b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

5,338 posts in this topic

Nope, guess not. Glad to see he got a goal though.

5 points in 3 games now. Not too shabby.

The Danish goalie looks like he had a great game, 42 saves!

EDIT: NVM, looks like they tied it afterall....

5 points in 2 games.

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/roster/show/id/8913

Oh, I guess I was confused. They had his stats as 2GP before that game was even over, so I assumed that was the third game.

Even better then. It would appear that Jensen may be ready to dominate the OHL. I would even like to see him get a few games in the regular season if he can prove himself in camp.

Oh, I guess I was confused. They had his stats as 2GP before that game was even over, so I assumed that was the third game.

Even better then. It would appear that Jensen may be ready to dominate the OHL. I would even like to see him get a few games in the regular season if he can prove himself in camp.

it would be nice, if we have room for him.

I would think so as well because I think that he would also have better linemates in the OHL than in Denmark's U20 team, leading to further development and possibly better PPG.

Edited by Dasein

I would think so as well because I think that he would also have better linemates in the OHL than in Denmark's U20 team, leading to further development and possibly better PPG.

Definitely. He plays on the same team as Jenner and Lessio, who were 1st and 2nd round picks this year.

Hopefully he can play on the same line with them and rip it up.:)

What are some realistic expectations for Jensen this year for the Generals 40 goals, 75 points?

I'm expecting 40 goals and 80+ points. He had 29 goals and 58 points in 61 games. So seeing as he was 1 goal away from 30 in his rookie year, I'm expecting 40 this season, and 80+ points because he will be playing with some very good linemates.

Firstly, his center is Boone Jenner (66 points) - a 2nd round pick from this year's draft - and his other linemate is Lucas Lessio (54 points) - another 2nd round pick from this year's draft.

All 3 guys are big, skate well, and are a mix of hardworking grit and skill. Jensen brings the skill component, as he is the goal scorer. Should be a great year for Jensen.

I'm expecting 40 goals and 80+ points. He had 29 goals and 58 points in 61 games. So seeing as he was 1 goal away from 30 in his rookie year, I'm expecting 40 this season, and 80+ points because he will be playing with some very good linemates.

Sounds amazing for the next year, what are your expectations on how many points that line will produce?

Firstly, his center is Boone Jenner (66 points) - a 2nd round pick from this year's draft - and his other linemate is Lucas Lessio (54 points) - another 2nd round pick from this year's draft.

All 3 guys are big, skate well, and are a mix of hardworking grit and skill. Jensen brings the skill component, as he is the goal scorer. Should be a great year for Jensen.

Edited by Kent242

^ won't let me edit, I replied saying. (sounds amazing how many points do you think that line will produce.)

i'm hoping/expecting jensen gets at least a point a game.

^ won't let me edit, I replied saying. (sounds amazing how many points do you think that line will produce.)

I have no idea. But it could easily become one of the best lines in the OHL next season.

I think the top point producing line in the OHL will be the Galchenyuk - Yakupov combo (both 2012 draft eligibles - yes, they're that good). And if Ryan Strome doesn't make the Islanders, then his line will be second.

Jensen's line may not be the most point producing line, but it could certainly end up being the best because of his center Boone Jenner. Jenner is a Ryan Kesler type player that works extremely hard and can shut down other top line players while putting up points of his own, and that's what wins championships. Add that with Jensen's skills, and you have a deadly combination.

Jensen's line may not be the most point producing line, but it could certainly end up being the best because of his center Boone Jenner. Jenner is a Ryan Kesler type player that works extremely hard and can shut down other top line players while putting up points of his own, and that's what wins championships. Add that with Jensen's skills, and you have a deadly combination.

Sounds awesome, I haven't followed OHL a lot but I certainly will this year.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Kent242

Jensen got Denmark U20 team's only goal today vs. Rimouski Oceanic.

It was another shorthanded goal, his second of the tour, unassisted. Very nice. He had 10 shots on goal (most of either team), a penalty and two hits.

Jensen has [4 goals, 2 assists, 23 shots, 3 hits, 8 pims, +2] in 3 games of the Denmark tour of QMJHL so far. Not bad. He is dominating.

With his size and skill, Denmark's best ever prospect may make it to NHL sooner than most of our past prospects, especially with Burrows, Raymond, Samuelsson, Higgins and Sturm coming off the books in the next two years.

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/schedule/show/game/60891

117271787_display_image.jpg?1309307716

I love that he's scoring shorties too, it shows some good 2-way potential in the future with the Wolves and Canucks.

I love that he's scoring shorties too, it shows some good 2-way potential in the future with the Wolves and Canucks.

Me to, it shows the coach wants him for the pk and top line minutes, great addition ;)

Me to, it shows the coach wants him for the pk and top line minutes, great addition ;)

it also shows he's one of the few talented players they have. :emot-parrot:

hopefully he'll follow in Kesler's footsteps, it would be nice to have a new Kesler in our system.

I don't really see the Kesler comparison. Kesler is a centre with world class defensive acumen and competitive drive. He had to work on his stick handling and shot, but was a naturally strong, fast and positional player. Jensen is a winger, he does display similar physical characteristics as Kesler now, but I don't think he will end up very similar to the Kesler mold in the long run. Jensen is a good skater (not great like Kesler), already has a wicked shot, and is rounding out his defensive and physical game as displayed by the shorthanded goals he is scoring.

I would see Jensen's top end comparables:

If he stays fairly soft and doesn't use his frame: Loui Eriksson, Thomas Vanek

If he develops his physical game: Bobby Ryan, Johan Franzen

I don't see Kesler in him. My comparison pre-draft was always Jeff Carter. Skating stride is similar, Carter played a lot on the wing the past two years in Philly, can play both sides. Both have great shots; fast release and heavy. Both natural goal-scorers, OHL point production similar so far and should have a similar in the NHL point projection as the top end if Jensen's game can translate, but that's my speculation. Both have similar size, but aren't overly physical.

Both have a tendency to disappear at times and "float"; consistency. But on their game, they become a 2-way beast.

But heres the differences: Carter uses his body to shield the puck better than Jensen at the same age, better defensively, and better on the forecheck. Jensen is a slightly better dangler, very slight.

I don't see Kesler in him. My comparison pre-draft was always Jeff Carter. Skating stride is similar, Carter played a lot on the wing the past two years in Philly, can play both sides. Both have great shots; fast release and heavy. Both natural goal-scorers, OHL point production similar so far and should have a similar in the NHL point projection as the top end if Jensen's game can translate, but that's my speculation. Both have similar size, but aren't overly physical.

Both have a tendency to disappear at times and "float"; consistency. But on their game, they become a 2-way beast.

But heres the differences: Carter uses his body to shield the puck better than Jensen at the same age, better defensively, and better on the forecheck. Jensen is a slightly better dangler, very slight.

I considered Carter but all the time his play at Centre turned me away. I do see the comparison, it is very close.

Does he have any more games remaining that he needs to play?

Seems like this kids been playing 3 games in 4 nights these past 4 days. Hope he doesn't burn out or get injured - he's got a LONG pre-season ahead of him (1 - Young Stars Tournament, 2 - Main Training Camp, 3 - Pre-season games if he makes the cut).