Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

Speculation

• Please log in to reply
1495 replies to this topic

Poll: Connauton or Granani (198 member(s) have cast votes)

Which defenceman has more upside,or do You think will be a more valuable Defenceman in the future ?

1. 22 yr old Connauton (167 votes [84.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.34%

2. 25 yr old Gragnani (31 votes [15.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#871 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

Haha it's like the NHL series... Every once in a while you see Alexander Crosby or Sidney Sedin...

If Henrik Samuelsson has the best of both of his name forbearers... Look out!

Then again, he could be soft, doesn't pass much, pretty bad shot and is a slow skater!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#872 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Haha it's like the NHL series... Every once in a while you see Alexander Crosby or Sidney Sedin...

If Henrik Samuelsson has the best of both of his name forbearers... Look out!

Then again, he could be soft, doesn't pass much, pretty bad shot and is a slow skater!

Hahah, that's what I thought too when I saw his name.. in my Be a GM in the 2016 Draft there was Pavel Ovechkin (6'6" Tough Guy D-man XD) and also Nicklas Lidstrom (Who was pretty much identical to the actual Lidstrom :o). However, His Dad is Ulf Samuelsson and he's not soft at all in how he plays. 6'2" 200lb powerforward, battles it out in the corner. He was predicted to go late in the 1st but has dropped and I would love to pick him up.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#873 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

what the heck happens if we get rid of Schneider, huh? I say get rid of schneids at a high price and get Makarov. you think Eddie Lack is ready? Makarov is 2 times better at everything he does. but yeah drafting a goalie in the 1st round might not be such a good idea.

draft Tanner Pearson in the 1st round, then Andrey makarov in the 2nd.

His name is Eddie Lack. Lack's heir apparent is named Joe Cannata. They are both great goalie prospects, both of them having stats and growth equal to or better than Schneider at the same age. So... yeah I would rather we get some top-end offensive talent and prepare for the twighlight of the Sedinery era.

#874 one night

one night

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Or maybe they'll look at the situation.

You have to be a patient player to make the Canucks - arguably the best team in the NHL and it will pay off for you.

Look at Schneider, look at Tanev and look at Cody.

All of whom are probably better players than they would have been had they been developed with CBJ or NYI.

I agree, so why is Kassian up with the Canucks? The guy has done nothing.

#875 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

He will probably go 5-6 picks ahead of us, but definitely would be happy if we got Dalton Thrower. That being said, Andreas Athanasiou would probably be more realistic.

Sick hands on Andreas

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#876 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Here are a few writeups from one of the best out there:
http://www.dobberhoc...list&Itemid=117

Scott Laughton sounds like a sleeper - would love to see us pick him up. I'd trade down from 30 to take him early in the 2nd round and gain an additional pick.

Sounds like Oshawa has the Hodgson-jam situation that we had - Laughton being Hodgson :P

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#877 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

Sick hands on Andreas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17UcPNJciEo

Would be nice to finally have someone who can make it work in the shootout (who isn't named Alex, of course).

Edited by Hansen 36, 26 March 2012 - 01:54 AM.

Blue Team

#878 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

Sick hands on Andreas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17UcPNJciEo

Being from London and watching the Knights all year - I'd love to see the Canucks have a Knight in the system. That said, I wouldn't use a first round pick on Andreas. He's fun to watch - fast and obviously has hands BUT when it comes to a point in the game where we need a goal he isn't the guy the coach looks to when throwing a line out. That, to me at least, is kind of a big deal.
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#879 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,294 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Tom Wilson. Another huge powerforward to add to the mix.

Subbancopy.jpg

#880 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Frk's 25th among North American skaters, but has only dropped that far because he was injured at the start of the year. He'd be a great skilled forward to pick up. On D, Brady Skjei (6-3, 200, just turned 18 today) would be a beast. Or Ville Pokka, already playing, and producing points in the Finnish men's league... if he drops to the end of the first round.

Edited by forklift_ole, 26 March 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#881 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

stats from past couple games:

Thursday, March 22, 2012 vs LAKE ERIE - 3-2 WIN
 	 	 PLAYERS		Pos.	G	A	+/-	SH	PIM
 	2 	 Hunt, Brad		D	0	2	0	2	0
 	4 	 Sauve, Yann		D	0	0	-1	0	0
C	5 	 Baumgartner, Nolan	D	0	1	+1	2	0
 	6 	 Connauton, Kevin	D	0	0	-1	2	0
 	8 	 Henry, Jordan		D	0	0	-1	1	0
 	9 	 Gordon, Andrew		RW	1	0	0	4	0
 	13 	 Davies, Michael	F	0	0	0	0	0
 	14 	 Miller, Tim		F	0	0	0	2	2
 	15 	 Rodin, Anton		F	0	0	0	4	0
 	17 	 Duco, Mike		LW	0	0	-1	0	0
 	18 	 Schroeder, Jordan	C	1	0	0	3	0
A	20 	 Haydar, Darren		RW	1	0	0	3	0
 	23 	 Sweatt, Bill		LW	0	0	0	3	0
A	24 	 Mancari, Mark		RW	0	0	-1	2	0
 	25 	 Matheson, Mark		D	0	0	0	1	2
 	27 	 Roussel, Antoine	LW	0	0	0	1	5
 	29 	 Reinprecht, Steve	C	0	1	-1	2	0
 	32 	 Bitz, Byron		RW	0	0	0	0	0

Goalies		GA	Mins	SH	SVS	PIM
 	31 	 Lack, Eddie		-	-	-	-	-
 	33 	 Climie, Matt		2	60:00	24	22	0

Scoring
1. CHI Gordon, (5) (Baumgartner, Hunt), 8:19 (PP)	
1. LE Mauldin, (15) (Malone), 8:53	
2. CHI Schroeder, (17) (Reinprecht, Hunt), 10:05 (PP)	
3. CHI Haydar, (16) , 18:26 (EN)	
3. LE Rissmiller, (12) (Malone), 19:56

Stars:
1. CHI - 18 Jordan Schroeder
2. CHI - 2 Brad Hunt
3. LE - 20 Greg Mauldin

Saturday, March 24, 2012 vs HAMILTON - 3-2 LOSS
 	2 	 Hunt, Brad		D	0	0	0	2	0
 	4 	 Sauve, Yann		D	0	1	+1	0	0
C	5 	 Baumgartner, Nolan	D	0	0	0	0	2
 	6 	 Connauton, Kevin	D	0	0	-1	2	0
 	8 	 Henry, Jordan		D	0	0	+1	1	0
 	13 	 Davies, Michael	F	0	0	-1	3	0
 	14 	 Miller, Tim		F	1	0	+1	4	0
 	15 	 Rodin, Anton		F	0	0	0	1	0
 	17 	 Duco, Mike		LW	1	0	+1	2	4
 	18 	 Schroeder, Jordan	C	0	0	-1	3	0
A	20 	 Haydar, Darren		RW	0	0	+1	2	0
 	23 	 Sweatt, Bill		LW	0	0	-1	6	0
A	24 	 Mancari, Mark		RW	0	1	+1	2	0
 	25 	 Matheson, Mark		D	0	0	-1	0	0
 	27 	 Roussel, Antoine	LW	0	0	-1	0	0
 	28 	 Schneider, Stefan	F	0	0	-1	1	0
 	29 	 Reinprecht, Steve	C	0	1	+1	4	2
 	32 	 Bitz, Byron		RW	0	1	+1	0	0

31 	 Lack, Eddie		3	58:59	30	27	0
 	33 	 Climie, Matt		-	-	-	-	-

Scoring
1. HAM Fast, (1) (Engqvist), 19:53	
3. HAM Slaney, (2) (Todd, Mitera), 2:34	
3. CHI Miller, (17) (Sauve, Reinprecht), 3:50	
3. CHI Duco, (11) (Mancari, Bitz), 6:57	
3. HAM Willsie, (13) , 9:28 (PP)

Stars:
1. HAM - 24 Brian Willsie
2. CHI - 17 Mike Duco
3. HAM - 3 Robert Slaney

Sunday, March 25, 2012 vs HOUSTON - 4-1 WIN
 	2 	 Hunt, Brad		D	0	0	-1	3	2
 	4 	 Sauve, Yann		D	1	0	+1	1	0
C	5 	 Baumgartner, Nolan	D	0	1	+1	1	2
 	6 	 Connauton, Kevin	D	0	1	+2	5	0
 	8 	 Henry, Jordan		D	0	0	+1	2	0
 	13 	 Davies, Michael	F	0	0	+1	2	0
 	14 	 Miller, Tim		F	0	1	+1	5	0
 	15 	 Rodin, Anton		F	0	0	+1	1	0
 	17 	 Duco, Mike		LW	0	0	-1	0	0
 	18 	 Schroeder, Jordan	C	0	2	+2	2	0
A	20 	 Haydar, Darren		RW	1	1	+1	1	0
 	23 	 Sweatt, Bill		LW	1	0	+1	1	0
A	24 	 Mancari, Mark		RW	1	0	-1	3	0
 	25 	 Matheson, Mark		D	0	0	0	0	0
 	26 	 Clackson, Matt		LW	0	0	0	2	2
 	27 	 Roussel, Antoine	LW	0	0	+1	1	4
 	29 	 Reinprecht, Steve	C	0	0	+1	1	0
 	32 	 Bitz, Byron		RW	0	0	-1	1	0

31 	 Lack, Eddie		-	-	-	-	-
 	33 	 Climie, Matt		1	60:00	21	20	0

Scoring
1. HOU Taffe, (17) (DiSalvatore, McIntyre), 5:16	
1. CHI Haydar, (17) (Baumgartner, Connauton), 15:02	
2. CHI Mancari, (27) (Haydar, Miller), 5:27 (PP)	
3. CHI Sauve, (3) (Schroeder), 3:47	
3. CHI Sweatt, (14) (Schroeder), 19:33 (EN)

Stars:
1. CHI - 20 Darren Haydar
2. CHI - 4 Yann Sauve
3. CHI - 33 Matt Climie

#882 Droj

Droj

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I think gillis goes with a d in the 1st round to the tune of skjei, thrower, or severson (Finn if he drops). Second round I think he will grab Brian hart, look him up. Since we don't have a pick again until the 5th round, gillis will have to take two home run picks with the first 2.

Edited by Droj, 26 March 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#883 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I agree, so why is Kassian up with the Canucks? The guy has done nothing.

One thing Gillis has said, and been consistent about it too, is he wants prospects to be dominant at the AHL level before they get a call up to the NHL. In some cases, his hand has been forced due to injuries, and he's given the best at the time a chance with the club to see what they can do.

I put this out there earlier that some people are asking why Schroeder hasn't been called up. He has less than a point every two games in the AHL this year. Kassian, by comparison, was just under a point a game pace with Rochester.

There's a point where a player will only learn so much in the AHL, and Kassian is easily ready from a physical standpoint to be in the NHL and has to come to terms with his skill level and playing against the top level of talent available in order to be successful. He won't get that challenge in the AHL.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#884 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

The weekly Wolves update from Ggooglyboogly:

Chicago Wolves Update – Playoff Push Time

I DEMAND PLAYOFFS

The Chicago Wolves playoff push continued last night with a 4-1 win over the current 5th seeded Houston Aeros. As of right now, the Wolves have the 3rd seed as a Midwest division leader with 79 points. Charlotte is sitting at 6th in the conference (2nd in division) at 75 points with a game in hand and Peoria has the 9th seed in the conference with 75 points (Wolves own a game in hand against Peoria).

Since the last update, the Wolves have won 4 games and lost 2, they are starting to play quite a bit better but there are those games where there is a frustrating lack of effort that have me wonder why I’m sitting in the stands watching them play if they don’t want to be out there. For the most part, these games don’t happen often, and with the effort and skill I saw last night, I think the Wolves are primed for a successful playoff run. Both goalies have been playing very well. Since the 6-0 drubbing at the hands of Milwaukee at the beginning of the month, the Wolves have given up 4 goals just once, and are averaging 1.9 goals against.

Coming up this week the Wolves have another trip to Abbotsford to play the Heat, so any of you reading this should head out and catch a game or two and cheer on your future Canucks. The games are Thursday and Friday night. Last time the Wolves played there they had a two game sweep. Points are at an absolute premium here with the western conference being so close and another two game sweep in Abbotsford would do wonders for securing a playoff berth.

Player News – Goalie Joe Cannata will officially join the Wolves in Abbotsford and remain on the team through the rest of the season. With the playoff race so close I don’t think he’ll see much, if any, playing time, but it should be good for him to practice with the team and get used to traveling in the AHL. The goalie picture gets a little murky for next season, but I think whether or not Scheider gets dealt from the Canucks, it makes more sense to keep Eddie Lack in the AHL playing regularly than warming a bench in the NHL.

Brad Hunt – D – Bemidji State’s Brad Hunt has been signed by the Wolves to an Amateur tryout contact and is a solid prospect that I feel will earn a two way deal next season. He’s been put on the power play right away, has a BOMB of a slap shot and has played great in both zones. Whoever signs him next year will have a very productive blue liner, I wouldn’t mind watching him next year in Chicago so start tweeting his name to Mike Gillis, Canuck Fans!

Darren Archibald – LW – Darren has been given the rookie of the year award from the Kalamazoo Wings during last night’s Fan Appreciation night event. He had 11G 29A and a +18 rating this season with the K Wings. He’s had two stints with the Wolves this season and I saw a drastic improvement between the two. I think it’s a pretty safe bet that he’ll be a mainstay on the Wolves next season.

Prab Rai - F - A lot of you have asked about Mr. Rai, he's actually suited up for the K wings alongside Darren Archibald for 21 game this season sporting a 1-4-5 stat line. It will be interesting to see where he will wind up next year fully healthy, a good chance it could be up in Chicago

Cannata up with the Wolves to get a taste of the AHL life now that he has a pro contract, and Archibald showing good signs in Kalamazoo. Haven't heard of Brad Hunt before though.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#885 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

The weekly Wolves update from Ggooglyboogly:

Cannata up with the Wolves to get a taste of the AHL life now that he has a pro contract, and Archibald showing good signs in Kalamazoo. Haven't heard of Brad Hunt before though.

I know B.Hunt, but he's going to be 24 by the start of next year and he's a tiny guy. I wish him the best and I know he will work hard and that he's excited, but the hard truth is he is just too small and probably won't get a 2-way deal next year.

He's made the WCHA Academic team the past two years though and everyone knows how GMMG likes his educated players.. I guess we'll see.

#886 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

hunt had a solid college career, but he'll be limited by his stature. if he was a forward he might stand a better chance, but he'll probably get a contract in the ahl first, unless he has a stellar remainder of the season and ahl playoffs.

#887 axecrew

axecrew

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

For those who haven't seen Hunt play.....he's about as solid as you can imagine. Yes he's small in size but makes up for it by being positionally sound in both ends of the ice, has a very heavy shot and sees the ice exceptionally well. Was put on first PP unit right from the start. Doesn't get rattled by pressure and always make the right play in his own end. What more can you ask for from a rookie? Definitely see him earning a contract next season with the Wolves.

#888 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

For those who haven't seen Hunt play.....he's about as solid as you can imagine. Yes he's small in size but makes up for it by being positionally sound in both ends of the ice, has a very heavy shot and sees the ice exceptionally well. Was put on first PP unit right from the start. Doesn't get rattled by pressure and always make the right play in his own end. What more can you ask for from a rookie? Definitely see him earning a contract next season with the Wolves.

An AHL contract is very possible and almost guaranteed. A two-way contract though? I hope so for his sake, but I don't really see it happening.

#889 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

An AHL contract is very possible and almost guaranteed. A two-way contract though? I hope so for his sake, but I don't really see it happening.

yeah he won't land an NHL contract unless he seriously impresses in the remainder of the season, and even then it would probably take a full season or 2 of impressive AHL production to land an NHL contract.

#890 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

That's good to hear. Usually for small D-men to make it this far they have to be pretty smart, just like Tanev except he actually grew! How's his skating? And MG wasn't afraid to give Lee Sweatt a chance as well even though he was a small guy; it's too bad he retired as he'd have been a good guy to cheer for.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#891 axecrew

axecrew

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hunt skates pretty well.....doesnt have Bill Sweatt speed, but also doesnt plod along like Mancari. Boys are in town tonight and tomorrow so have fun seeing them in person.

They left here tuesday morning to come up there....was talking with Haydar and he told me that since they fly into seattle and then bus up it's usually about an 11 hour trip. They skated at Rogers yesterday and then watched the game.

Edited by axecrew, 29 March 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#892 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Schroeder scores the game tying goal (18th) & go ahead goal (19th) 25 seconds apart in the 2nd period.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#893 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Eddie Lack with an off night? 4ga on 18 shots...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#894 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

23 shots, but yeah that seems strange, but i didn't see the shots, so i can't comment on their quality

anyway, here's the stats from the game last night:
 	2 	 Hunt, Brad		D	1	1	0	2	2
 	4 	 Sauve, Yann		D	0	0	0	0	0
C	5 	 Baumgartner, Nolan	D	0	2	0	0	0
 	6 	 Connauton, Kevin	D	0	0	+1	5	0
 	8 	 Henry, Jordan		D	0	0	+1	1	2
 	13 	 Davies, Michael	F	0	1	0	3	0
 	14 	 Miller, Tim		F	1	0	0	4	0
 	15 	 Rodin, Anton		F	0	0	0	2	0
 	18 	 Schroeder, Jordan	C	2	0	+2	5	0
A	20 	 Haydar, Darren		RW	0	0	-1	2	0
 	23 	 Sweatt, Bill		LW	0	1	+1	3	0
A	24 	 Mancari, Mark		RW	0	0	0	3	0
 	25 	 Matheson, Mark		D	0	1	-2	0	0
 	26 	 Clackson, Matt		LW	0	0	0	1	0
 	27 	 Roussel, Antoine	LW	0	0	-1	1	0
 	28 	 Schneider, Stefan	F	0	0	-1	0	0
 	29 	 Reinprecht, Steve	C	0	2	0	2	0
 	32 	 Bitz, Byron		RW	0	0	-1	0	0

31 	 Lack, Eddie		4	64:37	23	19	0
 	33 	 Climie, Matt		-	-	-	-	-

Scoring summary:
1. ABB Byron, (5) (Sylvester), 4:02	
1. CHI Miller, (18) (Reinprecht, Baumgartner), 12:23 (SH)	
1. ABB Jessiman, (25) (Nemisz, Carson), 13:16	
2. CHI Schroeder, (18) (Hunt, Matheson), 5:51	
2. CHI Schroeder, (19) (Davies, Sweatt), 6:16	
2. ABB Piskula, (3) (Carson, Aliu), 11:43	
2. ABB Kolanos, (23) (Howse, Walter), 14:17 (PP)	
3. CHI Hunt, (1) (Reinprecht, Baumgartner), 12:37 (PP)

stars:
1. CHI - 18 Jordan Schroeder
2. ABB - 19 Dustin Sylvester
3. CHI - 2 Brad Hunt

#895 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Brad Hunt with 2 points & 3rd star! Woo.

#896 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

i gotta admit, he's made quite the impact so far. good for him.

#897 Southern Mail

Southern Mail

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Will not be available when the Canucks typically pick, but Griffin Reinhart (Edmonton, WHL) is a Canucks fan and wants to be the next Shea Weber. Reminded me of Edler (but with a North American edge) in a draft preview video.

#898 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Will not be available when the Canucks typically pick, but Griffin Reinhart (Edmonton, WHL) is a Canucks fan and wants to be the next Shea Weber. Reminded me of Edler (but with a North American edge) in a draft preview video.

I get the feeling that if we get Tampa's 1st rounder it'll be down to him it Galchenyuk (if he's still available)

Blue Team

#899 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

I get the feeling that if we get Tampa's 1st rounder it'll be down to him it Galchenyuk (if he's still available)

OOO if we get Galchenyuk......DROOL. I'd rather have Forsberg though - Swedish lineage, better size and grit with as much skill IMO - if both are available with Tampa's 1st pick.

I'd love to see us draft a legit #1 franchise center with bottom 6 capabilities - not someone like Hodgson who has to play in an offensive role. I want someone like Datsyuk or Zetterberg who can be brought up slowly with a couple years on the 3rd line as a checker then become a solid 2-way top 6 forward.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#900 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

POPULAR

Gillis is gonna pull a Burke a la Sedin draft.

Trade Schneider + Raymond for Nail & then swap his own 1st round pick & his own 2nd and maybe one other piece for the Galchenyuk pick.

Then he is going to reunite the two Sting teammates on the Canucks.

:shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.