b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

5,338 posts in this topic

Jensen had no points and was even on the night for the Oshawa Generals in a 3-0 loss to the Mississauga St. Michaels Majors today. Jensen and the Generals wrap up their regular season tomorrow vs the Peterborough Petes.

2 assists tonight. his team lost 8-6. Finishing with 58 points in 57 games. It's not bad, however, this is just me, but him being a first round pick, I expected a little more. Maybe I'm selfish or just crazy, but honestly I expected more. Maybe around 10 more points then what he has right now. Not exactly dominating, but who knows, Burmistrov wasn't exactly ripping up the stats sheet, and he was a top 10 pick.

/\/\

Don't think it's just you. Was hoping for more other than him essential replicating his draft year production. Is at a crossroads in his development: Either he's satisfied to sometime down the road make the show as a checker, or he'll go into next year with the intent of being "the guy," force the play, and use his experience and size to dominate that level. In which case he just may give himself a better chance of being a scorer and be projected as such by the Nuck's brass.

Yeah, definitely a fairly underwhelming season for Jensen. Oh well, let's see what he can do next year. Remember, he was one of the final cuts on one of the best rosters in the best league in the world in preseason. Who really knows what his offensive ceiling is, but we know he's bound to be an NHL player.

Bigger pwf type players usually take a while to develop. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him spend next year in the OHL, then 1-2 in the A.

I think everyone was expecting a Hodgson-esque post draft season, which is why they are disappointed. But people just need to see that he got the same # of points as last year in 4 fewer games, so there IS some progress there, and he was playing injured for a while leading up to and after the WJC. as long as there is continued improvement it's a successful season, and he doesn't need to be rushed, so he can spend another ohl season and an ahl season or 2 rounding into form before we call upon his services.

Any chance he finishes off his season with the Wolves?

well, they are the 8th place team, taking on the 1st place team starting tonight... chances are good he'll be available soon, I think the wolves would love him to come in.

well, they are the 8th place team, taking on the 1st place team starting tonight... chances are good he'll be available soon, I think the wolves would love him to come in.

Yea, and Niagara is such a dominant team. They have so much talent on their roster.

Sucks for Jensen, but I'd be surprised if they won one game. I see see the Ice Dogs cruising to the finals.

I would love to see Jensen play with Schroeder or Rodin though. That would be fun to watch.

I just hope we drafted the right Oshawa General. Time will tell but right now it looks like we missed a golden opportunity to draft Boone Jenner.

I think everyone was expecting a Hodgson-esque post draft season, which is why they are disappointed. But people just need to see that he got the same # of points as last year in 4 fewer games, so there IS some progress there, and he was playing injured for a while leading up to and after the WJC. as long as there is continued improvement it's a successful season, and he doesn't need to be rushed, so he can spend another ohl season and an ahl season or 2 rounding into form before we call upon his services.

I'm under the impression that Jensen fits the mold of a Marian Hossa, except a little bit bigger. Very good offensively but under-rated defensively.

Since stats doesn't describe the entire player, how has Jensen progressed in terms of his defensive zone coverage and checking?

I just hope we drafted the right Oshawa General. Time will tell but right now it looks like we missed a golden opportunity to draft Boone Jenner.

Jensen will be the better player, I can almost guarantee it.

He was playing in a mens league at 16, and now he's playing with some players who are 16 years old...

I expect him and Jenner to dominate next season if they both play together again.

Edited by DeNiro

Maybe our amazingly skilled negotiator GM could get Jenner included in a deal for their 1st rounder this year..

:bigblush:

(He was drafted by Columbus)

Edited by Hansen 36

Jensen will be the better player, I can almost guarantee it.

He was playing in a mens league at 16, and now he's playing with some players who are 16 years old...

I expect him and Jenner to dominate next season if they both play together again.

I don't know if he will be a better player than Hossa, I'd love it if he could be a very similar player to Hossa, if he was better than Hossa I would be ecstatic.

However if you misquoted and meant Jenner than of course. Jensen will be better than Boone.

I don't know if he will be a better player than Hossa, I'd love it if he could be a very similar player to Hossa, if he was better than Hossa I would be ecstatic.

However if you misquoted and meant Jenner than of course. Jensen will be better than Boone.

I meant Jenner.

If he become a better player than Hossa, I would be alright with that too. ::D

Edited by DeNiro

I meant Jenner.

If he become a better player than Hossa, I would be alright with that too. ::D

Ya, I was gonna say... Tinted glasses much?

Ya, I was gonna say... Tinted glasses much?

Yea, I'm not that delusional. :lol:

I just clicked on the wrong quote.

I do have high hopes for Jensen though. I hope he can be another Naslund type player with a more physical side.

OHL playoffs update for Nicklas Jensen:

Jensen and the Oshawa Generals currently trail Alex Friesen and the Niagra IceDogs 2-1 in their 1st round series. Niagra dominated the first two games 8-2 and 6-1 and Oshawa won their most recent game 6-4. Jensen has an assist and a -2 rating so far throughout the series. Game 4 goes today at 7:05PM EST.

Hopefully he can step up the next few games.

Knowing they can win might give them some extra confidence to play with.

Jensen-Schroeder-Kassian

WCE V2 :bigblush: