Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3488 replies to this topic

#1501 23•Qwerty

23•Qwerty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

Offline is much deeper than online.
Posted Image

#1502 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Online versus mode. That is all.
Posted Image

#1503 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,299 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

I mostly play OTP and OVP. Sometimes Online Shootout.

307mg00.jpg

#1504 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

HUT & OVP can get boring after a while, I have to play em periodically. I only play BAP to unlock boosts, might play it more this year. EASHL and beaGM are the most fun IMO

#1505 BoKnowsHockey

BoKnowsHockey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

I mostly play OTP and OVP. Sometimes Online Shootout.

All I did when I had online was play shootout. It's the best because no one quits
Posted Image
Credit to the sig goes to Kesler's Happy Dance

Hey all, to keep this thread from getting locked, I will attempt to be discreet with what I am asking so the younger posters who may stumble across this thread back out of it not sure what to think.

So I am going camping with my girlfriend and a couple friends in a few days. Now, I know my girlfriend will want to play on the playground quite a few times each day, and we are going for 3 days. However, we will be drinking liquor during these three days, and it might make it hard for myself to play on the playground. That's not the worry though, the worry is, how do I stay on the playground for a respectable amount of time? I've heard from some male friends that liquor makes it easier to stay on the playground longer, but getting to the playground may come sooner than expected. So what are some things I can do to make sure that be-fore playing and the actual playing on the playground doesn't end too soon?

#1506 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

I don't understand how people can play offline so much!

Pretty fun having Doughty, Weber, Parise, Ryan, Wheeler, RNH, Larsson and Cowen on the Canucks.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#1507 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Pretty fun having Doughty, Weber, Parise, Ryan, Wheeler, RNH, Larsson and Cowen on the Canucks.

Oh jeez, i don't find stacking my team to be fun at all. I enjoy playing realistically, i mean what's the point in playing when you're stacking your team so much you never lose.

Posted Image

#1508 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

Oh jeez, i don't find stacking my team to be fun at all. I enjoy playing realistically, i mean what's the point in playing when you're stacking your team so much you never lose.

That's where the salary cap comes in.

#1509 Mufasa

Mufasa

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

i enjoy playing offline more than online. the reason is i like the way i can adjust the sliders to my liking. im not that bad online i just dont like the slower pace sliders and everything always seems delayed in versus. ill play eashl for a little bit but then it gets boring, HUT jus sucks, boring. ill prob only play Be a Gm, the furthest i got is like the year 22/23 in nhl 11, im still not sold on be a pro, its a good idea just they havent done it properly yet.
RIP - Rick Rypien
PSN - BthaKing

#1510 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Well they ask for so damn much it's a pretty fun challenge keeping them all together.

I also didn't pick Myers since it would've been overkill on my D.Posted Image

Edited by NightHawkSniper, 30 August 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#1511 HockeyNut30

HockeyNut30

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Anyone else have their demo freeze? I've had mine freeze on two separate occasions, hopefully it's just something inexplicable and not a sign of things to come.

Posted Image

#1512 Rozzy

Rozzy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Anyone else have their demo freeze? I've had mine freeze on two separate occasions, hopefully it's just something inexplicable and not a sign of things to come.

I've had it freeze 3 or 4 times so far.

Posted Image

Q-----U-----E-----E-----N-----S-----O-----F-----T-----H-----E-----S-----T-----O-----N-----E-----A-----G-----E

#1513 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

I have never had the demo freeze yet.

Also, in past NHL games I've played BeAGM for the most part and rarely played online. I've played lots of EASHL in the past month or two and expect myself to be a huge EASHLer for NHL 12. Whether it be on my buddy's team or the CDC team, I really don't mind. Although for my buddy's team there is only 3 of us, 2 wingers and a D.

I will probably play BeAPro a little bit also since it seems like it's a lot less repetitive and boring. Being able to sim until your next shift is a huge step up. The most games I've ever played in BeAPro was this year where I played maybe 20 games.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#1514 Rozzy

Rozzy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

I have never had the demo freeze yet.

Also, in past NHL games I've played BeAGM for the most part and rarely played online. I've played lots of EASHL in the past month or two and expect myself to be a huge EASHLer for NHL 12. Whether it be on my buddy's team or the CDC team, I really don't mind. Although for my buddy's team there is only 3 of us, 2 wingers and a D.

I will probably play BeAPro a little bit also since it seems like it's a lot less repetitive and boring. Being able to sim until your next shift is a huge step up. The most games I've ever played in BeAPro was this year where I played maybe 20 games.

What position do you usually play in EASHL?

Posted Image

Q-----U-----E-----E-----N-----S-----O-----F-----T-----H-----E-----S-----T-----O-----N-----E-----A-----G-----E

#1515 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

What position do you usually play in EASHL?

Usually RW. LW is fine though, and so is C. :lol:
Preferably RW, I was a RW during the playtest also where Notorious and I had some good chemistry.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1516 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,534 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

Agreed. When I play Be a GM, I rarely tinker the roster, play highest difficulty, with salary cap.

EHRHOFF WATCH 2015/16
rsz_0121christian_ehrhoff_jeff_vinnicknh

#1517 Rozzy

Rozzy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Usually RW. LW is fine though, and so is C. :lol:
Preferably RW, I was a RW during the playtest also where Notorious and I had some good chemistry.

We've got 4 LW's, 2 RW's and I'm the only Centre lol. Sometimes we switch it up but those are the main positions.

Posted Image

#1518 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

We've got 4 LW's, 2 RW's and I'm the only Centre lol. Sometimes we switch it up but those are the main positions.

I would much rather stick to RW. If I'm a Centre and I lose faceoffs I don't want to get blamed for it. :lol: Also losing faceoffs impacts the grades you get. Also....I would rather put the stats into something else other than faceoffs.

I guess we can all just make a Winger and a Centre since it's different attributes for each position now.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1519 BoKnowsHockey

BoKnowsHockey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

Agreed. When I play Be a GM, I rarely tinker the roster, play highest difficulty, with salary cap.

I think tinkering is just a beginner thing. When I started my team 5 years down the road only had like Kesler and Volpatti as the original canucks from the start (On the big club)

But last time I played I had like 10-12
Posted Image

Hey all, to keep this thread from getting locked, I will attempt to be discreet with what I am asking so the younger posters who may stumble across this thread back out of it not sure what to think.

So I am going camping with my girlfriend and a couple friends in a few days. Now, I know my girlfriend will want to play on the playground quite a few times each day, and we are going for 3 days. However, we will be drinking liquor during these three days, and it might make it hard for myself to play on the playground. That's not the worry though, the worry is, how do I stay on the playground for a respectable amount of time? I've heard from some male friends that liquor makes it easier to stay on the playground longer, but getting to the playground may come sooner than expected. So what are some things I can do to make sure that be-fore playing and the actual playing on the playground doesn't end too soon?

#1520 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

pretty unrealistic...
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#1521 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I don't know if this has been asked before so here it goes...are they fixing the ridiculously overinflated contract demands for NHL 12?

Posted Image

#1522 BoKnowsHockey

BoKnowsHockey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

I don't know if this has been asked before so here it goes...are they fixing the ridiculously overinflated contract demands for NHL 12?

Yep, and thank god they are
Posted Image

#1523 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Yep, and thank god they are

Ya for sure, it is so stupid how guys like Stamkos and Malkin etc are always stuck in Free Agency. For me, Malkin was in Free Agency for 5 years and then retired. You would think he would lower his price. :lol:

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1524 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

pretty unrealistic...

It's a game, if I wanted realistic I'd wait till I can watch the Canucks play.

#1525 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

One problem I have with this game is that it's too easy to breakout of your zone. You can zip passes through too easily. Oh and many of the goaltender interference calls are completely wrong and it seems that the puck is on a string the entire time you're stick handling. Otherwise, it's fine

#1526 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

One problem I have with this game is that it's too easy to breakout of your zone. You can zip passes through too easily. Oh and many of the goaltender interference calls are completely wrong and it seems that the puck is on a string the entire time you're stick handling. Otherwise, it's fine

I've played the demo a lot and haven't seen goalie interference yet. Well, I've seen it I guess...but I haven't seen it called.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1527 Ryan Kesler's Snipe

Ryan Kesler's Snipe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

I've played the demo a lot and haven't seen goalie interference yet. Well, I've seen it I guess...but I haven't seen it called.

i get goalie interference all the time :/
Posted Image In Hodgson we trust

In 2012, a hero will rise

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the sick sig!

#1528 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

I only got it once after the whistle.. Thomas layed down to cover the puck as I skated over him lol

#1529 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

Ya for sure, it is so stupid how guys like Stamkos and Malkin etc are always stuck in Free Agency. For me, Malkin was in Free Agency for 5 years and then retired. You would think he would lower his price. :lol:

Edler retired after being FA for 2 years in my be a GM .

#1530 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

I've had the computer been called for goalie interference and I have as well, it doesn't happen a lot in the NHL so I'd have to say it's pretty realistic.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.