4353 replies to this topic

#1591 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Damn, I had a doctors appointment at the end of the first, too bad he didn't finish the game well.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1592 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Aspecvist scores, 1-0 AIK halfway through the first.

Jensen is very noticeable on every shift, he flies around the ice trying to generate chances, very fluid skater and quick for his size. Not exactly physical but he'll fight off checkers. He's reached a complete other level from when I last saw him play in the OHL.

As for Tommernes, I havent noticed him really outside of hearing his name on the PK and PP, hard to see the numbers.

Great to hear (your comments on Jensen)

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 12 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

zackass.png

#1593 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,655 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Watched the game as well. Jensen was pretty noticable. He definitely doesn't look like a kid out there. Although his linemates seemed to have a hard time retrieving the puck, and lost alot of battles.

One great thing I noticed about him, is that his first instinct is to go to the net whe his teammates have the puck. Exactly what you want out of a powerforward.

I noticed he was second on the team in ice time, which is weird, cause he did get alot of shifts but they all seemed really short. Maybe just my imagination. Either way, you can tell this guy is a goal scorer. He can't wait to get the puck and skate it up ice, or drive to the net.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1594 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Where are you guys watching these games? I've just been checking boxscores because I figured there was no way I could watch SEL games online.

#1595 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,655 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Where are you guys watching these games? I've just been checking boxscores because I figured there was no way I could watch SEL games online.

First row sports had a link this morning. They usually do actually.

The games are usually on at around 10:00AM

Posted Image

#1596 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

First row sports had a link this morning. They usually do actually.

The games are usually on at around 10:00AM

Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out when AIK or Frolunda has their next game.

#1597 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

SSJensen3
Posted Image

I love the goofy look on his face! Priceless!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1598 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Jensen scored a goal and had 5 shots on net, an even rating and 17:46 of ice time for AIK in a 3-2 win over Farjestad BK.

Did anyone watch the game this morning? I was out so I wasn't able to tune in.

#1599 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Damn, this kid is really looking good.

I work from home and I have the games streaming in the background. I always hear Jensen's name being called by the announcers, that is always a good thing!

He is the kind of player that knows exactly what he wants to do on the ice, and exactly where to be positionally. I think he will thrive playing with guys that are even more skilled than him. I think his decision to stay in Europe was a wise one. I would like to see him develop the offensive side of his game even more, while putting on some size and muscle in the off-season.

I saw him making some no-look passes, as well as driving to the net for rebounds and tip-ins. Can we officially start predicting him as a Sedin linemate?? :bigblush:

#1600 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I saw him making some no-look passes, as well as driving to the net for rebounds and tip-ins. Can we officially start predicting him as a Sedin linemate?? :bigblush:

Yeah, but knowing AV he'll probably put him on the fourth or scratch him no matter how good he's doing.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1601 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Jensen scored a goal and had 5 shots on net, an even rating and 17:46 of ice time for AIK in a 3-2 win over Farjestad BK.

Did anyone watch the game this morning? I was out so I wasn't able to tune in.

Was that his 14th goal?
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#1602 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,222 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

NICKLAS JENSEN - his stats page from the SEL. He has 14g, 6a in 38 games.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1603 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Jensen scored a goal on the powerplay, his 15th goal of the season, for AIK in a 3-2 shootout loss to Lulea Hockey. He also finished the game with 2 shots on net, a -1 rating and 18:45 of ice time.

BTW, Jensen's 15 goals currently rank him 6th in the SEL in goal scoring, or a 3-way tie for 4th.

#1604 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,655 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Just when I stop watching cause the game is boring, Jensen goes and scores. :rolleyes:

He got the all important game tying goal too! Good to see. :)

Posted Image

#1605 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

The fact that he's succeeding on such a poor team makes me excited to see what he'll do when he has some real line-mates in the NHL.

wZEgqzy.png

#1606 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,864 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I want to see this sniper with the Sedins.

#1607 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I got a good feeling about this kid.. If he can make the jump next year it would be huge for our cap savings to add another ELC that can produce.

Edited by thad, 17 January 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#1608 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I got a good feeling about this kid.. If he can make the jump next year it would be huge for our cap savings to add another ELC that can produce.

I agree. Speaking of Jensen's ELC, is he burning a year off that ELC by playing pro hockey in Sweden or does it slide? Three years of quality NHL production @ $895,000 is far better than two years and capgeek suggests he is burning a year off his ELC.

Is that correct?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1609 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,222 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I agree. Speaking of Jensen's ELC, is he burning a year off that ELC by playing pro hockey in Sweden or does it slide? Three years of quality NHL production @ $895,000 is far better than two years and capgeek suggests he is burning a year off his ELC.

Is that correct?

I don't think he does but it's confusing. Capgeek does list Jensen's 2011/2012 year as entry level slide since he was in junior, but not 2012/2013. I know Andersson had the entry level slide in 2010/2011 while playing overseas, but then he did burn a year (all according to Capgeek mind you) in 2011/2012 while still in Sweden.

Is it related to age perhaps? Andersson was 19 in 2010/2011, but then Jensen is 19 now. Rodin didn't get any slide years on his contract (which he started as a 21 year old) despite playing overseas during that time.

EDIT: reworded everything.

Edited by elvis15, 17 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#1610 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is that correct?

The capgeek people know more than me, but to me it makes sense for it to slide this year as it is an NHL contract, but maybe it's any pro. I guess go check Kuznetsov or Tarasenko's contract status and see how many years are left on their ELC's.

Edited by mrsasaki, 17 January 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#1611 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't think he does but it's confusing. Capgeek does list Jensen's 2011/2012 year as entry level slide since he was in junior, but not 2012/2013. I know Andersson had the entry level slide in 2010/2011 while playing overseas, but then he did burn a year (all according to Capgeek mind you) in 2011/2012 while still in Sweden.

Is it related to age perhaps? Andersson was 19 in 2010/2011, but then Jensen is 19 now. Rodin didn't get any slide years on his contract (which he started as a 21 year old) despite playing overseas during that time.

EDIT: reworded everything.

Odd. It's probably just an error by capgeek.

Edit: Never mind. I was misinterpreting their "asterisk star" as a contract that is in risk of sliding when the star is for bonuses. Jensen's contract indeed has "SR" attached to it.

Edited by Millerdraft, 17 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1612 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,222 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Odd. It's probably just an error by capgeek.

Edit: Never mind. I was misinterpreting their "asterisk star" as a contract that is in risk of sliding when the star is for bonuses. Jensen's contract indeed has "SR" attached to it.

Didn't think to look at that, was on their individual pages vs the team page. Yeah, the * is for bonus eligible while SR is for slide risk. Jensen is the only player (other than our juniors in Gaunce, Corrado and McEneny) with that so it makes sense considering he's overseas. I guess they can't mark it down as a slide year until it's all over in case he does come back to NA and play.

It doesn't explain Rodin, or Andersson's second year - perhaps age again - but we can at least confirm Jensen has the slide option.

Edited by elvis15, 17 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#1613 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Is that correct?

yeah no kidding.. an extra year would be a big help at the end of our window. if hes playing like a 4 million dollar player in his 3rd year of elc, that gives us the room to add another 4 mill player to the roster for one last crack at the cup.

#1614 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,655 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Don't be surprised to see Jensen brought over when his teams season is done.

He has the potential to play the last month of the regular season here to get prepped for the playoffs. We'll see how ready management feels he is.

From what I've seen, his defensive game is good enough to at least be givena shot by AV.

Posted Image

#1615 dbam09

dbam09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Now if he were to come over for the last month and the playoffs, would that NOT burn a year since his team commitments are finished, much like when the chl players' teams are eliminated and they're called up? If thats the case, I think he actually has a legitimate chance of stepping on to the roster, and if not going down and providing a huge offensive boost for the Wolves! Could be an exciting "deadline" aquisition for this team.

#1616 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,222 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Don't be surprised to see Jensen brought over when his teams season is done. He has the potential to play the last month of the regular season here to get prepped for the playoffs. We'll see how ready management feels he is. From what I've seen, his defensive game is good enough to at least be givena shot by AV.

AV loves the kid (he was very complimentary after training camp last year) so I could easily see him being brought over after to us or the Wolves.

Now if he were to come over for the last month and the playoffs, would that NOT burn a year since his team commitments are finished, much like when the chl players' teams are eliminated and they're called up? If thats the case, I think he actually has a legitimate chance of stepping on to the roster, and if not going down and providing a huge offensive boost for the Wolves! Could be an exciting "deadline" aquisition for this team.

Normally, the rule would be he could play 9 games and not burn a year of his contract, but this year it's only 5. If he were to play more than 5 pro games (in the AHL or NHL, regular season or playoffs) it would burn a year of his contract. That's why on Capgeek it shows him as a slide risk (SR) rather than already showing it as a slide year, as it could still be burned.

#1617 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Isn't he eligible to join the AHL team at the end of the season without burning up a year like other juniors?
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#1618 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,222 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Isn't he eligible to join the AHL team at the end of the season without burning up a year like other juniors?

Of course he can then go to the AHL after his season is done in Sweden, but he would burn a year of his deal if he does play more than 5 games.

#1619 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

AV loves the kid (he was very complimentary after training camp last year) so I could easily see him being brought over after to us or the Wolves.

Normally, the rule would be he could play 9 games and not burn a year of his contract, but this year it's only 5. If he were to play more than 5 pro games (in the AHL or NHL, regular season or playoffs) it would burn a year of his contract. That's why on Capgeek it shows him as a slide risk (SR) rather than already showing it as a slide year, as it could still be burned.

They changed this rule? The 9 games used to only include regular season games (see CoHo's 2008-2009 contract slide despite suiting up for 11 playoff games with the Moose that year).

http://www.capgeek.com/player/732

Edited by Millerdraft, 18 January 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#1620 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Of course he can then go to the AHL after his season is done in Sweden, but he would burn a year of his deal if he does play more than 5 games.

No, they'd do the end of the year as a PTO. It wouldn't affect his deal.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.