The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rioting in Vancouver Tonight

DonLever

They won't be trashed away. I believe the City has plans to relocate them nearby...just don't know where yet.

But in the long-term, I'd like to see these pieces be given to the Art Gallery or Vancouver Museum.

Looking at those boards, and the reaction, I gotta say that it looks almost as if a thousand people died from a terrorist attack right here in the city.

I saw a comment on youtube from a poster who had the idea to have the rioters say sorry to the canucks players and managment in front of them I think it a great idea as this may help everyone to heal what to you think I was at home on game 7 day and I was born and raise in vancouver and saw both the 1994 and 2011 riots and I am sick by both of them thanks

^^so these people get to destroy our city and now they get to meet our players in person?! DREAM ON! laugh.gif

these guys are dbags and criminals. They don't deserve to be around our players. :) They need to go do some community work, grow up and treat others with respect.

edit: also, the people they need to apologize to are the owners of the stores they looted/vandalized, car owners of the cars they lit on fire/destroyed and the rest of the city. These idiots should be paying for the peoples property that they destroyed. That's how you say sorry, not by apologizing to a hockey team.

They won't be trashed away. I believe the City has plans to relocate them nearby...just don't know where yet.

But in the long-term, I'd like to see these pieces be given to the Art Gallery or Vancouver Museum.

Looking at those boards, and the reaction, I gotta say that it looks almost as if a thousand people died from a terrorist attack right here in the city.

They may not be destroying police cars or looting but they are taking advantage of the lawlessness and chaos to impose their own idea of justice with their fists. Like Aixtek said, resorting to vigilantism is exactly what the instigators of the riots, the anarchists want. Its best not let them win and instead have the authorities handle it.

First of all, what's with all the nonsense about vigilante justice? The VPD themselves have asked for people's help by sending in pictures and videos. If I am following instructions from the actual authorities instead of some random internet philosophers, then it's not vigilantism.

Anyways, somewhere out there Ukranian_Canuck must be laughing his head off. What happened on Wednesday proved he's right. Way too many thugs in North America compared to Asia or Europe. Punks going around randomly damaging property and vandalizing. It's quite shameful.

First of all, what's with all the nonsense about vigilante justice? The VPD themselves have asked for people's help by sending in pictures and videos. If I am following instructions from the actual authorities instead of some random internet philosophers, then it's not vigilantism.

Anyways, somewhere out there Ukranian_Canuck must be laughing his head off. What happened on Wednesday proved he's right. Way too many thugs in North America compared to Asia or Europe. Punks going around randomly damaging property and vandalizing. It's quite shameful.

I'm not the one firing them, nor am I the one expelling them. if the employer/principal thinks it's good enough evidence, they'll do what's right.

There's pressure all over the place - if the employer/principal is good, then I trust that they'll make the right choice in the end, whether that means expelling/firing said individual, or letting them back in.

Like I said, it's the principal and employer making the last call. We as lobbyists of course have certain biases.

We're not taking matters into our own hands though - do you see reports of angry mobs lynching Jason Li or Nathan Kotylak? No.

Freedom of information and speech has a line - we are all welcome to our opinions, but these "online vigilantes" HAVE had a PHYSICAL effect on those they feel are responsible for what happened.

Sure, they didn't kick the perpetrators in the teeth, sure they didn't burn cars or smash the windows of their home - but they have gotten people fired, expelled and who knows what else.

Archived