b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

Think the nucks will let him wear it? Seems like they just like to stick to low numbers or numbers previously worn by other players : /

They let Mike Duco wear number 79, so I guess when Nicklas officially makes the team they'll either award a number to him or let him take his pick like they did with Kass.

They let Mike Duco wear number 79, so I guess when Nicklas officially makes the team they'll either award a number to him or let him take his pick like they did with Kass.

Oh okay nice. This could be our 2nd line winger we've been waiting for.

So Oshawa's GM says he still has Jensen on their protected list. What does that mean?

Does that mean they can recall him if they want?

So Oshawa's GM says he still has Jensen on their protected list. What does that mean?

I'd assume that means that if he returns to the OHL he can only play in Oshawa. Too bad he's not returning to the OHL (for their GM).

Guest Gumballthechewy

Since he signed a professional contract with the Canucks, Oshawa shouldn't have any power over where he plays.

I'm just speculating mind you.

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Since he signed a professional contract with the Canucks, Oshawa shouldn't have any power over where he plays.

I'm just speculating mind you.

He's got an ELC, so a PTO is irrelevant.

What I've gathered from this is that the newly hired GM (after the previous GM released Jensen), believes that he can still list a player on their protected list despite his predecessor releasing those rights.

I'd assume Jensen is fine to go to the AHL, as the Generals released his rights with the previous GM, making any new moves by the current GM in terms of Jensen, insignificant . Anyways, I expect to see Jensen on the Wolves, though I wouldn't doubt that Oshawa would challenge it.

Lets hope this guy pots some goals. This team is a train wreck for chemistry and scoring

Edited by Lui's Knob

Sweatt has 12 points in his last 14 games. The Wolves are getting Jensen. The Canucks are gonna send Schroeder down likely around deadline time. Ebbett too hopefully.

Sterling - Ebbett - Haydar

Sweatt - Schroeder - Jensen

Not to mention that slides Andrew Gordon to the 3rd line.. Could be a nice AHL playoff team. Excited to see what Arniel can do with that.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Sweatt has 12 points in his last 14 games. The Wolves are getting Jensen. The Canucks are gonna send Schroeder down likely around deadline time. Ebbett too hopefully.

Not to mention that slides Andrew Gordon to the 3rd line.. Could be a nice AHL playoff team. Excited to see what Arniel can do with that.

I thought they already sent Ebbett down?

If Schroeder was sent down and with Jensen joining them, yeah, the Wolves would be a contender. The Sterling - Ebbett - Haydar line was hot before Sterling went down to injury and Schroeder, with his NHL experience, would be a different player. All the other good players would get shifted down too.

Archibald - Pinizzotto - Gordon

Miller - Schneider - Desbiens

^ Impressive lineup! That being said, ultimately I don't want Schroeder to get sent down and I want Jensen to eventually make the Canucks. The Wolves will still be a damn good team without those two.

I can't imagine Jensen not getting a look this season with the Canucks.

I can. If they don't have the roster space, how will they fit him in? They wanted to get Schroeder some games last year but the opportunity didn't come up to get him in without dropping (and likely waiving) someone else.

Jensen will have to be above impressive for us to consider bringing him in during the regular season if it's at the expense of someone else. If we have the roster room, I'm all for it, but if we are at 23 roster players then it'll be tough.

I can. If they don't have the roster space, how will they fit him in? They wanted to get Schroeder some games last year but the opportunity didn't come up to get him in without dropping (and likely waiving) someone else.

Jensen will have to be above impressive for us to consider bringing him in during the regular season if it's at the expense of someone else. If we have the roster room, I'm all for it, but if we are at 23 roster players then it'll be tough.

Also Vancouver has a plethora of wingers - with Sedin, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Kassian fighting for top 9 spots.

Also Vancouver has a plethora of wingers - with Sedin, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Kassian fighting for top 9 spots.

Most of those wingers are bottom 6 players though. I would say there there's only two legitimate top 6 wingers there. Three if Booth starts playing like one.

The team will always open up a spot if there's a player that can shine there.

Edited by DeNiro

Most of those wingers are bottom 6 players though. I would say there there's only two legitimate top 6 wingers there. Three if Booth starts playing like one.

The team will always open up a spot if there's a player that can shine there.

You saw the outrage from people when we waived Volpatti and lost him to waivers. Why would we do that again (it'd likely be Weise or Sestito) and risk losing a roster player who's providing decent depth in order to get a look at Jensen? We can bring him up in the playoffs without roster limitations and if he's that sorely needed in the regular season, I'd think we'd look at trade options before relying on him to save us.

If we see Jensen with the Canucks this year, it'll be because of injury or during the playoffs when there aren't any roster restrictions. We need centres, not more wingers. And there's no sense uselessly waiving a winger just to try out Jensen... management has to have learned their lesson by waiving Volpatti too soon. Jensen's better off getting some big minutes with the Wolves, and if he impresses there he'll earn a call-up when there's space.