The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm REALLY hoping it's not the wolves. the wolves are fun to go to, and it's true they are run like an NHL team, but the problem is, that because they have the same mentality as an NHL team, they don't want to waste their time developing prospects, they just care about winning. The NHL affiliate has say over who comes to the team, but the team loads up on career AHLers (including those that they request their parent org to acquire) and then gives them the most ice time.

The only time they give the prospects any minutes is if they make an immediate impact, which means only the top prospects get anything resembling development time (and usually those players are brought up to the parent club anyway, because, atlanta sucked), and any fringe players, or players who are coming back from significant injury are overlooked and pushed to the bottom of their depth chart.

Shirokov, Schroeder, and Coho would have had 3rd line min at best on the wolves (especially shiro in his first season), and Grabs probably would have been sent down to the ECHL in his first couple years, and never would have developed to the point where he is today.

If the Canucks affiliate with the wolves they will either force them to play the prospects a certain amount of time, or they will have a 1 season trial to see how it goes. If they choose them it'll be out of convenience and probably only until something better opens up. I just hope our prospects are not mishandled in the mean time.

My ideal solution is The Calgary hitman WHL team is moved to Nanaimo

The Flames AHL team are moved to Calgary or nearby, why not have the AHL team in the same City

and the Heat get taken over by the Canucks

but with the Flames owning the Heat that is pretty unlikely

the sabres just ended their affiliation with the portland pirates, stuff just got real interesting.

As for the fourth period claiming it's the wolves, if noone else is reporting on it, and they don't say how they discovered it, I'm not going to hold my breath. especially if they are not even putting it on their main site.

I just want to say that there are a HUGE number of Chicago Wolves fans who are ready, willing and able to cheer on this new affiliation. Despite what propaganda you may have heard, this team has a big, loyal fan base who regularly attend games and other team activities and we are so excited to lose our affiliation with the horrible organization that masqueraded as an NHL hockey team, the Atlanta Thrashers. If you read up on the history of the Chicago Wolves franchise, you will see that we are an organization used to winning championships. The past few years have been painful for us season ticket holders to watch. Atlanta just never could draft talent that we could then develop and we were left to our own devices to sign older players to Wolves contracts to try to compete. I know that many of our players were frustrated with the lack of opportunity given to advance with the Thrasher organization. If you look at that roster you will find only three Wolves players - I KNOW that in Winnepeg there will be more of our players given a chance to prove themselves at the NHL level. So all the negative Wolves talk you've heard most likely came from disgruntled Atlanta fans, don't believe them!!! Yes, many of us are Blackhawks fans, but we're also adult enough to be able to be fans of both teams without troubling our consciences. Welcome to the Allstate Arena where the pregame fireworks show is unlike any other anywhere.....we're happy to have an affiliation with a team who is serious about winning hockey and look forward to seeing some new young players develop here in Chicago. Now I have to go buy a Canucks shirt.......cheers!!!

I just want to say that there are a HUGE number of Chicago Wolves fans who are ready, willing and able to cheer on this new affiliation. Despite what propaganda you may have heard, this team has a big, loyal fan base who regularly attend games and other team activities and we are so excited to lose our affiliation with the horrible organization that masqueraded as an NHL hockey team, the Atlanta Thrashers. If you read up on the history of the Chicago Wolves franchise, you will see that we are an organization used to winning championships. The past few years have been painful for us season ticket holders to watch. Atlanta just never could draft talent that we could then develop and we were left to our own devices to sign older players to Wolves contracts to try to compete. I know that many of our players were frustrated with the lack of opportunity given to advance with the Thrasher organization. If you look at that roster you will find only three Wolves players - I KNOW that in Winnepeg there will be more of our players given a chance to prove themselves at the NHL level. So all the negative Wolves talk you've heard most likely came from disgruntled Atlanta fans, don't believe them!!! Yes, many of us are Blackhawks fans, but we're also adult enough to be able to be fans of both teams without troubling our consciences. Welcome to the Allstate Arena where the pregame fireworks show is unlike any other anywhere.....we're happy to have an affiliation with a team who is serious about winning hockey and look forward to seeing some new young players develop here in Chicago. Now I have to go buy a Canucks shirt.......cheers!!!

It's gonna be weird not referring to our farm team as the Moose anymore, but I guess we'll have to get used to it.

I think we should be thankful that we had such a great farm team for so many years though. They helped develop some of the great players that we have on this team today. Names like Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, Raymond, Schneider, Edler, Hansen, and even Hodgson. And I think a thank you should go out to the people of Manitoba for the great support that they've shown to our players over the years.

However change can sometimes be a good thing. So lets look towards our new, perhaps temporary farm team, the Chicago Wolves. I'm excited for the new injection of talent that we'll have this year. Players like Rodin, Anthony, Friesen, Rai, Grenier, and Archibald will all bring an element of skill and grit that should compliment the players we already have quite well.

My projected lineup would go something like this:

Bill Sweatt - Jordan Schroeder - Anton Rodin

Darren Archibald - Alex Bolduc - Guilluames Desbiens

Steven Anthony - Alex Friesen - Alexandre Grenier

Aaron Volpatti - Stefan Schneider - Prab Rai

Yann Sauve - Mark Flood

Ryan Parent - Kevin Connauton

Adam Polasek - Keith Seabrook

Eddie Lack

Tyler Weiman

I'm not sure how the agreement works, but I'm sure we'll have to keep some of the players that they've already signed on the team. But this is just how I see our AHL depth being right now. Some of those players may have to play in the ECHL or on other AHL teams.Either way, I think the Moose will be a big, skilled, and gritty team next season.

I would love to see how a line of Sweatt, Schroeder, and Rodin would play. They may be small, but they're lightning quick, and have a ton of skill.

It's gonna be weird not referring to our farm team as the Moose anymore, but I guess we'll have to get used to it.

I think we should be thankful that we had such a great farm team for so many years though. They helped develop some of the great players that we have on this team today. Names like Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, Raymond, Schneider, Edler, Hansen, and even Hodgson. And I think a thank you should go out to the people of Manitoba for the great support that they've shown to our players over the years.

However change can sometimes be a good thing. So lets look towards our new, perhaps temporary farm team, the Chicago Wolves. I'm excited for the new injection of talent that we'll have this year. Players like Rodin, Anthony, Friesen, Rai, Grenier, and Archibald will all bring an element of skill and grit that should compliment the players we already have quite well.

My projected lineup would go something like this:

Bill Sweatt - Jordan Schroeder - Anton Rodin

Darren Archibald - Alex Bolduc - Guilluames Desbiens

Steven Anthony - Alex Friesen - Alexandre Grenier

Aaron Volpatti - Stefan Schneider - Prab Rai

Yann Sauve - Mark Flood

Ryan Parent - Kevin Connauton

Adam Polasek - Keith Seabrook

Eddie Lack

Tyler Weiman

I'm not sure how the agreement works, but I'm sure we'll have to keep some of the players that they've already signed on the team. But this is just how I see our AHL depth being right now. Some of those players may have to play in the ECHL or on other AHL teams.Either way, I think the Moose will be a big, skilled, and gritty team next season.

I would love to see how a line of Sweatt, Schroeder, and Rodin would play. They may be small, but they're lightning quick, and have a ton of skill.

Archived