Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

Speculation

• Please log in to reply
1495 replies to this topic

Poll: Connauton or Granani (198 member(s) have cast votes)

Which defenceman has more upside,or do You think will be a more valuable Defenceman in the future ?

1. 22 yr old Connauton (167 votes [84.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.34%

2. 25 yr old Gragnani (31 votes [15.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 burrkeshanlon

burrkeshanlon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

Jensen is only 18 years old and therefore cannot play in the AHL yet based on the CHL agreement.

Grenier on the other hand was an over-ager playing in the OHL. So he has to go to either the Salmon kings, or the Wolves. Based on his skill and size though, I would guess that he goes to the wolves.

ah ok thanks, well I hope he goes there too
http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2408928/burrows-scooores-o.gif

#62 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

Prab Rai? Really? Heck, even volpatti on the 4th line is weird.

All of the other players I have listed are better offensively than Volpatti. He's likely never going to be more than a fourth line grinder/fighter on any team he's on.

And as for Rai, I honestly don't even know what the deal with him is. I just threw him in their cause he's still a young prospect that I'm sure Gillis hasn't given up on yet. He did have pretty good numbers in the WHL on a bad team, so we might as well see what he can do.

Edited by DeNiro, 26 June 2011 - 02:56 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#63 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

Mark Flood is Newfoundland bound, and all the other REAL moose.

The baby canucks will now be playing with the Wolves veterans.

This seriously shakes up your roster...
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#64 harold.druken

harold.druken

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

I'm no expert on the AHL, but aren't Flood and Weiman Moose property, and therefore go to St. John's next year? I also think Seabrook was loaned to the Moose from the Heat so he would likely either play in Abbotsford or St. John's next year.

The rest of your line-up looks pretty good. I think the Canucks will re-sign Bliznak and he'll likely center the third. It'd be interesting to see Schroeder and Rodin together, but I'm not sure if they'll move Schroeder back to center after playing mostly wing last year.

Does anybody know if the Wolves have any players under contract that they'll want to put in the line-up?

#65 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

Matheson, Welch and Doell are Wolves property, at least, and signed for next season. Flood is a UFA awaiting NHL contract (will play for Leksand if he can't get one, rumour says), Weiman is a UFA. Seabrook will play where Calgary tells him to. Bliznak signed with Sparta Praha.

Edited by Allt svartnar, 26 June 2011 - 04:46 AM.

last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#66 willhouse

willhouse

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

Has it even been confirmed that Chicago is our new farm team?
And anybody hear what ECHL team will be our affiliate?

#67 micgao

micgao

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

Volpatti is a top 6 guy in the AHL, at least that's where he played last year when he was down there.

Oh and Shirokov has a chance of being there too although not sure if he will re-sign and wether he would make the team.

Edited by micgao, 26 June 2011 - 05:52 AM.

Posted Image

#68 WizardousSedinerie

WizardousSedinerie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

Just saw on their FB page that apparently the Wolves are making an announcement on Monday morning around 10am regarding their official NHL affiliate. Be hearing it from Gillis soon enough...

#69 WizardousSedinerie

WizardousSedinerie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

I'm gonna miss calling them The Moose. I loved their jerseys too, the colours, logo, everything. :(

#70 SpartyOn

SpartyOn

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

Our fan site (it's not the "official site, but the one with the best, most knowledgeable fans) has been reporting that our affilation with the Canucks is a done deal. If you want to join in and meet some of the gang head over to www.wolfkeeper.org and say hi, eh?
Is it tripping or diving??? Never understood how it could be both.

#71 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

Tad optimistic to think Rai will play AHL next season. Not much word about him all last season other than injury. No news of rehab. Kinda strange IMO.

ECHL Salmon Kings gone as well. You would think there would be another venue in the Lower Mainland where a ECHL team would fit.

#72 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Our fan site (it's not the "official site, but the one with the best, most knowledgeable fans) has been reporting that our affilation with the Canucks is a done deal. If you want to join in and meet some of the gang head over to www.wolfkeeper.org and say hi, eh?

OK already joined! They need a mature Canuck fan like me!!!
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#73 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

http://www.wolfkeepe...t=7656&start=40

I said hello to our Chicago comrades!!

:frantic: :towel: :frantic: :emot-parrot:

Edited by Ox., 26 June 2011 - 07:35 AM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#74 XX_canucks33_XX

XX_canucks33_XX

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

i was hoping they can move to abbotsford not chicago or at least Victoria :blink:

#75 Linden4everacanuck

Linden4everacanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

Jensen is only 18 years old and therefore cannot play in the AHL yet based on the CHL agreement.

Grenier on the other hand was an over-ager playing in the OHL. So he has to go to either the Salmon kings, or the Wolves. Based on his skill and size though, I would guess that he goes to the wolves.

The Salmon Kings are no more, they folded in Victoria as the old Chilliwack Bruins from the WHL moved there and are playing out of the same arena as the Salmon Kings were.

#76 wonder-twins-sedins

wonder-twins-sedins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

Is this a done deal, that our farm team is the Chicago Wolves??

That is crap.
Daniel Sedin for Art Ross 2010-2011!! You can do it Danny! Let's make NHL history!!

Kesler's right behind you.

#77 Kopitarzz

Kopitarzz

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

Wheres Lee Sweatt? rudy! rudy!
Posted ImagePosted Image
.............................................R.I.P............................................

........................Rick Rypien.......................
.......................Luc Bourdon......................

......................Pavol Demitra......................

#78 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Under the Chicago Wolves, we have two Calder Cups :D

i think...

In other news, man, thats one hell of a trip back and forth for our prospects if they were called up.

Edited by Monteeun, 26 June 2011 - 09:45 AM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#79 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Why listen to Thrashers fans who say we can't develop talent? If they were such fans they'd still have a team in Atlanta...

If the rumors are true, welcome aboard. Will be nice to see how we deal with a "mature" NHL organization. I don't think it'll hurt the Wolves attendance-wise. The majority of weekend sales are for casual fans and groups, and the business side of the team is very aggressive on sales. The season ticket holders are a mixed bunch: some could care less who we're affiliated with as long as it's good hockey (which we've lacked for a few years with Atlanta), some die hard Chicago fans that may not make the jump because of the perceived hated of the Canucks in Chicago, and some that hated Atlanta was were ready to get out years ago.

FWIW, I could see the CBC scheduling alot more Wolves games in their AHL package, since we televise our entire schedule in Chicago, home and road.
I like beer. And hockey.

#80 Canuckitty

Canuckitty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

If our farm team turns out to be the Chicago Wolves, I don't see a travel problem. Our call-ups will only have an hour or so longer plane trip than it was from Winnipeg to Vancouver. Hey, it's not like they'd have to travel by covered wagon!

#81 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Do we have an official announcement on the Wolves yet? I know that it is "obvious" that the new affiliate will be the Wolves but if the official announcement has been delayed I wonder if something else might be in the works -- like Aquillini buying the now unaffiliated Portland team (which could be moved -- next year if not this year) or a last minute deal with Abbotsford. I admit it is all a longshot but I am really hoping for an alternative. As other threads have gone over the Wolves would be a much worse fit than the Moose and obviously it would great to have an affiliate close by. For one thing it would nice to be able to go to a few games to see Canuck prospects play. That would be possible with Abbotsford or a team in Seattle, Victoria, or the Okanagan or the Fraser Valley.

#82 Edinburgh Capitals

Edinburgh Capitals

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

The Wolves just signed a 31 year old centerPosted Image http://www.chicagowo...ring-back-doell
God if they are are farm team i hope they give our prospects some decent ice time instead of going for the Cup. I miss the Moose
Posted Image

#83 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

The Wolves have a press conference scheduled for 10AM Central time in Chicago.
I like beer. And hockey.

#84 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Best Jerseys in the AHL, Henrik Tömmernes is old enough. He best get his but to chicago.

#85 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,532 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

The Wolves just signed a 31 year old centerPosted Image http://www.chicagowo...ring-back-doell
God if they are are farm team i hope they give our prospects some decent ice time instead of going for the Cup. I miss the Moose

?
If you think any AHL team will dress a lineup solely consisting of their affiliates prospects you're crazy. All of them sign veteran players like that.
Posted Image

#86 Edinburgh Capitals

Edinburgh Capitals

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

?
If you think any AHL team will dress a lineup solely consisting of their affiliates prospects you're crazy. All of them sign veteran players like that.

I accept that they will sign veterans but i just hope the first two lines aren't just made up of them. Players like Haydar, Garbutt and Deveaux where all wolves signings and all 3 of them where in top 10 for scoring, with few actual prospects being in there with them.

Edited by Burnt Toast, 26 June 2011 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#87 narcan2k

narcan2k

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I'll wait till the announcement before I start chearing the Wolves. We have just as good a chance of affiliating with the Crunch as we do the Wolves. Article here: http://canuckscorner...manitoba-moose/

Edited by narcan2k, 26 June 2011 - 11:21 AM.

Canucks fan from the minute the sperm bodychecked the egg into mitosis...
Posted Image
I don't post much 'cause most of what I'd like to write is utter tripe.
Follow me on Twitter - @narcan2k

#88 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

?

The extent to which veteran minor leaguers are used depends on whether the AHL team is independent and has winning (or putting fans in seats) as the primary objective or whether player development for the NHL affiliate is the primary objective. Those are different objectives and may sometimes conflict. The Moose were good. The Wolves would not be good on this dimension.

Young prospects will make more mistakes than veteran minor leaguers. They have more potential but when they improve and make fewer mistakes they get taken away.

#89 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

looks good, Id like to see one of our goalie prospects backing up Lack though. Either Cannata or Ilhati

#90 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

?

No doubt. I'd actually like to see them bring Krog & Haydar back (Haydar at the very least). Veteran offensive guys will only help our young offensive players.

Rodin-Krog-Haydar
Sweatt-Schroeder-Grenier
Archibald-Friesen-Desbien

Something like that...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.