Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

Speculation

• Please log in to reply
1495 replies to this topic

Poll: Connauton or Granani (198 member(s) have cast votes)

Which defenceman has more upside,or do You think will be a more valuable Defenceman in the future ?

1. 22 yr old Connauton (167 votes [84.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.34%

2. 25 yr old Gragnani (31 votes [15.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1411 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Good to see Archibald get a shot. Hopefully he and Blaine can help get their PP going.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#1412 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

If I haven't already mentioned it in this thread (and I don't think I have), I'm really happy Arniel's back coaching our farm team. Ultimately I want him to be our NHL coach once AVs contract is done.

Wow...........you know how to pick them!
Kevin.jpg

#1413 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Does anyone else think that the Wolves should sign Byron Bitz and dump Desbiens? I know Bitz screwed up in the playoffs but over only 10 games in the regular season he got 4 points and showed some decent offensive prowess. He's also more physical and better in all aspects of the game than Guillaume.

I don't like that the Canucks didn't try to re-sign him and I think he could have been given a better shot.

Edited by Hansen 36, 10 December 2012 - 12:18 AM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1414 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Does anyone else think that the Wolves should sign Byron Bitz and dump Desbiens? I know Bitz screwed up in the playoffs but over only 10 games in the regular season he got 4 points and showed some decent offensive prowess. He's also more physical and better in all aspects of the game than Guillaume.

I don't like that the Canucks didn't try to re-sign him and I think he could have been given a better shot.

If we are looking at players to bring back and make a difference then we should be talking about Mancari.........in fact I don't know why we let that guy go, I still think he might have worked in the Canucks 3rd/4th line.

As for Bitz.......imo no.
Kevin.jpg

#1415 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,880 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

If we are looking at players to bring back and make a difference then we should be talking about Mancari.........in fact I don't know why we let that guy go, I still think he might have worked in the Canucks 3rd/4th line.

Mancari was re signed by the Buffalo to play for Milwakee in the AHL. Not available.

I would like to see Bitz back as well. He is more mature and ready than some of our prospects. He would make a Kassian earn his job...

#1416 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Was just thinking that the Wolves (and/or Kalamanzoo) are going to get an influx of prospect defenseman come April-ish.

I'm guessing Tanev is the only D they will lose if lockout ends. Jeremy Price is in his final college yr and will need a Canucks contract in April. If McNally can't find another college, he'll need a Canucks contract soon. And Corrado will join the Wolves in April (Doesn't even take into account Henrik Tommernes) Anyone know what the Canucks contract # is at, under 50?

Edited by RunningWild, 12 December 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#1417 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Buffalo's affiliate is Rochester Americans...but Mancari regardless is struggling hard this year with only 3 goals when he had 25+ last season with the Wolves. Mancari is a predicament which is very interesting. Has the solid built and rough demeanor that could provide grit and toughness and chip in the odd goal. But this guy is another flake...looks tough but is far from it. Mancari was just a redundant player once Kassian was brought and Kassian is a tougher, more skilled and younger version and because Mancari rarely brough toughness which was sorely needed last year in Chicago, he got vetoed.

Now you may argue look how offensively inept the team is right now...well no one could have anticipated Haydar, Ebbett and co would be struggling so poorly to this point.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY, 12 December 2012 - 08:19 PM.

2moy3iq.png

#1418 AK_19

AK_19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I must say the point totals for our forward prospects are quite terrible. Eddie Lack's numbers look horrendous as well.

Edited by AK_19, 13 December 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#1419 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Was just thinking that the Wolves (and/or Kalamanzoo) are going to get an influx of prospect defenseman come April-ish.

I'm guessing Tanev is the only D they will lose if lockout ends. Jeremy Price is in his final college yr and will need a Canucks contract in April. If McNally can't find another college, he'll need a Canucks contract soon. And Corrado will join the Wolves in April (Doesn't even take into account Henrik Tommernes) Anyone know what the Canucks contract # is at, under 50?

I hope more people come to realize that suddenly we have a stable of good young RH D-men in the system - Tanev, Corrado and Price. I also like that the latter two will be turning pro this year. Can't wait till they join the Wolves.

As for McNally, I hope he turns pro right away. Taking a year off at this point would be a detriment to his career. He can always go back to Harvard anyway, can't he? Once you're in, you're in for life I thought.

#1420 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,530 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Bordeleau has been suspended for his assholic hit on sweatt last game.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Lake Erie Monsters left wing Patrick Bordeleau has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game vs. Chicago on Dec. 15.

Bordeleau will miss Lake Erie’s games Wednesday (Dec. 19) vs. Toronto and Thursday (Dec. 20) and Saturday (Dec. 22) vs. Houston.

#1421 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

For those who don't check the GDTs, the latest win over the Heat.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#1422 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

We should fire Arniel.

And also we should have kept Gragnani rather than signing Mullen, Grags has 14 Points in 20 games for Charlotte.

zackass.png

#1423 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Why dont Arniel put more canucks prospect instead of AHL/fourth line players in the lineup and give Schroeder some consistent linemates that has some skilled and size......dont break them up

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#1424 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,497 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

OFFICIAL RELEASE: Wolves Sign Alexandre Grenier:

GRENIER skated in 25 games with Salzburg EC of the Austrian League during his professional debut this season, posting 5 goals, 13 points, and 21 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning pro, the 21-year-old forward played two seasons in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts and the Halifax Mooseheads. Last season, he ranked second on Halifax with 39 assists and 64 points in 64 games. He also ranked third on the Mooseheads with 25 goals.

The Laval, Quebec, native spent the 2010-11 campaign with Quebec and recorded 15 assists and 24 points in 31 contests. Overall, he registered 34 goals, 54 assists, and 88 points in 95 career QMJHL tilts from 2010-12.

In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://chicagowolves...exandre-grenier

307mg00.jpg

#1425 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,497 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

@platour68
#ChicagoWolves announced the recall of C Kenton Miller from Missouri of CHL. The rookie had 12G, 11A and 23 points in 27 games with Mavs.

307mg00.jpg

#1426 ArmchairCanuckGM

ArmchairCanuckGM

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Are the wolves going to be even worse due to Canucks training camp, plus possibly losing a few of their best players due to them joining the Canucks for the rest of the season (Ebbet, Tanev, Kassian, Schroeder)
Why people read signatures:
  • It is an acceptable way to stare at women.
  • Allows people to have a counter-argument by insulting what is in a persons signature (pooh-pooh fallacy).
  • Allows people to show that they like a man and they put colourful things around the picture of a man(usually a hockey player :P).
  • To watch a funny GIF or a funny pic.
  • Funny Quote or Saying
So I have no clue why are you reading my signature!

#1427 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Are the wolves going to be even worse due to Canucks training camp, plus possibly losing a few of their best players due to them joining the Canucks for the rest of the season (Ebbet, Tanev, Kassian, Schroeder)

If they lose Kassian, Schroeder and Tanev I'd say they take a big hit, but some other AHL teams like Oklahoma and Houston might get it even worse.

#1428 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Wolves have recalled Polasek and signed Eric Kattelus (a forward also from Kalamazoo). Grenier gets sent down to the K-wings, maybe conditioning and evaluation first?

Chicago Makes Roster Moves

The Chicago Wolves have signed forward Eric Kattelus and defenseman Adam Polasek has been reassigned from the ECHL’s Kalamazoo Wings to the Wolves. In addition, Chicago has assigned right wing Alexandre Grenier to the K-Wings.

KATTELUS shares first on Kalamazoo with 13 goals and leads the team with 32 points in 34 games this season during his third professional campaign. His 32 points this season already has matched his point output in 68 contests with the K-Wings last year.

Overall, the 25-year-old forward has amassed 24 goals, 47 assists, and 71 points in 127 ECHL tilts with Kalamazoo and the Cincinnati Cyclones from 2010-present.

POLASEK has registered 4 goals, 8 points, and 37 penalty minutes in 34 games with the K-Wings this year during his second professional season.

The 21-year-old defenseman collected 9 points (G, 8A) and a +8 plus/minus rating in 46 games with the Wolves as a rookie during the 2011-12 campaign.

GRENIER, who was signed by Chicago on Jan. 5, skated in 25 games with Salzburg EC of the Austrian League during his professional debut this season, posting 5 goals, 13 points, and 21 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning pro, the 21-year-old forward played two seasons in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts and the Halifax Mooseheads. Last season, he ranked second on Halifax with 39 assists and 64 points in 64 games. He also ranked third on the Mooseheads with 25 goals.

The Wolves travel to British Columbia for two games against the Abbotsford Heat beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11. For more information or to buy tickets to Wolves home games, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.

The word is Ebbett, Schroeder, Kassian, Tanev and Connauton all called up to camp and won't play on the weekend against the Heat, so they needed the numbers.

Edited by elvis15, 08 January 2013 - 01:26 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1429 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

@Chicago_Wolves The #chicagowolves have arrived 2 the rink in Abby and a new player has joined them. D-Man Jeremie Blain has been recalled from Idaho (ECHL)

Blain is a 20 year old, 6'2", 195lb, RH defenceman, he has 6g, 12a and is a +8 in 30 games in the ECHL this year with Idaho, along with 22pim.

Edited by elvis15, 10 January 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#1430 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Bad and good for me... Glad the NHL is back but I'm going to the Wolves game tomorrow and not sure who's going to still be down there that's interesting to watch now... LOL

On a side note, I guess I get to see Lack play for the first time...

Edited by Viking13, 10 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

#1431 J-rome

J-rome

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Bad and good for me... Glad the NHL is back but I'm going to the Wolves game tomorrow and not sure who's going to still be down there that's interesting to watch now... LOL

On a side note, I guess I get to see Lack play for the first time...

We wont see Lack either he is out hurt. Climie is the goalie right now
Go Canucks Go!!!

#1432 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Anton Rodin, Peter Andersson, Darren Archibald, Alex Friesen, Bill Sweatt, Yann Sauve, Adam Polasek...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1433 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Anton Rodin, Peter Andersson, Darren Archibald, Alex Friesen, Bill Sweatt, Yann Sauve, Adam Polasek...

Yup, I was hoping we'd get to see Grenier as well, but no luck there. I think Rodin has the most to prove, with Friesen and Sauve also trying to show they deserved a more regular spot even when there were more players down. Andersson, Archibald and Sweatt will have an opportunity to step into a larger role, and we'll finally get to see Polasek this year (perhaps showcasing some of his physical play).

I'll be at the Friday game and will watch the Saturday game on TV, but still a fair number of our prospects playing to keep it interesting.

#1434 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,583 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'll be there tomorrow night with a whole bunch of co-workers, row 4 behind the Heat bench, we'll all have Canucks jerseys on, cant wait
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#1435 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Poor Wolves are without their top players and training camp doesn't start until Sunday. It's a shame they can't play the heat tomorrow or sat. Afterall they are in Abby
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#1436 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Poor Wolves are without their top players and training camp doesn't start until Sunday. It's a shame they can't play the heat tomorrow or sat. Afterall they are in Abby

it would be an ever bigger shame if they got hurt playing in abby the day before training camp...

#1437 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'll be there tomorrow night with a whole bunch of co-workers, row 4 behind the Heat bench, we'll all have Canucks jerseys on, cant wait

Nice, I bought later than I did for the last time they came to Abby, but still got row 1 right beside the Wolves bench.

#1438 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Some recalls for at least the Wednesday game while a number of players are up with the Canucks:

theshaves The Wolves have recalled reinforcements Forwards Alex Mallet & Alexandre Grenier along w/ Dman John Negrin from Kzoo ECHL join the team.
the Wolves also recall Goalie Mathieu Corbeil from Missouri of the CHL. He attended Wolves camp & was originally a Blue Jackets draft pick

Nice to see Mallet and Grenier up, too bad they weren't up for the games on the weekend so we could see them play. As you'd expect, a goalie callup while Cannata's at camp and Lack is still rehabbing.

EDIT: Official release:

The Chicago Wolves have recalled right wing Alexandre Grenier and defenseman John Negrin from the ECHL’s Kalamazoo Wings and goaltender Mathieu Corbeil from the Central Hockey League’s Missouri Mavericks. In addition, the Vancouver Canucks have reassigned center Alex Mallet from Kalamazoo to the Wolves.

GRENIER, who was signed by Chicago on Jan. 5, has posted three assists and a +4 plus/minus rating in three outings with Kalamazoo after being assigned to the K-Wings on Jan. 8. The 21-year-old forward also skated in 25 games with Salzburg EC of the Austrian League during his professional debut this season, posting 5 goals, 13 points, and 21 penalty minutes.

Prior to turning pro, the Laval, Quebec, native played two seasons in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts and the Halifax Mooseheads. Last season, he ranked second on Halifax with 39 assists and 64 points in 64 games. He also ranked third on the Mooseheads with 25 goals.

MALLET has amassed 5 goals and 10 points in 17 games with the K-Wings after being reassigned there from the Wolves on Dec. 4, 2012. The 20-year-old forward also has skated in 13 games with the Wolves this season during his professional debut, accruing seven penalty minutes.

The Amqui, Quebec, native posted career-highs with 34 goals, 47 assists, 81 points, and 132 penalty minutes in 68 QMJHL games with Rimouski Oceanic last season. He ranked first on Rimouski with 34 goals and 132 penalty minutes and second on the squad with 47 assists and 81 points.

NEGRIN has tallied 4 points (G, 3A) and 24 penalty minutes in 32 games with the K-Wings this season.

The 23-year-old forward has appeared in 109 American Hockey League tilts from 2009-12, collecting 25 points (5G, 20A) with Abbotsford and St. John’s. He also accrued an assist in three National Hockey League tilts with the Calgary Flames in 2008-09.

CORBEIL has appeared in nine CHL contests with the Mavericks during his rookie year this season, recording a 3-6 mark with a 2.79 goals-against average and .908 save percentage.

The 21-year-old netminder led the QMJHL with a career-high 37 victories and a 2.38 goals-against average, while sharing fourth in the league with a .911 save percentage in 48 outings with the Saint John Sea Dogs last season. He posted a 37-10-1 record and also ranked first in the QMJHL with six shutouts.

The Wolves open a three-game homestand at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 16, when they host the Texas Stars at the Allstate Arena.

Edited by elvis15, 14 January 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#1439 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,530 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

The Chicago Wolves have reassigned right wing Alexandre Grenier and defenseman John Negrin to the ECHL’s Kalamazoo Wings and goaltender Mathieu Corbeil to the Central Hockey League’s Missouri Mavericks. In addition, the Vancouver Canucks have reassigned centerAlex Mallet from the Wolves to Kalamazoo. Forward Trent Daavettila was released from his Professional Tryout Contract (PTO).

#1440 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Anyone have thoughts on where vandermeer slots in? i'd like to see him with connauton. he could use some lessons that vandy could teach IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.