The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rioting in Vancouver Tonight

DonLever

Now, by far, I'm not at ALL surprised by this chaotic fiasco. Looting, shattering windows, flipping over cars and even trucks from what I've heard, We all know that there are idiots and douchebags in our city, you've seen them on the streets, perhaps you're even unfortunately associated with some in some crazy way. What pisses me off about this the most are the spectators. GO HOME. "LOLOLOL THIS IS AWESOME JUST SAW TWO GUYS BREAK A FREAKING WINDOW HOLY CRAP MANNN!" Don't tweet and text that horse**** around, again, GO HOME. I want you guys to all know that these guys aren't fans, they were only excited for these successful playoffs so they could start their rowdy "parties." It's disappointing to see that spectators also choose to cheer on these criminals and idiots. When you got idiots like these massing up together around streets filled with bars, crap like this is inevitable.

For you teens like me who wonder why public intoxication is illegal and why the drinking age is put up so high (well I don't think so, but some I'm sure do). Yeah this is why.

You know why the police sometimes get so aggressive? Because this **** happens. All the controversy about police being charged for assault, etc. Yeah because this **** happens. Idiots like these have given a negative impression towards the police. It all connects, it's cause and affect guys. It's like waking up a massive bear. Throw a bottle at the police? That's going to come back at you with raging fierceness in the form of a baton or a riot shield...or even a tazer.

Good luck to the police, and I hope people come back home unharmed and safe. I was lucky to immediately leave after the game. As soon as I lined up into Granville station, people around me we're already getting tweets about how the rioting started.

Yeah, sorry for the loads of profanity, but when expressing the anger I have towards this, I think it is necessary.

Let's show the rest of the world the true fans of Vancouver, help out tomorrow, I'll definitely be going after I finish my finals. Let's help out CDC!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=219286898091948&notif_t=event_invite

Join the clean-up! Let's redeem ourselves.

That might be going a little far. No one deserves to get stabbed,beat, or killed for wearing a rivals jersey. It's not being stupid, you should be able to be safe at a rivals sporting event wearing a shirt are jersey of the opposing team.

Archived