b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

5,338 posts in this topic

oshawa doesn't want him either.

Looks like we got ourselves a problematic player....

Well if Oshawa rejects his transfer, then can't we assign him to the Wolves?

BTW, what's your source for Oshawa not being interested in him?

Well if Oshawa rejects his transfer, then can't we assign him to the Wolves?

BTW, what's your source for Oshawa not being interested in him?

hfboards.com. it was unbelievable at first, because it's stuff we never heard of. apparently some of his teammates were sick of him, and that he acted like he was better then everyone else. I really hope its not true, but but the track record is starting to match.

oshawa doesn't want him either.

Looks like we got ourselves a problematic player....

Last one got us Kassian.

hfboards.com. it was unbelievable at first, because it's stuff we never heard of. apparently some of his teammates were sick of him, and that he acted like he was better then everyone else. I really hope its not true, but but the track record is starting to match.

If you got this news from the Jensen thread in HF's prospects board, then take a look back a page or two. That guy was very biased against Jensen because he wanted him to stay in the OHL and thought that he fled to the SEL and I quote "won't be returning after he fleed home". Sure he perhaps may have been a bit of a primadonna but some Canadians are ridiculously biased against Europeans. If we haven't heard any official news about issues in Oshawa then we shouldn't be worrying.

Naw, Jensen should just ride out the rest of the season in Sweden. Their season ends pretty soon anyway and there will be no playoffs for AIK.

I'm really hoping, since he's technically not a CHL player right now, that Jensen will be eligible to join the Wolves when he returns to North America. Or do all CHL rules still apply to Jensen as far as playing in the AHL?

I can't see Oshawa not taking him. They've got a great team, but I don't see them beating Belleville or Barrie. And they're definitely not beating the Knights at this point.

Jensen is an elite scorer that would be a huge addition for them. Even if he ha s an attitude problem (which I think is pure speculation), they would be dumb not to take him.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the next couple weeks. I think it's safe to say his time in the SEL is done either way.

Edited by DeNiro

Naw, Jensen should just ride out the rest of the season in Sweden. Their season ends pretty soon anyway and there will be no playoffs for AIK.

I'm really hoping, since he's technically not a CHL player right now, that Jensen will be eligible to join the Wolves when he returns to North America. Or do all CHL rules still apply to Jensen as far as playing in the AHL?

CHL rules still apply. When the SEL season ends the only place he can report to is the Generals, until their season is over.

Edit: Or he could join the Canucks, but that's not happening.

Edited by DeNiro

CHL rules still apply. When the SEL season ends the only place he can report to is the Generals, until their season is over.

Edit: Or he could join the Canucks, but that's not happening.

it could happen actually... looks like they need scoring (canucks)

it could happen actually... looks like they need scoring (canucks)

What? really. Scoring is fine recently. We scored 3 goals 3 straight games, but lost all of em :picard:

Since it doesn't look like Jensen will get much of a chance to score some more goals, I made a video for his 15 goals and some scoring chances. There is no commentary, so if the music is not bearable, please play your own music for 4 minutes.

Jensen was technically in the lineup today for AIK but got no ice time. AIK defeated defeated Farjestad BK 3-2 in the shootout.

Ok, this is just weird. I can understand scratching him if something was going on but putting him in the roster and just not playing him?

Time to bring him home I'm thinking. But where does he play? I like the idea of just having him stay in Vancouver and practice with the Canucks while they're at home and train with a coach or the UBC team when they're not until Oshawa's season ends and he can play in Chicago, but is that the best option?

Last one got us Kassian.

Who is still a project.

Jensen has some serious skill and is the one guy I think we're all the most excited about. This situation is a bit concerning but I'm hoping being around guys like the Sedins next year or the year after that will teach him how to be a true professional on and off the ice if there are indeed issues.

Since it doesn't look like Jensen will get much of a chance to score some more goals, I made a video for his 15 goals and some scoring chances. There is no commentary, so if the music is not bearable, please play your own music for 4 minutes.

wow he looks so dynamic, like Kovalchuk esque goals

The kid looks good. A lot of nice set-ups from his team-mates. It also looks like he battles hard in front of the net, which is nice to see.

It won't hurt him to be 'twacked down' for saying stupid things about a teammate. Hockey is a team game and coaches will not stand for players that (for one reason or another) aren't committed to the team, win or lose.

It won't hurt him to be 'twacked down' for saying stupid things about a teammate. Hockey is a team game and coaches will not stand for players that (for one reason or another) aren't committed to the team, win or lose.

Sure, but at what point does that go past 'sending a message' and get into 'we just don't like you anymore' territory? He's one of the leading scorers on a bad team and by many accounts not the reason the team was losing before. Even if he had been the source of a conflict, let him know that's why he sits for a game or two then work him back in.

I understand they're winning now and they might not want to mess with chemistry, but he hasn't been the problem. Can they trade in the SEL? Maybe move him to a team with some playoff aspirations if they could (and it wasn't past a trade deadline of any sort).

Sure, but at what point does that go past 'sending a message' and get into 'we just don't like you anymore' territory? He's one of the leading scorers on a bad team and by many accounts not the reason the team was losing before. Even if he had been the source of a conflict, let him know that's why he sits for a game or two then work him back in.

I understand they're winning now and they might not want to mess with chemistry, but he hasn't been the problem. Can they trade in the SEL? Maybe move him to a team with some playoff aspirations if they could (and it wasn't past a trade deadline of any sort).

I totally agree with this. If the coach feels he was out of line during the incident, fine, bench him for a game. But he's the leading scorer on the team so you'd think they'd want to get him back in the lineup and put the whole thing behind them.

That being said, they are winning hockey games with their current setup and being as bad as they are, I guess I can see why they want to keep together what's working. Still, I don't think putting your leading scorer back on the top line should disrupt things any, unless his teammates really do feel uncomfortable with him. If that's the case, haul ass back over here to North America, Nicklas!