#1263 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Pure goal scorer, stoked!!

Oh, I know right? So stoked! The Canucks haven't seen a guy like this since Nazzy.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1264 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Oh, I know right? So stoked! The Canucks haven't seen a guy like this since Nazzy.

his play DOES remind me a LOT of Nazzy, and Kass has been showing shades of vintage Bert... unlike others, however, I don't see Morrison in Schroeder.

#1265 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

his play DOES remind me a LOT of Nazzy, and Kass has been showing shades of vintage Bert... unlike others

Oh, I know! I'm actually quite excited for the Canucks future.

however, I don't see Morrison in Schroeder.

Yeah, I know... Well we still have time to find our Morrison 2.0, ha ha!

#1266 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh, I know! I'm actually quite excited for the Canucks future.

Yeah, I know... Well we still have time to find our Morrison 2.0, ha ha!

if gaunce turns out as expect/hoped then we might be closer to having the legion of doom than the WCE.

#1267 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

if gaunce turns out as expect/hoped then we might be closer to having the legion of doom than the WCE.

I would enjoy that very much!

#1268 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,821 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'd mentioned much earlier in the Gaunce thread that he had been compared to Keith Primeau, so mentioning the Flyers (even if he wasn't a part of the LoD line) is maybe more apt than most of the comparisons. I don't think Renberg quite fits for Jensen, but the overall spirit of that line could be very similar - good offence while being a strong, physical line to play against.

Edited by elvis15, 22 October 2012 - 09:23 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1269 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

The style could be similar but definitely not the talent.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#1270 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,821 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well, there's no way they'd put up as many points overall, but the league was a little different even back then. That said, I don't think they're quite at the same level anyways, but similar style is more the point.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1271 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Well, there's no way they'd put up as many points overall, but the league was a little different even back then. That said, I don't think they're quite at the same level anyways, but similar style is more the point.

exactly.

#1272 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

As long as they hit, score and are tough to play against I'll be happier than a clam at a bake sale.

#1273 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

his play DOES remind me a LOT of Nazzy, and Kass has been showing shades of vintage Bert... unlike others, however, I don't see Morrison in Schroeder.

Schroeder might be B-Mo all over again, a center not quite good enough for his wingers but has great chemistry, that would be interesting.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1274 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Schroeder is still only 21. He had better stats as a 20 year old than Hodgson did and he's faster.

Smaller guys generally take longer to develop into solid NHL players. Brad Marchand didn't crack the Bruins until he was the same age Schroeder is right now.

I like the look of Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian
Jensen is a pure goal scorer, Schroeder is a shifty playmaking center, and Kass grinds it down and creates room.

#1275 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

http://www.aikhockey...178/highlights/

Jensen's shootout winner can be seen at 2:13. He just makes it look so easy. You can tell he's got a ton of confidence right now.

And since he got the game winner, it counts towards his goal totals in the SEL.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1276 DefMars

DefMars

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

http://www.aikhockey...178/highlights/

Jensen's shootout winner can be seen at 2:13. He just makes it look so easy. You can tell he's got a ton of confidence right now.

And since he got the game winner, it counts towards his goal totals in the SEL.

Thanks

#1277 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 26,657 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Anyone know what he is getting for icetime?
Posted Image

#1278 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Well he's getting second line minutes plus first unit powerplay time. So my guess would be an average of 16-18 minutes er game.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1279 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

16:50-17:50

Posted Image

#1280 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Schroeder might be B-Mo all over again, a center not quite good enough for his wingers but has great chemistry, that would be interesting.

It's awhile ago now, but B-Mo had absolutely no problem lighting up the AHL. Neither did Marty St. Louis, Kyle Wellwood or any other impish player we'd want to compare him to.

Take off the homer goggles and Schroeder right now looks like a bust, at least offensively. He can't even get anything going on the power play. They're trying to get him to play better in traffic, and to be a defense-first center, but let's face it, that would be a total misuse of Schroeder. Why get a guy who can be easily rubbed out to play in a defense-first role?

What's interesting is that the longer he's been in our system, the worse he's performed offensively. That would likely happens to Jensen too if he were in Chicago.

I've come to believe that our system under Gillis and FAq, if indeed we're spending all that cash, has become bloated and overrated. Just like TO's. We are certainly not conjuring up great prospects left right and center here. Not when compared to other teams in the states. So where's that money going?
Posted Image

#1281 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,489 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

It's awhile ago now, but B-Mo had absolutely no problem lighting up the AHL. Neither did Marty St. Louis, Kyle Wellwood or any other impish player we'd want to compare him to.

Take off the homer goggles and Schroeder right now looks like a bust, at least offensively. He can't even get anything going on the power play. They're trying to get him to play better in traffic, and to be a defense-first center, but let's face it, that would be a total misuse of Schroeder. Why get a guy who can be easily rubbed out to play in a defense-first role?

What's interesting is that the longer he's been in our system, the worse he's performed offensively. That would likely happens to Jensen too if he were in Chicago.

I've come to believe that our system under Gillis and FAq, if indeed we're spending all that cash, has become bloated and overrated. Just like TO's. We are certainly not conjuring up great prospects left right and center here. Not when compared to other teams in the states. So where's that money going?

I agree seeing the way kassian played last year in the show, it's been said he's been working hard on just about everything. he's doing fairly well in the ahl. shroeder on the other hand...1 assist?? wasn't he supposed to be a slot for kes while he was on ir? kind of like coho last year? thought of shroeder being our 2nd line center until January makes me cringe.

Edited by TruCanuck, 23 October 2012 - 10:01 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#1282 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

as a side note, Hodgson has 7 assists in 5 games, he would have been great to have to slot in for kes, but then we wouldn't have kass either, and we need wings more than centermen.

#1283 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

He has been getting 17-20 most games regardless of wich line he is listed on. Tonight he is on the first line according to the official lineup (game starting now). It seems you earn your icetime as the game progresses in many swedish teams. I have seen "4th" lines getting 15-20 from time to time on my home ES Team. (Växjö).

#1284 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Wow. Easy on the sky is falling negativity.

Not having a ton of blue chip prospects i.e lottery picks is the biggest reason.

Kassian looks like a stud right now.
Jensen is lighting up the SEL as a 19 yr old rookie.
Schroeder may end up busting but 5 games is hardly a large body of work and last seasons 44pts was encouraging.
Connauton and Tanev look great.
Lack looks impressive.
Mallet too.
Gaunce could be a beast.
Not to mention there is the possibility of a Burrows, Hansen off the board type somewhere.

Our development will be judged more accurately when holes in the Canuck roster open up and we have to give up more assets to fill these needs rather than just promoting from within. e.g when Luc Bourdon died the team gave up 1st rd pick and former 1st rd pick for Keith Ballard......luckily for us Dan Hamhuis signed.

So far Schneider and Hodgson have been the only guy's to do this during MG's tenure. After 4 yrs this may seem lacking but the ages of our best prospects suggest that it may be a couple more years before we see the true quality of our best at the NHL level.

#1285 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

and he scores!

#1286 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Is showing Jensen on the top line today, AIK is down 2-1 after 1 period with Jensen netting the lone AIK goal

#1287 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Schroeder sticks out as a sore thumb to me on account that he's the only 2009 first rounder to not play an NHL game yet. This after him being advertised as a 'steal' for us? Do they think we're stupid?

And this is with Gillis' brilliance at work. Like i said, if we're apparently 'spending the most money' on our drafting and prospect development, then we're gonna start having to see some bloody results. Otherwise it's going to make the Canucks' system look as bloated as TO's, or simply make the Canucks look like liars.

Still, if we're 'following the Detroit model', then we can still afford to be patient i guess. (Meanwhile, all sorts of other teams will be winning cups while our team ages.) If the hope is that we can spin straw into gold, good luck. Other teams seem to be doing much better job still. Frustrating.
Posted Image

#1288 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

imo Jensen is legit though. Let's hope we don't screw him up too.
Posted Image

#1289 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Schroeder is definately a bust. He's looked worse offensively every year, I agree.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1290 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

I think Schroeds would thrive on a team like Carolina or TB. Although every team out there is getting bigger as a rule.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.