b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

5,338 posts in this topic

It's awhile ago now, but B-Mo had absolutely no problem lighting up the AHL. Neither did Marty St. Louis, Kyle Wellwood or any other impish player we'd want to compare him to.

Take off the homer goggles and Schroeder right now looks like a bust, at least offensively. He can't even get anything going on the power play. They're trying to get him to play better in traffic, and to be a defense-first center, but let's face it, that would be a total misuse of Schroeder. Why get a guy who can be easily rubbed out to play in a defense-first role?

What's interesting is that the longer he's been in our system, the worse he's performed offensively. That would likely happens to Jensen too if he were in Chicago.

I've come to believe that our system under Gillis and FAq, if indeed we're spending all that cash, has become bloated and overrated. Just like TO's. We are certainly not conjuring up great prospects left right and center here. Not when compared to other teams in the states. So where's that money going?

I agree seeing the way kassian played last year in the show, it's been said he's been working hard on just about everything. he's doing fairly well in the ahl. shroeder on the other hand...1 assist?? wasn't he supposed to be a slot for kes while he was on ir? kind of like coho last year? thought of shroeder being our 2nd line center until January makes me cringe. Edited by TruCanuck

as a side note, Hodgson has 7 assists in 5 games, he would have been great to have to slot in for kes, but then we wouldn't have kass either, and we need wings more than centermen.

Anyone know what he is getting for icetime?

He has been getting 17-20 most games regardless of wich line he is listed on. Tonight he is on the first line according to the official lineup (game starting now). It seems you earn your icetime as the game progresses in many swedish teams. I have seen "4th" lines getting 15-20 from time to time on my home ES Team. (Växjö).

It's awhile ago now, but B-Mo had absolutely no problem lighting up the AHL. Neither did Marty St. Louis, Kyle Wellwood or any other impish player we'd want to compare him to.

Take off the homer goggles and Schroeder right now looks like a bust, at least offensively. He can't even get anything going on the power play. They're trying to get him to play better in traffic, and to be a defense-first center, but let's face it, that would be a total misuse of Schroeder. Why get a guy who can be easily rubbed out to play in a defense-first role?

What's interesting is that the longer he's been in our system, the worse he's performed offensively. That would likely happens to Jensen too if he were in Chicago.

I've come to believe that our system under Gillis and FAq, if indeed we're spending all that cash, has become bloated and overrated. Just like TO's. We are certainly not conjuring up great prospects left right and center here. Not when compared to other teams in the states. So where's that money going?

Wow. Easy on the sky is falling negativity.

Not having a ton of blue chip prospects i.e lottery picks is the biggest reason.

Kassian looks like a stud right now.

Jensen is lighting up the SEL as a 19 yr old rookie.

Schroeder may end up busting but 5 games is hardly a large body of work and last seasons 44pts was encouraging.

Connauton and Tanev look great.

Lack looks impressive.

Mallet too.

Gaunce could be a beast.

Not to mention there is the possibility of a Burrows, Hansen off the board type somewhere.

Our development will be judged more accurately when holes in the Canuck roster open up and we have to give up more assets to fill these needs rather than just promoting from within. e.g when Luc Bourdon died the team gave up 1st rd pick and former 1st rd pick for Keith Ballard......luckily for us Dan Hamhuis signed.

So far Schneider and Hodgson have been the only guy's to do this during MG's tenure. After 4 yrs this may seem lacking but the ages of our best prospects suggest that it may be a couple more years before we see the true quality of our best at the NHL level.

Schroeder sticks out as a sore thumb to me on account that he's the only 2009 first rounder to not play an NHL game yet. This after him being advertised as a 'steal' for us? Do they think we're stupid?

And this is with Gillis' brilliance at work. Like i said, if we're apparently 'spending the most money' on our drafting and prospect development, then we're gonna start having to see some bloody results. Otherwise it's going to make the Canucks' system look as bloated as TO's, or simply make the Canucks look like liars.

Still, if we're 'following the Detroit model', then we can still afford to be patient i guess. (Meanwhile, all sorts of other teams will be winning cups while our team ages.) If the hope is that we can spin straw into gold, good luck. Other teams seem to be doing much better job still. Frustrating.

imo Jensen is legit though. Let's hope we don't screw him up too.

Schroeder is definately a bust. He's looked worse offensively every year, I agree.

I think Schroeds would thrive on a team like Carolina or TB. Although every team out there is getting bigger as a rule.

I think Schroeds would thrive on a team like Carolina or TB. Although every team out there is getting bigger as a rule.

he's custom made for montreal. Edited by avelanch

I love how members insist on including him in trade proposals like he actually has trade value or something

I love how the Jensen thread turned into a Schroeder thread. :P

I love how the Jensen thread turned into a Schroeder thread. :P

wait, you mean there are certain topics that are supposed to be discussed?

also, Jensen has a goal and an assist in his game today, his team is down by 1 with under 5 min to go in the 3rd

game over, no tying goal, but no EN goal either. AIK loses 4-5