The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jensen is only 18 years old and therefore cannot play in the AHL yet based on the CHL agreement.

Grenier on the other hand was an over-ager playing in the OHL. So he has to go to either the Salmon kings, or the Wolves. Based on his skill and size though, I would guess that he goes to the wolves.

I'm no expert on the AHL, but aren't Flood and Weiman Moose property, and therefore go to St. John's next year? I also think Seabrook was loaned to the Moose from the Heat so he would likely either play in Abbotsford or St. John's next year.

The rest of your line-up looks pretty good. I think the Canucks will re-sign Bliznak and he'll likely center the third. It'd be interesting to see Schroeder and Rodin together, but I'm not sure if they'll move Schroeder back to center after playing mostly wing last year.

Does anybody know if the Wolves have any players under contract that they'll want to put in the line-up?

Matheson, Welch and Doell are Wolves property, at least, and signed for next season. Flood is a UFA awaiting NHL contract (will play for Leksand if he can't get one, rumour says), Weiman is a UFA. Seabrook will play where Calgary tells him to. Bliznak signed with Sparta Praha.

Volpatti is a top 6 guy in the AHL, at least that's where he played last year when he was down there.

Oh and Shirokov has a chance of being there too although not sure if he will re-sign and wether he would make the team.

Our fan site (it's not the "official site, but the one with the best, most knowledgeable fans) has been reporting that our affilation with the Canucks is a done deal. If you want to join in and meet some of the gang head over to www.wolfkeeper.org and say hi, eh?

Tad optimistic to think Rai will play AHL next season. Not much word about him all last season other than injury. No news of rehab. Kinda strange IMO.

ECHL Salmon Kings gone as well. You would think there would be another venue in the Lower Mainland where a ECHL team would fit.

Our fan site (it's not the "official site, but the one with the best, most knowledgeable fans) has been reporting that our affilation with the Canucks is a done deal. If you want to join in and meet some of the gang head over to www.wolfkeeper.org and say hi, eh?

Jensen is only 18 years old and therefore cannot play in the AHL yet based on the CHL agreement.

Grenier on the other hand was an over-ager playing in the OHL. So he has to go to either the Salmon kings, or the Wolves. Based on his skill and size though, I would guess that he goes to the wolves.

Why listen to Thrashers fans who say we can't develop talent? If they were such fans they'd still have a team in Atlanta...

If the rumors are true, welcome aboard. Will be nice to see how we deal with a "mature" NHL organization. I don't think it'll hurt the Wolves attendance-wise. The majority of weekend sales are for casual fans and groups, and the business side of the team is very aggressive on sales. The season ticket holders are a mixed bunch: some could care less who we're affiliated with as long as it's good hockey (which we've lacked for a few years with Atlanta), some die hard Chicago fans that may not make the jump because of the perceived hated of the Canucks in Chicago, and some that hated Atlanta was were ready to get out years ago.

FWIW, I could see the CBC scheduling alot more Wolves games in their AHL package, since we televise our entire schedule in Chicago, home and road.

If our farm team turns out to be the Chicago Wolves, I don't see a travel problem. Our call-ups will only have an hour or so longer plane trip than it was from Winnipeg to Vancouver. Hey, it's not like they'd have to travel by covered wagon!

Archived