4274 replies to this topic

#1051 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

I was just watching his AHL highlights and boy, this kid looked miles ahead of everyone else. The best sign that shows he's ahead of everyone else is him stripping pucks off the defence, playing hard on the forecheck and beating the defenders forechecks. Sure, most young players can score plenty of goals by shooting past bad goalies, but he was dominating in just about every aspect.

Jensen was probably our best prospect all prospect tournament and lasted long during our preseason campaign, much longer than Schroeder etc. I could honestly see Jensen making the team next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth
Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins
Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Weise

Heck, even Gaunce could challenge for that 4th center spot.

I won't even watch the canucks if that's our opening lineup.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1052 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

I won't even watch the canucks if that's our opening lineup.

Some fan you are.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1053 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Some fan you are.

Gettin tired of watching the Canucks fail and get pushed around. Everyone knows this team needs to get bigger and tougher to play against, having Malholtra with one eye and Ebbet as our 3rd and 4th line centers is embarrassing, even if it's for the start of the season, atleast give Schroeder the spot over Ebbett, it's time we start developing our prospects and not demoting or trading them away. Kassian also better not be on the 4th line, he was brought in for a reason, not to be a plug.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1054 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

lp

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#1055 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

I was just watching his AHL highlights and boy, this kid looked miles ahead of everyone else. The best sign that shows he's ahead of everyone else is him stripping pucks off the defence, playing hard on the forecheck and beating the defenders forechecks. Sure, most young players can score plenty of goals by shooting past bad goalies, but he was dominating in just about every aspect.

Jensen was probably our best prospect all prospect tournament and lasted long during our preseason campaign, much longer than Schroeder etc. I could honestly see Jensen making the team next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth
Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins
Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Weise

Heck, even Gaunce could challenge for that 4th center spot.

I could see Lapierre to start the season on 2nd if AV decides to roll 4 lines but I think it would look more like
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Hansen Lapierre Booth
Higgins Schroeder Kassian
Ebbett/Weise Malhotra Raymond

Jensen would have to be pretty amazing to make the opening lineup and I think he plays a year with men in Sweden. Gaunce is not going to be playing in the NHL this year unless we have some serious injuries and even then I doubt it . May see him next year but my guess is he is 2 years away from playing in the bigs. Unless you want him to become a 4th liner he isn't going to develop playing 8 minutes a game.

#1056 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Gettin tired of watching the Canucks fail and get pushed around. Everyone knows this team needs to get bigger and tougher to play against, having Malholtra with one eye and Ebbet as our 3rd and 4th line centers is embarrassing, even if it's for the start of the season, atleast give Schroeder the spot over Ebbett, it's time we start developing our prospects and not demoting or trading them away. Kassian also better not be on the 4th line, he was brought in for a reason, not to be a plug.

Malhotra is used in a way few players ever had been and has been very successful in it, he is going to continue to be a big part of this team this year. I do think it will be interesting to see where Ebbett ends up because he played very well in limited opportunities last year and very much an AV type player. Too many young guys in the lineup isn't going to work for the systems the Canucks play. There is a chance Kassian can prove he belongs in the top 6 this year but my guess he lands on the 4th or with Wolves once Kesler returns because of the way AV likes to use his 3rd line in a shutdown role.

#1057 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

... I would hope that, since there's a 2nd line spot open, AV actually gives JS a chance there instead of promoting Lapierre to that role.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#1058 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

They way I look at it is our lines to start the season are Going to look something like this pending trades
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
since our 2nd line is missing it's best player this line should not be touched this is where 85% of our offense will come from
Raymond-Schroeder-Booth
This Is Raymond's spot to lose there are plenty of guys who want this kassian Higgins Jensen Schroeder unless he has a bad camp will be gifted this temp spot but will be on a short leach
Hansen-lappiere-Higgins
Hansen is a third line lock and Higgins unless he wins that 2nd line spot is a lock here too I think Lappy could really succeed in this roll much like a bolland in Chicago
Weise-malholtra-volpatti
I don't think Kassian will be on the team unless he is getting top 3 line minutes and this means raymond would be gone. These would be my dream lines for us with our current guys
Sedins burr
Higg kes booth
Hansen-Lappy-kassian I think this line would be unreal
Weise-malholtra-volpatti

#1059 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

My lineup:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Kesler Jensen
Booth Schroeder Burrows
Weise Lapierre Hansen

#1060 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

Last
-formerly known as macvic24

#1061 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

First

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1062 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

I

They way I look at it is our lines to start the season are Going to look something like this pending trades
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
since our 2nd line is missing it's best player this line should not be touched this is where 85% of our offense will come from
Raymond-Schroeder-Booth
This Is Raymond's spot to lose there are plenty of guys who want this kassian Higgins Jensen Schroeder unless he has a bad camp will be gifted this temp spot but will be on a short leach
Hansen-lappiere-Higgins
Hansen is a third line lock and Higgins unless he wins that 2nd line spot is a lock here too I think Lappy could really succeed in this roll much like a bolland in Chicago
Weise-malholtra-volpatti
I don't think Kassian will be on the team unless he is getting top 3 line minutes and this means raymond would be gone. These would be my dream lines for us with our current guys
Sedins burr
Higg kes booth
Hansen-Lappy-kassian I think this line would be unreal
Weise-malholtra-volpatti

I agree with most of what you have said although I don't think we have seen enough of Kassian to know if he will be able to succeed on a shutdown line. If he can't then Kesler's line will have to shoulder the load of defensive match ups.

#1063 carrotshirt

carrotshirt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

One thousand sixty-third.
You are.

#1064 juwanski

juwanski

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

If there is a lockout it will help this kid, unless he were to make the NHL next year.

#1065 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Adding Jensen and Kassian to our top 9 will create quite a log jam of players.

Daniel Henrik ________
Booth Kesler ________
Higgins _____ _______
______ ______ ________

Insert: Burrows, Raymond, Kassian, Jensen, Hansen, Malhotra, Lapierre, Weise... all who are signed one way deals. Schroeder really should make the team this year barring any meltdown. Pinizzotto looked poised to crack the roster. Ebbett is serviceable. Add in possibility of a new acquisition via Luongo trade or maybe even Doan. It will be an interesting camp indeed.

#1066 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Last
-formerly known as macvic24

#1067 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

We need to get bigger and stronger. No more Europeans we want Canadians!

#1068 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

POPULAR

We need to get bigger and stronger. No more Europeans we want Canadians!

yup fill the team with good ol 6foot 190 pound canadian farmboys from alberta oh wait we have one of those already and hes the softest player on the team cue everyone loves raymond!

when will people learn nationality has nothing to do with anything..Judge each player on their own ability and throw away the ridiculous stereotypes.

#1069 CanucksCupHopes

CanucksCupHopes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Lp

#1070 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Jensen will play for AIK the whole season - not going to compete for Canucks roster spot.

Posted Image
last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#1071 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

odds are he thinks the nhl will be locked out, also, the SEL said they will not take locked out players and all contracts must play the full season with the SEL team or not play at all. since Jensen most likely wouldn't have made the team this really is for the best. he'll be back next season after playing against men and be all that much better because of it.

#1072 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Best of luck to Nicklas.

Hope he learns a lot and put up some good numbers.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#1073 synobyte

synobyte

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

when does SEL season start?

#1074 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,562 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

when does SEL season start?

September 13 http://www.aikhockey...chema-2012-2013

here's an article (translated by google) from his club's page:

Jensen "I already feel at home"

Published: 2012-08-28 15:23

The Danish super talent Nicklas Jensen is ready for AIK season. He lent by the Vancouver Canucks and the game finished to SCA Cup this weekend. It's a game craving forward who go to Sundsvall.
- It was good to check first game but since then I have been sick of just watching, says Jensen.

Nicklas Jensen was drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the first round, 2011th After playing with the Oshawa Generals in the junior league last season striker chose to develop further in the AIK.

From the beginning, the idea was that Jensen would try to play to a place Vancouver's star-studded team during their camp in the beginning of september.But now rests lockout threat of the NHL and all camps have been postponed.

This means that Vancovuer Now let his Danish super talent playing with AIK rest of the season.
- It feels great to finally be on the matches. It has been frustrating to sit on the sidelines. It was nice to watch the first game but since then I have been sick of just watching, says Jensen.

Since Jensen came to AIK in early August, he has been with and trained with the team.
- It's a lovely group that was easy to enter in. It has been great to get to know both the players and the game. There is a lot of skill on the team. It is better fit pace here compared to what I'm used to. It looks very good.

After practicing with the team for a few weeks, what can you contribute to the AIK?
- It's hard to say, I'm still young and have much to learn. But I want to be involved and help the team win games and be the player that the coaches can trust and deploy when needed is produced. I hope I can make some points.

AIK's head coach Per-Erik Johnsson know what qualities Dane possesses and will allow him to play the game already this weekend when SCA Cup in Sundsvall waiting.
- Nicklas has very good speed and are constantly finding ways into the goal. It will be fun to see him in match play. There is a talented player who we will greatly benefit from, says Johnson.

After training week in Sweden sees Jensen major differences between the European and North American game mode.
- The skill is greater here and exploited better. Over there, only forward, forward all the time. It is checked puck more and using the ice surface. It's been a little difficult to get used to, but it gets better and better, says Jensen.

Striker has between ispassen had become acquainted with her ​​new hometown.
- I'm very happy to be here and I feel at home already. I have tried to visit as much as possible between training sessions. It is a fantastic city and I'm very happy.

#1075 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Good for Jensen. It's better that he spend a full season there than contend for a roster spot whenever that might happen. I'll be checking SEL stats and hoping he tears it up!

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1076 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Jensen is just playing pre-season games. The plan is still for him to attend Canucks camp and make the team if the season isn't locked out till February. Speculation on your guys part.

http://www.vancouver...7330/story.html

#1077 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Jensen picked up 1 assist today in AIK's 2-0 victory over Sundsvall in his first game with them

Posted Image

#1078 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Jensen picked up 1 assist today in AIK's 2-0 victory over Sundsvall in his first game with them

Came here to post this, he was playing on AIK's first line of: Jensen - Sandberg - Little

It's good to see that they are giving him so much ice time, as usually young players have to work their butts off to get a good chance in the SEL.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1079 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

^^^Any where to watch video highlights of these games in Sweden???

Thanks!!

#1080 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

No points in his second exhibition game, but he played on the fourth line. I guess the coach is just trying different looks.

The good thing is his team lost 3-2, so hopefully we'll see him back in the top 6.

Edited by D-Bo7, 01 September 2012 - 12:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.