The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

BoKnowsHockey

One thing I dislike: that the controller shakes with every hit. The first time it happened I was like whoa big hit, but then I hit a bunch more times and realized it was equal vibrations to every hit. Hope they change that. Large hits should make large shakes, and small hits should barely shake at all.

Oh man I wish there was instant replay in the demo. I'm playing goalie in play now, and I go behind my net to grab the puck that was just dumped in, and I get bumped by one Boston player, then Bergeron comes in and hits me and falls down, and I fall down right on top of him.. Hilarious, but no penalties were called..

I was told from a friend who works at EA that this is an earlier build of the game, not the final product so expect there to be more tweaks and such. The game feels a lot more realistic and I for one, like it a lot. No longer can you just toe drag around the defenceman for a breakaway and go forehand backhand shelf every time. You actually have to have a bit of hockey sense to score, and it makes the game a lot more challenging. I remember absolutely hating NHL 11 during the demo, but in the end it was fantastic. It's a demo, wait until the full release to judge!

Archived