The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No kidding. We honestly couldn't do any worse on the Powerplay with a Wolves unit out there.

And it's not like this hasn't been a problem for a while. The PP has been struggling for a couple months now. There was plenty of time to call up some of our prospects and get a look at what they could bring.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't want to subtract players from the Wolves' lineup. Come on, it's not like a couple rookies are going to come up and change this series around for the Canucks. I'd rather just see how the Canucks' series goes and whatever happens, happens. Leave the Wolves alone so they can compete for the Calder Cup with a full lineup.

FYI:

The Wolves won their division and finished 3rd in the Western Conference so they will play the 6th ranked San Antonio Rampage, the Florida Panthers' affiliate, in the first round of the Calder Cup playoffs. Game 1 is tomorrow at 7:00 CDT (5:00 PST) in San Antonio. In the AHL, the team with home ice advantage gets to choose where they start the series, which is why the series is starting in San Antonio and not Chicago. I'm not sure why the Wolves decided to start their series on the road but whatever.

Top 5 scorers for each team:

San Antonio

Jon Matsumoto - 76 GP, 23 goals, 37 assists, 60 points

Bill Thomas - 65 GP, 27 goals, 25 assists, 52 points

Bracken Kearns - 69 GP, 22 goals, 30 assists, 52 points

Mark Cullen - 58 GP, 10 goals, 37 assists, 47 points

Greg Rallo - 72 GP, 22 goals, 20 assists, 42 points

Chicago

Mark Mancari - 69 GP, 30 goals, 28 assists, 58 points

Darren Haydar - 70 GP, 21 goals, 36 assists, 57 points

Jordan Schroeder - 76 GP, 21 goals, 23 assists, 44 points

Steve Reinprecht - 62 GP, 13 goals, 30 assists, 43 points

Tim Miller - 75 GP, 19 goals, 19 assists, 38 points

Goalies:

San Antonio

Dov Grumet-Morris - 34 GP, 19-13-1, 2.33 GAA, .921 Save%, 3 shutouts

Jacob Markstrom - 32 GP, 17-12-1, 2.32 GAA, .927 Save%, 1 shutout

Chicago

Eddie Lack - 46 GP, 21-20-3, 2.31 GAA, .925 Save%, 4 shutouts

Matt Climie - 32 GP, 20-11-0, 2.52 GAA, .920 Save%, 1 shutout

FYI:

The Wolves won their division and finished 3rd in the Western Conference so they will play the 6th ranked San Antonio Rampage, the Florida Panthers' affiliate, in the first round of the Calder Cup playoffs. Game 1 is tomorrow at 7:00 CDT (5:00 PST) in San Antonio. In the AHL, the team with home ice advantage gets to choose where they start the series, which is why the series is starting in San Antonio and not Chicago. I'm not sure why the Wolves decided to start their series on the road but whatever.

they started on the road because it's a best of 5 series and they only have to travel once if it goes to 5 games, instead of travelling twice (a big deal for AHL teams, especially when some of them are separated by a long distance; 5/8 series are doing the same as the wolves). plus if they sweep they can finish it at home, which is always more exciting.

Alright under certain sets of circumstances:

Trade Schneider to Tampa for their 1st+:

1st round:

10th OA: Griffin Reinhart

26-30th OA: Dalton Thrower or Ludvig Bystrom, whoever is available. If both are gone then Colton Sissons.

2nd Round: Tim Bozon or Henrik Samuelsson

5th round: Cain Franson*

6th round: Give the pick to Gradin

7th: some random

If we get Columbus' pick then draft BPA

Edit: Hahaha got Fransoo mixed up with Franson :P

Alright under certain sets of circumstances:

Trade Schneider to Tampa for their 1st+:

1st round:

10th OA: Griffin Reinhart

26-30th OA: Dalton Thrower or Ludvig Bystrom, whoever is available. If both are gone then Colton Sissons.

2nd Round: Tim Bozon or Henrik Samuelsson

5th round: Jordan Fransoo

6th round: Give the pick to Gradin

7th: some random

If we get Columbus' pick then draft BPA

Notable names from the San Antonio Rampage (Florida's Farm team):

Justin Vaive - Son of former Canuck great Rick Vaive. Not as prominent, though. 0pts in just 15gp.

Bracken Kearns - Son of former Canuck Dennis Kearns.

Tyler Ludwig - Son of former Canuck Craig Ludwig.

Dale Tallon - GM of the Panthers. He's the guy we drafted when we lost our first draft lottery.

Evan Oberg - Former Canuck college signing is no longer there. Now in Tampa's system.

Angelo Esposito - Former top prospect turned bust. Also no longer there.

Keith Seabrook - Yup, Brent's brother

Wacey Rabbit and Michal Repik - Former Vancouver Giants.

I've watched a lot of Teuvo Teräväinen and this kid is pretty amazing, he makes everyone look silly every shift with his great puck control and hands, he has a great shot and he is pretty fast. His playmaking abilities are fantastic and I think hes going to be better then Grigorenko and possibly even Yakupov IMO.

Archived