3935 replies to this topic

#1681 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

How many games left before his SEL season is over?

8 more games. AIK's season ends March 5
Posted Image

#1682 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

Lp
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#1683 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Lp

Try clicking the 4 pane window button thing on the top right of the mobile version and then select 'mark all as read'. It'll instantly put you on the last page for every single thread on the forum.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1684 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I haven't been able to keep up; how has Jensen been playing this year so far?

Also, with his season coming to an end, is he likely to move to the wolves?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#1685 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

So come March 5 is he eligible for the Wolves or would he have to go back to Oshawa?

#1686 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I haven't been able to keep up; how has Jensen been playing this year so far?

Also, with his season coming to an end, is he likely to move to the wolves?

He's scratched for character issues. Got in a heated argument with the goalie and Broc Little after a 6-0 loss.

I posted my opinion on HFBoards where I heard about it:
While I don't support taking out anger on teammates, I do support a strong devotion to winning. I've noticed that losing is unacceptable to Jensen and his drive to win is a very good thing. Kesler is like that. It will be imperative to him succeeding at higher levels, but if he's going to get that frustrated he should get into boxing or something.

If there's anything that I can tell about Jensen from all that I've heard over the past couple years it's that this is a kid made for the NHL. He's got a game made for the pro level, high expectations for himself and his teammates and a drive to succeed. He's still just a kid so some anger issues aren't that bad and he'll learn to deal with that.

Blue Team

#1687 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

AIK is a pretty pathetic team with no apparent leadership. I'd be pretty pissed to if I were losing every game like that.

Maybe he didn't do it in the best way, but I like the passion. Clearly somebody needed to step up and say something.

Not sure why the coach would punish him like this unless it got really bad. Jensen was just doing what the coach couldn't.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1688 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I read on the HF boards a while ago that Jensen wasn't very liked by most of his teammates because he thought he was too good for Oshawa and he had issues with the coach because they wanted him to play more physical.

Let's hope he's not a primadonna....

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1689 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

I read on the HF boards a while ago that Jensen wasn't very liked by most of his teammates because he thought he was too good for Oshawa and he had issues with the coach because they wanted him to play more physical.

I'd have issues with a coach trying to get me to play a different style that I'm use to and comfortable with.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 13 February 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1690 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,567 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

in before "bigger drama queen than hodgson"

#1691 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

in before "bigger drama queen than hodgson"

Ha ha!

Has everyone forgot about Kesler or what?

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 13 February 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1692 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

That guy was more than a bit ... that Jensen chose the SEL over OHL. Should be taken with a grain of salt, he also claimed that Jensen wouldn't be returning after "fleeing home to Sweden".

Blue Team

#1693 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I wouldn't take hfboards.com too seriously, as the members there, just love to say anything negative about the Vancouver Canucks. If he really did what he did, with his teamates, we would have heard it first. Not some clown on hfboards.com

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1694 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

That guy was more than a bit ... that Jensen chose the SEL over OHL. Should be taken with a grain of salt, he also claimed that Jensen wouldn't be returning after "fleeing home to Sweden".

But... but... he's not from Sweden
Posted Image

#1695 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

haha alright good to know.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1696 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

But... but... he's not from Sweden

That's the point of Hansen's comment....
Posted Image

#1697 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nothing wrong with having a kid with a bit of passion.

#1698 NME

NME

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Lp

#1699 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

If he was Russian.....

#1700 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

:lol: Oh yeah, I think I saw that post aswell.

zackass.png

#1701 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

He's scratched for character issues. Got in a heated argument with the goalie and Broc Little after a 6-0 loss.

I posted my opinion on HFBoards where I heard about it:
While I don't support taking out anger on teammates, I do support a strong devotion to winning. I've noticed that losing is unacceptable to Jensen and his drive to win is a very good thing. Kesler is like that. It will be imperative to him succeeding at higher levels, but if he's going to get that frustrated he should get into boxing or something.

If there's anything that I can tell about Jensen from all that I've heard over the past couple years it's that this is a kid made for the NHL. He's got a game made for the pro level, high expectations for himself and his teammates and a drive to succeed. He's still just a kid so some anger issues aren't that bad and he'll learn to deal with that.

wth... scratched?? Scratched for how long???

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1702 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Good news. Jensen is back in the AIK lineup today for their game against MODO. However, he's centering the 4th line. Looks like he's going to have to earn his top line spot back after whatever incident occurred.

Side note: If Jensen was indeed scratched because of an argument with his teammates after that bad 6-0 loss, it says something about the difference in hockey culture between Sweden and Canada. In Canada, that kind of passion is encouraged, so long as it's respectful. Who knows, maybe Jensen was being a jackass, and if so, ok, maybe he needed to be put in his place. If it was just a spirited argument derived out of frustration from losing, then scratching the player or players is unacceptable. I mean, come on, you need that fire. You need players who are jacked up and care enough to keep eachother accountable.

Not that I fall in this category, but one can see why Swedes get stereotyped if that's the kind of mindset over there, that you scratch a player for having a bit of fire and keeping your teammates accountable. It would really explain why only one Swedish captain has ever won a Cup.

Anyway, rant over. I reiterate that I am NOT one of those people who stereotypes Swedish players. Sweden is in fact my favourite hockey nation after Canada. I'm just simply pointing out that there IS a clear difference in hockey culture in that country.

#1703 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well, Jensen had no points, no shots, an even rating and a whopping 1:19 of ice time. What a joke (unless he got injured).

AIK defeated MODO 3-1.

#1704 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Well, Jensen had no points, no shots, an even rating and a whopping 1:19 of ice time. What a joke (unless he got injured).

AIK defeated MODO 3-1.

We'll have to see if his role increases again as they finish up the season. It's possible (but only slightly) they're protecting him as the season winds up if the Canucks have directed them to in preparation to return to North America.

Edited by elvis15, 14 February 2013 - 01:38 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1705 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

lol 1:19 of ice time.... might as well just come back to North America now.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1706 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Good news. Jensen is back in the AIK lineup today for their game against MODO. However, he's centering the 4th line. Looks like he's going to have to earn his top line spot back after whatever incident occurred.

Side note: If Jensen was indeed scratched because of an argument with his teammates after that bad 6-0 loss, it says something about the difference in hockey culture between Sweden and Canada. In Canada, that kind of passion is encouraged, so long as it's respectful. Who knows, maybe Jensen was being a jackass, and if so, ok, maybe he needed to be put in his place. If it was just a spirited argument derived out of frustration from losing, then scratching the player or players is unacceptable. I mean, come on, you need that fire. You need players who are jacked up and care enough to keep eachother accountable.

Not that I fall in this category, but one can see why Swedes get stereotyped if that's the kind of mindset over there, that you scratch a player for having a bit of fire and keeping your teammates accountable. It would really explain why only one Swedish captain has ever won a Cup.

Anyway, rant over. I reiterate that I am NOT one of those people who stereotypes Swedish players. Sweden is in fact my favourite hockey nation after Canada. I'm just simply pointing out that there IS a clear difference in hockey culture in that country.

Following hockey in both countries i have seen no evidence whatsoever that there is a difference in hockey culture in regards to this specific (and speculative?) action. No way he would be scratched for "having a bit of fire and keeping your teammates accountable". Not in AIK, not in any team with a sane head coach.

Matt duchesne even threw all his teammates under the bus calling them lazy (rightly so but he should have included himself) in swedish media without losing any icetime. When playing for Frölunda during the lockout

#1707 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Back after some quick research

After reading some AIk forums and asking an AIK fan I really hope its just about the fact that AIK has ben winning pretty much every game since jensen left for international duty and the dont want to change the lineup.

However I also found some indications that the coach in unhappy with jensens defensive play and there are A LOT of rumors about serious attitude problems and, I am sad to report, "being a jackass".

Believe what you will but it seems alot of AIK fans have turned on Jensen

#1708 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sounds like Jensen's game is perfectly suited for North America and not quite for the more skilled European rinks. Perfect, get him in the AHL and keep him there until he can earn a Canucks roster spot.

He might be able to replace Higgins as soon as next season if he doesn't get resigned. I'd love for him to forget about Europe, finish the AHL season here then maybe a full season in the AHL before jumping up to the Canucks. By then Kassian should be hitting his prime, Schroeder will be a lot more comfortable and Gaunce may even challenge for a roster spot.
Posted Image

#1709 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hmm, that's concerning news. Good thing AV is a tough coach and the Canucks locker room is well lead but still, if he is being a jackass, he better get his sh*t together quick, because he won't be making it far with that attitude. Hopefully he's just fed up with AIK's losing and is ready to come back to North America.

Blue Team

#1710 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Just wanna confirm - he doesn't have to go back to Oshawa when AIK's season ends?
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.