matheson, Mark		D	0	1	+1	2	2

28 	 Schneider, Stefan	F	0	0	0	0	0

extrapolated Lineup:

Longpre-Miller-Haydar

Duco-Schroder-Rodin

?-?-?

?-?-?

Connauton-Baumgartner

Matheson-Erixson

Sauve-Freisen

not sure about the rest.

SUPER early game going on right now. Wolves leadin 3-1 after 2 periods. Sweatt has a goal.

Climie in net - 17 saves so far.

roster/stats:

C/A 	#	 PLAYERS		Pos.	G	A	+/-	SH	PIM

2 	 Erixon, Sebastian	D	0	0	+2	2	0

4 	 Sauve, Yann		D	0	0	0	0	0

C	5 	 Baumgartner, Nolan	D	0	0	0	0	0

6 	 Connauton, Kevin	D	0	0	0	3	2

9 	 Longpre, Nathan	F	0	2	+2	6	0

10 	 Friesen, Dustin	D	0	0	0	0	0

13 	 Davies, Michael	F	0	0	0	1	0

14 	 Miller, Tim		F	2	0	+2	2	0

15 	 Rodin, Anton		F	0	0	-1	3	0

17 	 Duco, Mike		LW	0	0	-1	0	0

18 	 Schroeder, Jordan	C	0	0	-1	2	0

A	20 	 Haydar, Darren		RW	0	3	+2	2	0

A	21 	 Doell, Kevin		C	0	0	0	1	2

22 	 Archibald, Darren	LW	0	0	0	1	0

23 	 Sweatt, Bill		LW	1	0	0	2	0

24 	 Mancari, Mark		RW	0	0	-1	2	0

25 	 Matheson, Mark		D	0	1	+1	2	2

28 	 Schneider, Stefan	F	0	0	0	0	0

extrapolated Lineup:

Longpre-Miller-Haydar

Duco-Schroder-Rodin

?-?-?

?-?-?

Connauton-Baumgartner

Matheson-Erixson

Sauve-Freisen

not sure about the rest.

You're right. I wonder what he did this summer to improve so much on his 8 game stint with the Sharks last season. He had EIGHT shots on net today (8/33).

Haydar back to his former self with 4 points (in on each goal).

Duco & Schroeder line on for the only goal against.

Longpre seems like he's a decent fit on the top line so far, and he's putting up points so no complaints there! If he has a decent year - say, 40 to 45 points in 70 games or so - the Canucks might consider signing him to a contract. With his speed and skill, as well as a good shot from what I've heard, he'd be a good fit in the organization, and you know MG loves his college players.Huge night for Haydar, good to see. Miller has been doing surprisingly well for the Wolves too. Mancari however has been the big disappointment so far being under 0.5 PPG... he was signed to be a veteran scorer and right now he's not. Hope he picks it up as he's playing on a line with Schroeder and they've been mostly minuses in their past few games.

I talked to Mancari a week ago and he said part of his problem is he's a wing playing center in a new system plus new teamates. Said it was the most frustrating start to a season in his career. Said that hopefully when the Wolves get some natural centers he can shift back to his normal spot and be comfortable there. I mentioned that I'd seen sawdust coming out of his stick during the game the night before and that's what prompted the conversation. He said they will get it together. Maybe if Ebbett comes down that'll set up the lines a little better.

I talked to Mancari a week ago and he said part of his problem is he's a wing playing center in a new system plus new teamates. Said it was the most frustrating start to a season in his career. Said that hopefully when the Wolves get some natural centers he can shift back to his normal spot and be comfortable there. I mentioned that I'd seen sawdust coming out of his stick during the game the night before and that's what prompted the conversation. He said they will get it together. Maybe if Ebbett comes down that'll set up the lines a little better.

Chicago tied at 1-1 through 1 with Milwaukee.

Connauton gets his 3rd of the season on the assist from Schneider. Matt Climie gets the start again...

Is Lack losing his starting job?

EDIT 1: K-Conn gets his second of the night and his 4th goal of the season on the PP from Haydar and Baumgartner. The game is tied 2-2. However, while he has scored both Chicago goals, Connauton was also on the ice for both Milwaukee goals and is a -1.

EDIT 2: K-Conn is now a -2 as Milwaukee scored again to go up 3-2. On ice for all 5 goals scored. And now 3-3 as Nathan Longre scores from Darren Haydar. K-Conn not on the ice for that one, so still a -2.

Still would like more production from Schroeder though...

Really slow start to the season for him. I hope he really picks it up soon......

Archived